over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Stories About Pros from the 80's & 90's

This is pretty funny! [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xj7VCxe0yo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xj7VCxe0yo[/ame]

WHOA!!! JEFF KING! I trained at the same 800 sq ft dungeon craphole gym as him in the late 80's in central N.J. HE DID HAVE SOME CRAZY LEGS!! pretty cool guy too..

Yeah I trained with jeff once ... He used to live in St. Louis... He would train at turners and champions sometimes... I used to do wide dips as my primary chest exercise.. I was in my late teens... He came over and asked to work in... nice guy... Talked alot to him... He was very heavy at that time... Not too fat but soft.. Still massive..

was he strong? did he train hard? a lot of people thought he could've given Haney a run for his money in the ifbb early on in Haney's reign but he never made the jump from NABBA. he looked incredible (really peeled) in his big NABBA victories.

Yeah. SPOLIER ALRET! It is a bit like when you grow up and realize that Santa Claus isn't real.

I was like you and tried everything I could get my hands on. I am a bit glad that I didn't grow up in today's world where it is so easy for anyone to get their hands on steroids, I probably would have had my heart attack at age 24 rather than 38 and be dead by now.

I think I figured out it was all crap by the time I was about 19 years old, had been at it about 4 years by then. I figured that if it produced any good results it probably was controlled by the government and allowed only under doctor prescription. Decades later though all of those prohormones came out that skirted around the law, but by then I was already using the real deal so never messed with them. Kind of ironic.

Amen! I'm i started BB in my teens(mid-late 90's) and was very naive of all that stuff. I was like "well everybody says that steroids fuck you up and can kill you...look at Alzado"

I thought not just bodybuilders but my WWF heroes wouldn't do roids or rec drugs. I knew they drank because hey...everybody drinks right???

And yes I'd say 90 to 99% of dudes 30 and under take gear off the bat.

was he strong? did he train hard? a lot of people thought he could've given Haney a run for his money in the ifbb early on in Haney's reign but he never made the jump from NABBA. he looked incredible (really peeled) in his big NABBA victories.

Yeah.. pretty strong guy.. very good form.. slow and controlled.. nice guy.. crazy legs !!

Yeah.. pretty strong guy.. very good form.. slow and controlled.. nice guy.. crazy legs !!

Lats, was jeff's neck as huge in person as it is in a lot of these pictures?

I have an old Muscular Development where Gregg talks about Andy Lopedote in his column. Andy was a genetic mutant like Casey Viator with crazy muscle under the age of 20. He came runner up to Lee Haney in the '79 Teen Mr. America. Steve Michalik trained him and allegedly stuffed him full of pancakes and ice cream the day before or the day of the show to fill out.

It's a pretty good story and I thought it was cool Michalik used those foods for his carb up. You hear of it today with Skiploading and such, but this was 40 years ago.

There was a conflict over money from what I can recall... Craig always owed money lol... Licker loaned craig money... Craig kept avoiding licker.. Licker finally cornered him at golds and asked about the money... Craig's usual answer to things like this was violence so he punch licker... People stepped in to break it up.. I don't know if he ever got his money but knowing Craig I doubt it..

C i am pretty sure this was Arne List. Craig tore his pec....he was desperate and needed surgery to reattach it...and asked people to borrow money. Arne List finally lent him the money and I believe it was 5800 at the time. When it was time to start paying back the money...Titus kept ghosting List.....this went on for months and months....until List tracked him down in the gym and asked him for his money....in which Craig coldclocked him.

WHOA!!! JEFF KING! I trained at the same 800 sq ft dungeon craphole gym as him in the late 80's in central N.J. HE DID HAVE SOME CRAZY LEGS!! pretty cool guy too..

AAU Mr Massachusetts...my friend wins his class and overall....guest poser is Jeff King....he comes out at 287lbs or something like that and looks like a freaking Sherman Tank...Legs were freaks of nature.....crowd seriously was like WTF. Definitely one of the more impressive bbers Ive seen...especially legs which looked like they would detach at the tendons around his knee they were so thick when he flexed....crazy.

Boston contest...Golds Gym Classic I believe. Held in a big theatre/opera house. Local guys and Derick Farnsworth competing.....place is packed.....Haney guest poser and they announce he is at his all time largest (and he was) I want to say they announced him at 277 or 283 but it was up there....because it was near the year he came in at his largest at Olympia. They announce him and curtain opens with red light.....nothing is there....everyone staring and wondering what is going on. Blue light goes on and about 60 feet in the air in one of the opera boxes on the side of the stage standing high is Haney in the crucifix pose and then Sergio pose.....crowd goes freaking ballistic. The guy was a sight to see back in the day

Attachments

• haney5.jpg
    haney5.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 211
C i am pretty sure this was Arne List. Craig tore his pec....he was desperate and needed surgery to reattach it...and asked people to borrow money. Arne List finally lent him the money and I believe it was 5800 at the time. When it was time to start paying back the money...Titus kept ghosting List.....this went on for months and months....until List tracked him down in the gym and asked him for his money....in which Craig coldclocked him.
They can make a movie about Craig Titus...the steroids, the hookers, the rec drugs, the fights, the scams, the relationships and the murder...

just saying

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They can make a movie about Craig Titus...the steroids, the hookers, the rec drugs, the fights, the scams, the relationships and the murder...

just saying

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He and Phil Hernon had some bad feelings between them didn't they?

I want to say they announced him at 277 or 283 but it was up there....because it was near the year he came in at his largest at Olympia.

I would like to see that. Every picture of Haney out there he is either contest or near stage ready. It was part of his philosophy to stay close to contest weight in the off-season so he wouldn't have to kill himself during prep.

Is there any truth to him making such an aggressive jump in mass for '91 solely because he heard of that hungry, young bloke across the pond?

Pretty sure Phil is who Titus tossed the towel at that time isn’t he? I know he loved to talk about how much he HATED Titus I bet those threads are findable he told a lot of behind the curtain stories.

When Titus got busted I came here strictly to read what Phil was going to say about it lol

Last edited:

It also didn’t help when Vander would start thread after thread about Titus just to try and piss off Phil.
I still like to go back to those old threads in 05 - 06 sometimes to reminisce and remember old friends who have moved on and some who passed on. I love that this board allows us to go back in time like that.

good interview

Come on now....we all know Franco Santoriello got big and ripped by using Cybergenics.....:rolleyes:

He talks about that ‘fiasco’ and a lot more below. Good interview.

https://bodybuildinglegendsshow.com/the_podcast_test/season-7-episode-10-franco-santoriello/

And a free plug for John Hansen and all the greats from the
‘golden area’ he has interviewed. Probably unlikely that many
will listen to these interviews because they are audio only
and no video but seriously, if you want to know how it was
back in the day, listen to his interviews.

I have listened to them all on my iPod (podcasts) when I am
doing cardio. Makes the time fly.

He talks about that ‘fiasco’ and a lot more below. Good interview.

https://bodybuildinglegendsshow.com/the_podcast_test/season-7-episode-10-franco-santoriello/

And a free plug for John Hansen and all the greats from the
‘golden area’ he has interviewed. Probably unlikely that many
will listen to these interviews because they are audio only
and no video but seriously, if you want to know how it was
back in the day, listen to his interviews.

I have listened to them all on my iPod (podcasts) when I am
doing cardio. Makes the time fly.

Pretty sure that John Parillo used to train Franco. Looks like he had a drug problem later on and did some jail time. He is now a minister. He looks happy now.

ABOUT OUR MINISTRY - FRANCO SANTORIELLO Good video on his page you can watch.

Last edited:
I have an old Muscular Development where Gregg talks about Andy Lopedote in his column. Andy was a genetic mutant like Casey Viator with crazy muscle under the age of 20. He came runner up to Lee Haney in the '79 Teen Mr. America. Steve Michalik trained him and allegedly stuffed him full of pancakes and ice cream the day before or the day of the show to fill out.

It's a pretty good story and I thought it was cool Michalik used those foods for his carb up. You hear of it today with Skiploading and such, but this was 40 years ago.

I never heard about Andy Lopedote so I did a search and found this picture of him at 17 years old, impressive :eek:

Andy-Lopedote.jpg

AAU Mr Massachusetts...my friend wins his class and overall....guest poser is Jeff King....he comes out at 287lbs or something like that and looks like a freaking Sherman Tank...Legs were freaks of nature.....crowd seriously was like WTF. Definitely one of the more impressive bbers Ive seen...especially legs which looked like they would detach at the tendons around his knee they were so thick when he flexed....crazy.

Boston contest...Golds Gym Classic I believe. Held in a big theatre/opera house. Local guys and Derick Farnsworth competing.....place is packed.....Haney guest poser and they announce he is at his all time largest (and he was) I want to say they announced him at 277 or 283 but it was up there....because it was near the year he came in at his largest at Olympia. They announce him and curtain opens with red light.....nothing is there....everyone staring and wondering what is going on. Blue light goes on and about 60 feet in the air in one of the opera boxes on the side of the stage standing high is Haney in the crucifix pose and then Sergio pose.....crowd goes freaking ballistic. The guy was a sight to see back in the day

that is so sick!!!

It also didn’t help when Vander would start thread after thread about Titus just to try and piss off Phil.
I still like to go back to those old threads in 05 - 06 sometimes to reminisce and remember old friends who have moved on and some who passed on. I love that this board allows us to go back in time like that.

ah, forgot about vander. i think i remember he popped back in here a few years ago with a new username just to say hi or something. i think he's a tennis instructor down in arizona these days..

You are correct... it was List.. and it was over a pec surgery... another funny was we had headed to Worlds and were training... Haney came in with a guy and a camera... anyway one of the members asked Haney in front of everyone " hey are ya more worried about rich this year "?.. Haney, always a classy guy says " well if he comes in bigger he gets blocky.. if he comes in smaller he isnt big enough. So no". . At that point the guy then says " well if rich heard ya talking that way
Hed be mad " .. to which lee said " well he cant be mad at me be mad at his parents. . They did that to him ".... I heard that and lost it 😝

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws