over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Owners

|--[\\\]>-------- Start with your basics and build upon that. dont get carried away with 'too much' it's very hard to manage all that xtra stuff, get a large facility, fill it with cardio, weights, lockers rooms, day care, aerobics, and a juicebar area, then expand a little once you get rolling. As for the climbing wall...a waste IMO. Only a tiny % of your members will take advantage of s'thing like that. I feel the same goes with basketball courts and pools. A pool is s'thing else i'd like to give a big NO NO too..the up keep of pools and daily maintenance is unbelievable! once the pH levels go out of wack...your pool is down for days and yuo have to adjust the chemicals and not to mention dealing with all your angry pool goers! LOL

I don't want a pool either, if I want to swim I go to the back yard to my 20'x40' and swim. Plus then you need life guards and liability. I just thought about the wall as versatility. Probably nothing I would actually do.
But the man putting up all the monet said that he wanted to see one thing for sure in there. A hot tub off of the locker room. The only problem that I know that stopping the progress here is the EPA is giving us some shit about some of the soil. Were going down 20' into the ground so the domes aren't so high into the air. But they said that they want to run some more tests first. I hate slowing down for this shit as ground was to be broke on Nov 15 and they just said we'll have to wait till after the first. The Mayor and even the bitch Gov Granholm is pushing for this now as we estimated the facility will give just under 200 jobs to the area.

Phil I'm really surprised that you don't have any ideas. Doesn't Tbonus have a gym also?

A climbing wall works well if it is connected to a climbing club. we have several in my town and they are popular. But without the club I think it would just be an expensive sculpture.

It was an idea but I really don't think that I'd go with it. I was just looking to broaden the base. But just work within the frame work and go from there.

This maybe off topic a bit but it may create some more ideas for Armageddon.

How do you differentiate yourself from the big names like 24 Fitness, Gold's, etc? I know that Armageddon will have a huge facility with everything so he certainly has the upper hand but what about smaller gyms?

I have always thought about opening a gym but wasn't clear on how to beat the big boys. Do you do sport specific stuff and get the rich parents to put their kids through the programs for football and other sport specific training, do you go after the older baby boomer crowd that wants to stay young "30 minute workout", or do you just try and go after the "everyone" crowd like the big boys do? Thoughts?

Well look at the research from you area and demographics and what not and see what you maybe able to offer that others don't. But more often then not it's all about the same it's just the twist that you put on it and the size of your area.
See my area really can't support a gym like what I want to build, but with all the other amenities that will come with it, it shall survive! We're going with a sports complex that has a gym in it. It just happens that the gym is the part that I'll be running. I'm sure I'll have something to do with some of the sports programs and whatnot. I've already had several parents ask me to do a private foorball clinic over the summer for there boys because coaches can't interact with them. Through this place I'll beable to help them develope faster and more convienet for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws