over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Stories About Pros from the 80's & 90's

AAU Mr Massachusetts...my friend wins his class and overall....guest poser is Jeff King....he comes out at 287lbs or something like that and looks like a freaking Sherman Tank...Legs were freaks of nature.....crowd seriously was like WTF. Definitely one of the more impressive bbers Ive seen...especially legs which looked like they would detach at the tendons around his knee they were so thick when he flexed....crazy.

Boston contest...Golds Gym Classic I believe. Held in a big theatre/opera house. Local guys and Derick Farnsworth competing.....place is packed.....Haney guest poser and they announce he is at his all time largest (and he was) I want to say they announced him at 277 or 283 but it was up there....because it was near the year he came in at his largest at Olympia. They announce him and curtain opens with red light.....nothing is there....everyone staring and wondering what is going on. Blue light goes on and about 60 feet in the air in one of the opera boxes on the side of the stage standing high is Haney in the crucifix pose and then Sergio pose.....crowd goes freaking ballistic. The guy was a sight to see back in the day

Dante here's the guest posing your talking about I think...

https://youtu.be/OLoRoDF-gWA

Haney came in with a guy and a camera... anyway one of the members asked Haney in front of everyone " hey are ya more worried about rich this year "?.. Haney, always a classy guy says " well if he comes in bigger he gets blocky.. if he comes in smaller he isnt big enough. So no". . At that point the guy then says " well if rich heard ya talking that way Hed be mad " .. to which lee said " well he cant be mad at me be mad at his parents. . They did that to him ".... I heard that and lost it 😝

I love hearing about stuff like this.

I still like to go back to those old threads in 05 - 06 sometimes to reminisce and remember old friends who have moved on and some who passed on. I love that this board allows us to go back in time like that.

I haven't been a member here that long, but I constantly go into the archives and read golden posts. Even though IntenseMuscle was the official place to get info on DC Training, a lot of Dante's best posts are on this board. I've probably read this one over ten times. It's one of my favourites.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/105357-post9.html

Dante here's the guest posing your talking about I think...

https://youtu.be/OLoRoDF-gWA

I think that one was in Michigan. The one i saw was in Boston and he was smoother than the Michigan one because i think the Michigan one was closer to his show.....he was really really big in Boston...i have some pics somewhere but they werent very good...Ill try to dig them up

what was the physical altercation between Craig Titus and Melvin Anthony in Gold's Venice about? If i recall i remember hearing that it had to do with Craig making a pass at Melvin's gf/wife at the time. Does anyone recall?

what was the physical altercation between Craig Titus and Melvin Anthony in Gold's Venice about? If i recall i remember hearing that it had to do with Craig making a pass at Melvin's gf/wife at the time. Does anyone recall?

That's essentially what it was about..

Melvin Anthony seems like such a nice guy too. Craig Titus seemed to rub a lot of people that wrong way!

I'd like to hear some stories about

Chris Cormier: the extent of his partying

King Kamali: like Titus, got in everyone's face it seems. And I know they didn't like each other.

Sonny Schmidt: I have an old FLEX where someone recounts a story of someone in the gym irritating Sonny to the point that Sonny threw a 25 lb plate like a Frisbee at his head. Everyone in the gym turned in shock and Sonny carried on with his workout like nothing happened. Apparently he was a low-key kind of guy.

Bob Paris and Rod Jackson

Back in 1989 Bob Paris came to our college to speak about being gay and how it affected him in bodybuilding. Back then it was a huge thing. He traveled with his boyfriend Rod Jackson. It was a good talk that he gave, and opened my eyes some to that lifestyle. Back then about 70% of the US saw being gay as a sin. He was the first pro that I ever saw in person. I always admired his build, simply incredible. At the time I was shocked to hear he was gay, I had no idea. Later learned that the singer of my most favorite band was gay, Judas Priest. Guys like this that are masculine broke the mold of what I lot of us thought gay people were like, the stereotypes.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkKK6hEVhc"]The Professional Athlete Who Came Out as a Gay Man—in 1989 | Where Are They Now | OWN - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws