over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym share? Kind of like airbnb but for iron bros

w8tlifterty

Registered
Anyone willing to open up their personal home gyms to guys local to them..? I know I'd be willing to pay if you have a nice set up.
Obviously a separate entrance as none of us want to chance bringing a virus into someone's home but, if you have a garage gym or basement dungeon w separate access maybe it would be doable.
Shit, maybe even some friendships or good training sessions could come of it.

Mods, would it be possible to set up a thread or allow this to evolve for those willing to share their personal gyms. Obviously location could be shared after an agreement is made and general vicinity established. I know I was okay w a two week break but now this looks like it could on for sometime.

Just thinking out loud here.... I'm in Olympia, Washington (think Tacoma/Seattle area) and would love to find someone willing to allow me to train.

Would be a great idea' id support it, a great business opportunity. Just be careful of the government and who you let in and Any neighbors who may see.

You may get neighbors ratting you out for gatherings of 5, or extra cars being around. I have heard of a few private places like that, so It`s possible to happen for you.

There are def some liability concerns.

I'm talking about more the guys that are willing to open up their personal gyms to a couple guys here and there that are local to them. Damn, I'm just looking for a place to train. And I'd be more than happy to throw a few dollars their way to allow me to do just that.

As far as a business model or opportunity... I'm just talking short term, local guys getting together.

Why not do it by appointment? Say set up a service, $5 per work out, pictures of gym set up posted. You choose your location and time based on the owners availability. Each user/each owner sanitizes after each work out.

No more than groupes of two.
Owners rate users: did the rerack or drop weights? Cleaned up? Respectful of owners things?
Users rate owners: clean? Pics match gym? Availability? Etc.

I’m scratching my head how a gym is not considered “essential“ and why couldn’t they work it out so x amount can be in there at a time. Lots of people depend on exercise, massage, yoga, swim, etc. for health and well being. Home Depot and pot shops are allowed to be open. The fucking donut shops open but the parks a no no. Mmmmkay.

You're gonna let some strangers into you place to sweat all over your equipment for a measly 5 bucks?

Exactly. I don't have a home gym but if I had a decent one I would be quite protective over it especially if I had pin loaded machines/racks. I am all for helping someone out but I wouldn't be offering it to random strangers through the day.

Why not do it by appointment? Say set up a service, $5 per work out, pictures of gym set up posted. You choose your location and time based on the owners availability. Each user/each owner sanitizes after each work out.

No more than groupes of two.
Owners rate users: did the rerack or drop weights? Cleaned up? Respectful of owners things?
Users rate owners: clean? Pics match gym? Availability? Etc.
Owners: Did users bring me Tren?

would love to see this thread continue productively

Purchasing “The Wheel of Pain” from the Conan movie. I’m charging 20.00 per hour per spot and complying with all C19 regulations. Each “pusher” will be approx 7’3” away from others and given a sanitized Barbarian mask of their choice. Sign up at **broken link removed**

Anyone willing to open up their personal home gyms to guys local to them..? I know I'd be willing to pay if you have a nice set up. Obviously a separate entrance as none of us want to chance bringing a virus into someone's home but, if you have a garage gym or basement dungeon w separate access maybe it would be doable.

I get what you’re saying. I hate being out of the gym too, but the more people just accept the fact that they can’t carry on as they normally do, and stop trying to find ways to do so, the faster we can actually get back to normal. This scenario still has people going out when they don’t have to and still risking spreading germs even if they clean the equipment after. I have a solid home gym I built at my parents house when I lived there. I refuse to go there and potentially risk infecting them.

I’m scratching my head how a gym is not considered “essential“ and why couldn’t they work it out so x amount can be in there at a time. Lots of people depend on exercise, massage, yoga, swim, etc. for health and well being. Home Depot and pot shops are allowed to be open. The fucking donut shops open but the parks a no no. Mmmmkay.

I think all fast food places should be closed as well. As for the gym; you are absolutely correct in that people may need it for overall well-being, but it is still not a necessity.

Water is a necessity; you don’t drink it, you die.
Food is a necessity; you don’t eat, you die.
You never set foot in a gym in your life and you can still potentially live to be 100 years old.

I get what you’re saying. I hate being out of the gym too, but the more people just accept the fact that they can’t carry on as they normally do, and stop trying to find ways to do so, the faster we can actually get back to normal. This scenario still has people going out when they don’t have to and still risking spreading germs even if they clean the equipment after. I have a solid home gym I built at my parents house when I lived there. I refuse to go there and potentially risk infecting them.

I think all fast food places should be closed as well. As for the gym; you are absolutely correct in that people may need it for overall well-being, but it is still not a necessity.

Water is a necessity; you don’t drink it, you die.
Food is a necessity; you don’t eat, you die.
You never set foot in a gym in your life and you can still potentially live to be 100 years old.
No disagreement just pointing out how arbitrary the essential/non essential business closures are. No one is talking about necessities. Yet.

Exactly. I don't have a home gym but if I had a decent one I would be quite protective over it especially if I had pin loaded machines/racks. I am all for helping someone out but I wouldn't be offering it to random strangers through the day.

I get both sides but that's a little ridiculous to me but understand the random stranger thing. I moved recently and sold what was considered in my neighborhood a pretty bad ass set up in my basement (hindsight kicking myself for not just moving it across country). Titan rack, 2 rogue bars (bought off CL), a deadlift platform, over 2k worth of free wgt, adjustable dbells, a chalk bowl that an old retired welder made for me since I let him come in and bang away, ghd, etc... I'll see if I can find any old pics on my previous phone. Point being, it was legit and I lived in let's say a less than desirable area. Every Sat I through open the basement door out back and everyone was invited to come and get it in. We had a pretty damn good group that grew close. No charge or anything like that, just iron bros being meatheads. I could care less whether equipment got banged up, that's what it's for. And most of us arent disrespectful dickheads. No one purposely ever damaged anything.

I get what ppl are saying about letting this whole thing pass and then resume. I know though, if I was on the other side of this and still had my equipment I'd def let.others take advantage. For a lot of us, it's our sanctuary. Keeps us sane.

Anyway, it was just an idea. If anyone near Olympia is down to let me train, thatd be awesome. On the flip side, I get not bringing strangers or a possible virus into one's home. Fully and completely. But, if this shit drags on.... it's a novel idea 😉

In NJ where I live Dry Cleaners are open and considered 'essential'. Anyone have any thoughts on how the fuck dry cleaners are essential for life?!

lol a gym isnt essential but burger king is

My neighbor had Covid. He suffered through hell. On day 12 he was prepared to die and wrote goodbye notes to his 3 children. He is 40, works out regularly and has no contributing health issues. He was one of the unlucky ones who got hit hard but was lucky to survive after 17 days in quarantine. If we keep fucking around and looking for loopholes around the "stay at home" order this could be you. Are you ready to write a goodbye note to your kids because some jackholes were able to sneak into a gym for a quick bicep workout? We need to take this thing seriously and stop it dead in its tracks. I feel like we are slowly and painfully peeling off a band aid rather than sucking it up and ripping it off. YES, lets suffer right now. No gym. No restaurants. No socializing. It will be painful, but short. Because if we keep going on our current route, the no gym, no restaurants, no socializing thing is still going to happen, but many people will die along the way and all we are doing is prolonging the inevitable.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws