over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym using security footage for un-racked weights

Nah They are trying to make it a better experience for everybody.. I’d just explain it was an emergency and apologize. I personally don’t care if I have to unracknaome weights.. After training for over twenty years I would have to be doing something wrong if it was hard for me to move some 45lbs plates. Lol. I always put them back though. What if the next person to use the it is a 100lbs female. She is not going to want to move 20 45s off the leg press some guy left while doing quarter reps. Lol

Pretty much to a man every hard core big guy i know has re-racked all their weights. When i managed a gym and saw a person walk away without racking his weights i would politely ask him to go do it and remind them that was in the rules he signed with his membership. The second time i would tell them i would suspend them for a month if i had to ask them again. Never had the problem to much with the women, they seemed to have the strength and courtesy to do it.

Its a societal issue ? Early on in childhood development we learn basic skills . Now with political agendas we are more divided and I suspect it will only get worse . Lead by example and hope its contagious .

I guess i
That's not Ronnie, that's how Metroflex operates so you know what you're getting into from the start. Not sure where you train these days but it must not be like the commercial gyms where I'm at. Again, not talking about a few weights out of place but a total disregard for the gym. Like Norwegian Muscle said, many members complain but the staff at these corporate gym can't be bothered and keeping the gym in order isn't enforced.
I get it.

In retrospect, to be specific, and I was not specific enough, I took this thread in a slightly different direction. Apologies.

My point was that there is a double standard when it comes to putting weights away. Let us forget the surveillance part which is creepy which was the gist of the thread along with putting weights away.

Now . . . My rant 😉

Just for instance, if he is bigger and stronger than you and perhaps even famous, in a gym his behavior gets a bye, nobody says a word, he is their hero, someone they aspire to be. Just the way it is in my opinion. And if he is smaller and weaker than you and obviously has no clue about gym etiquette, still no excuse but they are the first to be singled out instead of getting a talking’ to. Then you have the ‘wannabes’ in the middle who are the noise makers, the photographers, the so called tough guys who think they are the ‘shot’ but leave weights on the floor and on machines, are attention seekers and they are the worst in my opinion because they know better but think that they are special, appear to be intimating and the rules don’t apply to them.

Just my opinion.

Yes, I have seen more pros train than I can remember and all had near perfect gym etiquette. I remember being in Joe Gold’s Gym in Venice Beach just after it opened, and he threw a guy out, no questions asked, no excuses, he was gone. Of course you could do not that now, our litigious society such as it is.

I could not agree more, people should have the common curtesy to but anything they use away . . . from foam rollers to weights. Some do some don’t. That is life. Not everybody is perfect and they will continue to be that way unless there are consequences associated with their behavior.

Oh how I miss working out In my garage gym. Those were the days.

Reactions: Bio
Very passionate subject I see....who said people that lift don't care about serious issues

I guess i

I get it.

In retrospect, to be specific, and I was not specific enough, I took this thread in a slightly different direction. Apologies.

My point was that there is a double standard when it comes to putting weights away. Let us forget the surveillance part which is creepy which was the gist of the thread along with putting weights away.

Now . . . My rant 😉

Just for instance, if he is bigger and stronger than you and perhaps even famous, in a gym his behavior gets a bye, nobody says a word, he is their hero, someone they aspire to be. Just the way it is in my opinion. And if he is smaller and weaker than you and obviously has no clue about gym etiquette, still no excuse but they are the first to be singled out instead of getting a talking’ to. Then you have the ‘wannabes’ in the middle who are the noise makers, the photographers, the so called tough guys who think they are the ‘shot’ but leave weights on the floor and on machines, are attention seekers and they are the worst in my opinion because they know better but think that they are special, appear to be intimating and the rules don’t apply to them.

Just my opinion.

Yes, I have seen more pros train than I can remember and all had near perfect gym etiquette. I remember being in Joe Gold’s Gym in Venice Beach just after it opened, and he threw a guy out, no questions asked, no excuses, he was gone. Of course you could do not that now, our litigious society such as it is.

I could not agree more, people should have the common curtesy to but anything they use away . . . from foam rollers to weights. Some do some don’t. That is life. Not everybody is perfect and they will continue to be that way unless there are consequences associated with their behavior.

Oh how I miss working out In my garage gym. Those were the days.
You have a point. The big brother watching us is what's wrong with society. Then the fact that the gym owners buddies and clients (training or other items) or the girl he's trying to score with will get a pass where Joe who just comes to lift and doesn't butter up to the staff won't cuz he's not "friendly". Another issue, you "fine" or call out some nut job with nothing to loose you get a confirmation, a fight, or hell these days you got some whacko planning to shoot you or the gym. It's happened to bouncers for kicking people out of a club. Just seems like the benefits aren't worth the hassle. People would be more receptive to just Manning up and asking them to put platres back/signs then recording them, showing them a video, or charging their credit card as a "fine".

NO ONE should get a pass. Bill Kazmeier, Dorian Yates, Arnold, Pocket Hercules; if you put weight on a bar or a machine or use dumbbells and leave the weights where you brought them and then walk away, you're an asshole. It's just that simple. It shows you don't give a crap about the next person. It's a form disrespect, entitlement, and arrogance. Famous, not famous, big, small and everyone in between and I have seen plenty of big guys leave lots of weight on machines. I saw some dickhead put about eight or ten plates on each side of the Pit Shark Belt Squat a few years ago and just walked away after his last set. There was something special about his level asshole though. One plate is annoying in and of itself. No weight should be left behind but other than "fuck you" what else could be going through that guy's head after he walked away with that much weight sitting on the machine?

The first gym I ever had a membership at was a Gold's Gym and it was the late 90's. I was young but I don't ever recall seeing this kind of behavior. As I got older I started to be inside some of the more "globe" gyms. I noticed that where there were staff who specifically walked the floor and put weights and dumbbells away, people were more likely to leave their shit behind. Fast forward to now, some twenty years later and probably where I live now, you're in the minority if you rerack your weights. That is not an exaggeration either and it's been in every gym I've been to in my current area. Most of these folks just either give zero fucks or believe that the cost of their membership should mean that they don't have to rerack. Yes, very fucked up logic but people will find any excuse to avoid personal responsibility.

The gym I work out in is, I like to say, a social club with a gym attached. Despite signs saying no talking/ texting on your cell phone when on the gym floor, put your weights back and do not drop ‘our’ weights (I have a special place in my heart for these folks 😉) I have seen zero enforcement, meaning the signs have no teeth. Even seen staff and personal trainers walk right by such infractions and never say a word, ignorance is bliss I guess. I just don’t get it.

That is why I workout very early in the morning, nobody there, weights but away overnight. The staff is friendly, it is super clean but the so called personal trainers are worse than than worthless and are guilty of outright stupidity or criminal malpractice the way they train people. I would not let them fix my wheelbarrow. So, I am outta there before God gets the news.

I have worked out in so called ‘hardcore’ gym with the same environment only filled with not so nice people; liars, beggars and thieves. Machines not maintained, weights strewn all over, unclean, unkept, could not keep your valuables in your locker or car. Drug paraphernalia (PEDs) in the locker room (saw that at the original Golds in Venice Beach and was much ‘worse’ when they moved to Santa Monica).

Sorry Charlie, I’ll take the gym I work out in now despite all the negative things I have said. You just have to wrap your brain around it (where I am now) and come to terms with the fact that there will always be things you can’t change. The other choice is voting with your feet; i.e., find another gym.

Have I offended enough people yet?

I think it's a great idea. It's very respectful and proper gym etiquette to put the stuff back when you're done using it. It just helps everyone else out and we are all there to use the same equipment.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131