over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Rant

Darb77

Registered
I am a member of Urban Active and today something happened that seriusly pissed me off. It was back day for me and I walked out of the locker room with my straps, belt, and a tupperware thing with a block of chalk in it. I proceeded to do some barbell rows and in the middle of my 4th set a trainer walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. I took my earplugs out and said "yes"? I HATE TO BE BOTHERED WHEN I AM WORKING OUT. He said " I noticed when you came in you had a block of chalk and I wanted to tell you that chalk is prohibited from all urban active gyms and you cannot use it" My blood pressure started to BOIL! I didnt even have the dam chalk out of the container and here is some guy busting my balls for no dam reason! I asked him if he was a boss/management person for the gym and he said "No I am a personal fitness consultant" I said " Whatever" and he walked away.

Seriously..... why in the hell would some trainer in the middle of training some dude walk up to me and bust my balls about chalk that was sitting in a container on the floor that I wasnt even using? I have been a member there and used chalk a TON! even in front of the ppl wearing the suits and big management people. This guy has always given me weird and dirty looks when I am training.

On another note....... I pulled 500 for a single today which is a PR! and I did use a shitload of chalk :eek:

just put me in a bad mood

Probably just finished up a bg glass of "hater-aid"

Trainers seriously piss me off , I've met very very few that I woulden't consider punching in the throat !!! , the all have the mantality that they are some sort of boss in the gym.

Always two sides ...

Maybe some douche bag who goes to your gym has been over chalking equipment and not wiping it off, spilling chalk and not cleaning it up etc.. Here this trainer comes, with a client, to use the squat-rack and there is so much spilled chalk it looks like a damn litter box. This fucks with his livelihood, because he either has to spend his client's time sweeping it up, or hunt around for another movement.

I am just saying there are 2 sides to everything. I use chalk more often than not when I lift. I will say that my training partners and I are overly responsible with cleaning up our messes and wiping things off. However there are others at our gym who just leave their chalk-messes for others, and thusly fuck it up for all.

congratulations on pulling 500!!! seriously, that's just awesome!

i do see your point. to me it boils down to one thing, and that is, what do the rules say? if the rules say "no chalk," then that means no chalk. you agreed to play by the book when you signed the contract.

Maybe some douche bag who goes to your gym has been over chalking equipment and not wiping it off, spilling chalk and not cleaning it up etc.. Here this trainer comes, with a client, to use the squat-rack and there is so much spilled chalk it looks like a damn litter box. This fucks with his livelihood, because he either has to spend his client's time sweeping it up, or hunt around for another movement.

excellent point.

Most trainers have never walked the walk and all they know is how to talk. He wanted to feel big infront of his trainee so he went after the big man in the gym to cut down on.

Congratulations on the 500 PR. Now go over to that personal trainer and thank him for pissing you off as it made you stronger :D

I am a member of Urban Active and today something happened that seriusly pissed me off. It was back day for me and I walked out of the locker room with my straps, belt, and a tupperware thing with a block of chalk in it. I proceeded to do some barbell rows and in the middle of my 4th set a trainer walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. I took my earplugs out and said "yes"? I HATE TO BE BOTHERED WHEN I AM WORKING OUT. He said " I noticed when you came in you had a block of chalk and I wanted to tell you that chalk is prohibited from all urban active gyms and you cannot use it" My blood pressure started to BOIL! I didnt even have the dam chalk out of the container and here is some guy busting my balls for no dam reason! I asked him if he was a boss/management person for the gym and he said "No I am a personal fitness consultant" I said " Whatever" and he walked away.

Seriously..... why in the hell would some trainer in the middle of training some dude walk up to me and bust my balls about chalk that was sitting in a container on the floor that I wasnt even using? I have been a member there and used chalk a TON! even in front of the ppl wearing the suits and big management people. This guy has always given me weird and dirty looks when I am training.

On another note....... I pulled 500 for a single today which is a PR! and I did use a shitload of chalk :eek:

just put me in a bad mood

Welcome to the world of jealously.

The gym I train at has a moron who wears SUNGLASSES while he personally trains. A true imbecile. Imagine, and I'm not kidding about this at all, LENNY KRAVITZ teaching some fat girls how to train, while asking her questions about how to pick up her hot girlfriend.

He also teaches an aerobics class, apparently. Go figure.

The modern gyms just don't cater to bodybuilders and powerlfiters, and the new "trainer" mentality is that you must be partially gay to be employed (And as a side note, I have nothing against gay people, but this is the obvious trend!). If you're too much of a "man", then pretty much you're out as a trainer these days, in popular areas.

I say ignore the guy. If management messes with you, demand a refund and find a new gym.

It would have been different if I was throwing chalk around and had the crap all over the place but I wasnt even using it :)

To be honest I dont know if chalk is allowed or not. I use chalk for one thing only and thats deadlifts that I do ever other week. He just wanted to bust my balls for no reason because he is one of those ego trainers who doesnt have a clue. and as far as cleaning up the mess goes this place has like a full time cleaning crew working around the clock! dam people will be vaccuming around you when you are working out! :eek:

The guy actually left his client and wasted his clients time by coming to me and bitching about me about using chalk that I wasnt even using!:rolleyes:

Welcome to the world of jealously.

The gym I train at has a moron who wears SUNGLASSES while he personally trains. A true imbecile. Imagine, and I'm not kidding about this at all, LENNY KRAVITZ teaching some fat girls how to train, while asking her questions about how to pick up her hot girlfriend.

He also teaches an aerobics class, apparently. Go figure.

The modern gyms just don't cater to bodybuilders and powerlfiters, and the new "trainer" mentality is that you must be partially gay to be employed (And as a side note, I have nothing against gay people, but this is the obvious trend!). If you're too much of a "man", then pretty much you're out as a trainer these days, in popular areas.

I say ignore the guy. If management messes with you, demand a refund and find a new gym.
The sunglasses part doesn't bother me because I used to wear my prescription sunglasses and so do other people at my gym ... I guess it has something to do with how geeky I look with clear glasses and don't always want to wear my contacts .

first off....urban active?????.....lol, this is last place where i would pull out chalk dude......i think you were in the wrong here

use your common sense.....thats like puttin a bench shirt on at planet fitness

i think its a good rule for places like this

find a hardcore gym man:mad:

In my several years in gym management I have always been super dilligent with enforcing the no chalk rule.

ABSOLUTELY NO CHALK in my gym. I would always make sure everyone is well aware of the rule so no one had excuses. Its on the rule sheet they agree to abide by before joining.

Whenever there is chalk, there is a mess. ALWAYS in my experience. It sucks that a few people ruined it for the many, but oh well get over it.

If you insist on using chalk in a pop-culture fitness center, buy yourself a climbers chalk sock and smuggle it in. It keeps things virutally mess-free, and no trainers or manager would even notice it.

lol you got a point about using chalk in urban active HAHA. I get real weird looks doing floor presses when the place is busy lol.

Chalk

I have used chalk in every gym I have belonged to and never had someone complain but I am good to clean up after myself as well. I have had trainers complain about my gym bag on the floor a few times.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws