over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Shoes??

For the guys thinking about the Nike romaleos, I squatted with them for about a year and half but didn't really like them because they actually had too high of heel for my liking. It felt like it distributed the weight too far forward.

If you're looking for an Olympic shoe I'd recommend something with less of a heel. Adidas makes an Olympic lifting shoe that is half the price of romaleos with a smaller heel.

Ok not sure why people are recommended shoes designed for running also while that Nike shoe is supposed to be for weight lifting that heel is ridiculous

You want a flat sole and a stiff shoe. The classes Adidis samba indoor soccer show is perfect. in Hemp it is much stiffer. I purchased 3 pairs and stuck them in my closet they are so good.

Attachments

• 201228827209_1.jpg
    201228827209_1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,147
For the guys thinking about the Nike romaleos, I squatted with them for about a year and half but didn't really like them because they actually had too high of heel for my liking. It felt like it distributed the weight too far forward.

If you're looking for an Olympic shoe I'd recommend something with less of a heel. Adidas makes an Olympic lifting shoe that is half the price of romaleos with a smaller heel.

It isn't the heel height of the Romaleo IMO it is just the way the shoe is constructed(more on this below). I squatted with them for a while, but felt much like you, for my style, they would throw me forward. They were also big, clunky, and didn't breathe for shit.

The Adidas you are referring to are the Powerlift and powerlift 2.0. They have a .6" heel as compared to the Romaleos .75" heel. One thing to consider is they are a narrow shoe. If you have really wide feet they might be uncomfortable. I personally like the narrow fit of Adidas, and like my foot feeling tight in the shoe.

I had these before I went with the Romaleos. Really, really good shoe for the money.

Currently I am using the Adidas Adipower's which is also a .75" heel. None of the problems I encountered with the Nike. They are much more balanced. They also are much more breathable, lighter, and narrower. I love these shoes.

Ok not sure why people are recommended shoes designed for running also while that Nike shoe is supposed to be for weight lifting that heel is ridiculous

You want a flat sole and a stiff shoe. The classes Adidis samba indoor soccer show is perfect. in Hemp it is much stiffer. I purchased 3 pairs and stuck them in my closet they are so good.
Olympic shoes are good for certain lifts. And it is nice to have a specialty shoe that does certain things really well.

They are good obviously for Olympic lifts, but also for squatting, overhead pressing(standing) and are actually nice for benching as well. But I agree they aren't something you really want to deadlift in, or walk around much in. I bring mine in my gym bag, squat in them, and put them back in my bag.

The heel is great for people with poor ankle mobility.

I do agree most people would be better off with a shoe like the Samba, vs all these running type shoes. I wear Adidas Superstar 2.0's for everything but squatting. They are pretty similar to the Samba's. Both great shoes.
**broken link removed**

One other shoe worth mentioning is the Reebok PL shoe(Crossfit lite TR) They come in a hightop, or lowtop, and are kind of like a better, redesigned Chuck. Great shoe, minimal sole thickness, high top offers great support, bottoms are super grippy, etc. Good for people with a wide foot.

They aren't the prettiest shoe, but they are very functional, and great to lift in.

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with you 100%. I wish I would've went with the powerlifts first over romaleos to be honest. But that's interesting to see that you're using the adipowers which have the same height heel as romaleos but with no trouble. Goes to show that it must not be the heel after all.

Yep, I agree with you 100%. I wish I would've went with the powerlifts first over romaleos to be honest. But that's interesting to see that you're using the adipowers which have the same height heel as romaleos but with no trouble. Goes to show that it must not be the heel after all.

The Powerlift's were a great shoe for the money. My buddy was selling the Romaleos and my other friend wanted a pair of Oly shoes and didn't have much money so I sold him my mint Powerlifts for $20 to help him out. What a mistake..LOL

I can say with a high degree of certainty it isn't so much the height as it is the way the Nike is made(I am not sure if it is the slope, or what).

My friend who I got the Romaleos from went to the Pendlay Do-Win's which also have a .75" heel and has NO issues, and he also could not get used to the Nike's(kept falling forward on squats).

The Pendlay Do-Win is another good option at a competitive price point. But I think the Powerlift are hard to beat for an introduction to a heeled shoe. I used those for a good 1.5 years and competed in them many time. They held up great, and looked like new when I sold them.

I would like to try the Nike romaleo 2

Lifting shoes for the gym.View attachment 74920

Got a pair for Christmas. Worth every penny. Best lifting investment since I started gear.

I only use them on leg day and sometimes i dead in them to activate more quad drive with the forward lean. Besides that i use what Pitbull said, A sics wrestling shoes from dicks. Last 2-3 years easily.

rAJJIN,

Those shoes look like high heels. LMAO! The heels are so damn high. If you try those, let me know.

Speaking of the barefoot shoes that look like gloves, my brother runs marathons and supermarathons. He runs in those. He dumped running shoes with high heels from all the padding on a recommendation from another runner. He said it took a while to get used to, as he said "my feet and ankles had to strengthen up" but he said all his knee, ankle, and back pain are gone. He changed his gait too. Forget what he said about that. But he said the finger shoes are more comfortable than regular sneakers once you get used to it.

I'll try a neutral sneaker when my current pair wears out. He said that would be a good stepping stone to the finger shoes. I do a lot of walking around here in the summer so maybe I'll get a pair for summer, try them out.

There's nothing wrong with looking taller. Having a little bit of a heel on a pair of tennis shoes makes the calves look more muscular! :D

ATM i like 2 different things depending on the type of workout/exercise

Boxing Shoes
If im squatting/sumo deadlifting/lunging, anything that involves foot movement under teh load of the exercise, currently the cheapest I could find (got the idea off seeing Dan Green wearing then, had always previously worn Chuck Taylors)

Flip Flops
love them for non weat loaded exercises through the legs and for exercises such as deadlifts (other than sumo Deads) i like being completely Barefoot

Last edited:
LK3,

I agree, when you find something like shoes (that get discontinued often) that you love, buy a shit load so you're set.

dude, I cant even find a picture of the adidas ones I like!
I got them onsale at the outlet for like 35 bucks! I didn't even try them on, was a last minute impulse buy, turns out they were the best thing I bought that day! and I bought 3 other pairs! lol

the other thing that really pisses me off, under armor spandex! the only ones I like were available for like 3 months and have not been available since! you cant even find them online, like the never existed!

the platinum version! I bought every one I could find, I was fighting with the guy in the store over them, he worked there and kept buying every pair they got it! lol!

NB minimus Zero (limited Harley Pasternak edition, lol) when doing legs/calves or want more flexibility. Otherwise, I just picked up some Air Max 2015.

SO FRASSH!!!

mx00hp_nb_14_i

**broken link removed**

these are examples of shoes with poor foot placement. you are not stepping in any kind of natural way.

I also went out an purchased a fancy Reebok cross fit shoe designed for weightlifting for 120$. If you notice it is a flat sole similar to the adidas Samba. They have reinforced the adidas cross fit to make it a firmer shoe.

However it is still not half as stiff or as strong of a shoe as the Adidids SAMBA HEMP version which cost 40$

The HEMP is a much stronger material and holds its shape better it is a much STIFFER Shoe than the fancy reebok cross fit shoe. If you notice the straps on olympic powerlifting shoes that is to keep the shoe firm and tight on the foot so there is no play for the foot

The Adidias samba hemp does that better than the fancy reebok cross fit

And yes a running tennis shoe that everyone keeps recommending is the worst thing you can wear to lift they are designed to roll forward off the toe you wan't your feet firmly planted FLAT with no wiggle room to the left or the right in a loose shoe you don't want to be leaning forward or have a soft cushion air pocket that changes shape and moves under weight tennis and running shoes literally roll left and right over there cushioning sole

Make sure your shoe fits firmly and snuggly with no wiggle room no cushioning sole and no lean forward flat and firm

And lastly if your lifting in shoes that show your individual toes kill yourself now

Attachments

• show.jpg
    show.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
When I first started lifting I trained Olympic style and we wore shoes with a wooden heel... Now I wear Chucks when I train legs and just my regular kicks for everything else..

these are examples of shoes with poor foot placement. you are not stepping in any kind of natural way.

As to the air max, I agree 100%. Purely aesthetic, big chunks of rubber. I don't use these for legs or deads or anything where your base and foot position matters much. I disagree as to the minimus 00 trainer and the minimus Zero v2 (which I also use). Great design and a great bare foot feel especially on the Zero v2.

For me, oly shoes help with proper position due to mobility issues with ankle and hips and are much more stable than other shoes, I use them for all squating and cleans, I have used wrestling shoes for everything else gym related for 20+ years, I love my Reebok oly shoes and my Asics split second (wide) wrestling shoes

As to the air max, I agree 100%. Purely aesthetic, big chunks of rubber. I don't use these for legs or deads or anything where your base and foot position matters much. I disagree as to the minimus 00 trainer and the minimus Zero v2 (which I also use). Great design and a great bare foot feel especially on the Zero v2.

idk, maybe once you put them on they flatten out, its the curled up tip that has me worried.

the guy that mentioned the air pockets and extra cushion is on point too, you do not want squishy stuff when lifting.

I got some new jordans that have surprisingly good foot placement and feel, I didn't get them for the gym and couldn't try them first but am very happy with them. they are still too big on the bottom for gym ( leg stuff ) but I like to be firmly planted no matter what...

Jordan Super.Fly II PO - Men's - Basketball - Shoes - Black/White/White

to replace my black adidas that I cant find! :mad:

My suggestion is, stop squatting in heavily cushioned shoes! All these running shoes and cross trainers are WAY too soft, your heels will sink down and the whole foot will become unstable with only moderate weight.

I recently got these, love them, they are narrow though.

**broken link removed**

I also went out an purchased a fancy Reebok cross fit shoe designed for weightlifting for 120$. If you notice it is a flat sole similar to the adidas Samba. They have reinforced the adidas cross fit to make it a firmer shoe.
Those aren't the shoes I'm referring to fwiw. Those are a cross training(actual crossfit) shoe. I'm talking about an actual powerlifting shoe designed by Mark Bell. They're pretty nice.

Last edited:

I like these too.

I have a couple pair of adidas indoor soccer shoes. They are flat soled and have arch support. I have the Spezial and the sambas.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws