over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym using security footage for un-racked weights

Agreed unless you can prove injury or legit emergency

I dislike people not racking weighte but I dislike micromanagement much more. I'd never belong to a gym like that.

This. I see the concept, but the big brother shit is weak.

Can you request they also monitor people taking too long on equipment (checking their phone between sets), socializing getting in the way and causing them to be on the equipment too long? Doing curls in the squat rack?

People leaving a few 45's laying around or putting a 60 where the 50 goes is the least of any problems ive seen at the gym. Actually its not even in my top 10 complaints at the gym that hinder my training/routine. The classes at the gym they offer get in my way more than someone being lazy and leaving 225 on a bench press.

Id ask them these questions then find a new gym, definitely don't over pay for supplements to support them, im sure they do fine if they own a gym.

Bob Bonham used to do this at Strong & Shapely, one of the more famous gyms on the East Coast, except he'd on get the speaker system so the whole gym could hear, the music would stop, and you'd hear him say, "whoever was on the ______, repack your weights" and he'd keep doing it until the weights would be put back. I really wish gyms would enforce this where I live because these shits leave everything behind when they finish their sets. I can't think of too many acts that scream "I'm entitled" more than this bullshit and it's even big guys too who know better. I mean everyone knows better but especially guys who've been in and out of gyms for many years.

All legitimate points.
Not sure why it bothered me so much. I’m not special by any means but I guess I felt singled out for some reason.

It’s drives me crazy when others don’t re-rack and I’m no exception.
Hopefully it is being implemented on others who habitually leave weights around.

Doesn't bother me in the least. Never think about. I notice it but just
just it go. Negations emotions are not good for me. Just be kind
and understanding. People are doing the best they can with what they
got. I don't think it is the intention, i.e., I am going to leave this
racked just to piss the next person off. Maybe I have too much faith in
humanity. People are people. They are unique, just like you. What
a boring world it would be if everybody did everything I wanted.

Like some else here said . . . 'it is not the end of the world'. Keep things
in perspective; what impact does it really have on your life?

Enough touchy feely?

Hopefully it is being implemented on others who habitually leave weights around.

im sure it is.

though we are all the main characters in our own story, i doubt they are out to get you.

re-racking weights is the cardio portion of the workout

All legitimate points.
Not sure why it bothered me so much. I’m not special by any means but I guess I felt singled out for some reason.

It’s drives me crazy when others don’t re-rack and I’m no exception.
I’ve been corrected before and gotten pissed (Different situation). I realized that they were right and I was actually pissed at myself because I knew better. Take the correction and get back to doing the right thing.

I can’t tell you how much I wish my gym would do this. I think it’s lack of consideration, and your time isn’t more valuable than mine.

I’ve been going to a very well known gym in Maryland for most of my life.
The gym is very popular now and always packed
I buy a majority of my supplements from there aswell even though they are over priced just to support local business.

I had a call for emergency work while at the gym so I rushed to finish my workout and left 2 45lb plates on a machine in my rush

I got a text at 1am saying I’m receiving a warning for leaving weights on a machine. I thought ok that’s weird but ok.

So the next day I’m on the treadmill and one of the owners comes over and shows me a video on his phone of me leaving the plates on the machine.
He then says it’s not a big deal but do not do it again..

Not sure why but it really bothered me.

They went out of there way to track me down using the security camera footage and then approached me in person. I’ve seen many others leave weights and plates all over the gym and they are never warned or approached in person.

Would this piss you off ? Is this common now or are they just being picky?
Or am I just being a bitch about?
They need that at this place!

Doesn't bother me in the least. Never think about. I notice it but just
just it go. Negations emotions are not good for me. Just be kind
and understanding. People are doing the best they can with what they
got. I don't think it is the intention, i.e., I am going to leave this
racked just to piss the next person off. Maybe I have too much faith in
humanity. People are people. They are unique, just like you. What
a boring world it would be if everybody did everything I wanted.

Like some else here said . . . 'it is not the end of the world'. Keep things
in perspective; what impact does it really have on your life?

Enough touchy feely?
This ive never once been mad someone left some weights on a bar, it not really something to get angry over. To be honest im just happy the equipment I want is avaialbe because I do have anger problems when I can't get on equipment, (the real problem at my gym)... I want to get in the gym and get out. leave all the weight on there just get off it so I can get my sets in and go home.

I have had this in my gym for about 4 years. We used to chase down and warn. Now, it's immediate $5 charge on the account. It's made the entire management of the gym so easy. My manager checks cameras every Mon/Wed/Fri for false entry and leaving equipment out. $20 for bringing or letting someone in. $5 for leaving out items.
We get a complaint every once in a while but the policy is stated at sign up that, if someone has to pick up after you, you're getting charged.
These days, it may happen a few times a week. Back when we'd ask and warn, it was constant.

This ive never once been mad someone left some weights on a bar, it not really something to get angry over. To be honest im just happy the equipment I want is avaialbe because I do have anger problems when I can't get on equipment, (the real problem at my gym)... I want to get in the gym and get out. leave all the weight on there just get off it so I can get my sets in and go home.
Agreed. I appreciate Alfresco’s attitude and perspective, but I see it differently.
I don’t think people are intentionally screwing with people by leaving the weight on a bar or putting dumbbells back where they don’t belong. I think it’s simply more of a “I don’t care about the next guy.” If everyone left their stuff out, all gyms would be a mess, so it’s pretty selfish to think, “ It’s okay for me.”
Like leaving your grocery cart in the midd of the parking lot.

I get it.

I think some people our so proud of the weight they lifted that they leave it on as some sort of testament to their alpha status. This is most often done by a teenager or mid-life crisis dude on something like shrugs, leg press or hammer machine rows. These moves let people who actually aren't strong put on a bunch of plates.

These are the same people who go to the bar and brag about their sexual conquests to other dudes while being too chicken shit to talk to women.

So no, it not laziness. It is exhibitionism.

It’s a good way to make money and keep the lazy fucks out of the gym. I always have to pick up after my kids at the house don’t wanna come in and have to pick up after some goon.

I figure as a bigger guy at the gym using heavier weights or more plates I can lead by example and hopefully the younger members will catch on. I also don't have a problem asking people to put their weights back, either. It's in everyone's best interest to have a somewhat organized weight area.

This. I see the concept, but the big brother shit is weak.

Can you request they also monitor people taking too long on equipment (checking their phone between sets), socializing getting in the way and causing them to be on the equipment too long? Doing curls in the squat rack?

People leaving a few 45's laying around or putting a 60 where the 50 goes is the least of any problems ive seen at the gym. Actually its not even in my top 10 complaints at the gym that hinder my training/routine. The classes at the gym they offer get in my way more than someone being lazy and leaving 225 on a bench press.

Id ask them these questions then find a new gym, definitely don't over pay for supplements to support them, im sure they do fine if they own a gym.
Fucking A good points brother those squat rack squatters fuck my day up

I think the text is reasonable or the owner coming up to you and mentioning it. Both of them together plus him showing you the video is just dumb. However, on paper that adds to justification if they asked a member to leave and litigation were to occur.

I always put my weights away and even put others away if I feel like it but I understand a random occurrence happening to anyone. I would just clog the toilet really good on them and call it even.

I run a gym as of right now. Very large fitness center. I am so tired of people not racking there wieghts and I have to put them away. I am not your fkn MOTHER! As of now the owner updated our security system and is getting a camera for what we call the "free wieght building". It's a seperate building with all free weights. After that we are amending the contracts for fines for not racking weights and yes we will be using the camera footage. If you can't put it away then don't lift the damn thing! Go train in your basement and have your mom put your crap away.

I run a gym as of right now. Very large fitness center. I am so tired of people not racking there wieghts and I have to put them away. I am not your fkn MOTHER! As of now the owner updated our security system and is getting a camera for what we call the "free wieght building". It's a seperate building with all free weights. After that we are amending the contracts for fines for not racking weights and yes we will be using the camera footage. If you can't put it away then don't lift the damn thing! Go train in your basement and have your mom put your crap away.
I can see the frustration but you can just amend a contract on the fly? I think the first time you charge Someone's account your going to have a problem unless they sign a new contract and give you permission for charging their bank account.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131