over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gyms in Georgia

gooey

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
What gyms are recommended in the GA? Been training at a gym called main event in north atl. Hardcore, clean, with some heavy duty training equipment. what gyms do people recommend?
goo

hahaha

hey JBK sorry need to call you and update you, been here since last july, sorry, ill call you asap

Ah good ole Atlanta/Marietta. Where do you think my screen name came from? I was back there a few years ago for a seminar and its changed drastically. I use to also go to the old Coffee's but thats before they moved. Im not sure what its like now.

Mainevent was the best gym I found and I had tried several different ones. Plus all the strippers and hot chicks were there!:D

mainevent said:
Ah good ole Atlanta/Marietta. Where do you think my screen name came from? I was back there a few years ago for a seminar and its changed drastically. I use to also go to the old Coffee's but thats before they moved. Im not sure what its like now.

Mainevent was the best gym I found and I had tried several different ones. Plus all the strippers and hot chicks were there!:D

Coffee's used to be an awesome gym to train at. I used to train at Golds gym in kennesaw. Lots of good equipment. A few national level competitors are still training there.

Birdman said:
Coffee's used to be an awesome gym to train at. I used to train at Golds gym in kennesaw. Lots of good equipment. A few national level competitors are still training there.

That place was just opening up as I was leaving. I think I trained there once or twice. It just didn't feel right to me.....kinda quiet.

I went to H.S. in Marietta way back in the day, left the Atlanta area in my early twentys. I used to train at Coffees, Cagles, Docs, and the American fitness center. I also trained at a little hole in the wall gym in Roswell called Iron & Steel for a while.

norm1220 said:
I went to H.S. in Marietta way back in the day, left the Atlanta area in my early twentys. I used to train at Coffees, Cagles, Docs, and the American fitness center. I also trained at a little hole in the wall gym in Roswell called Iron & Steel for a while.

I forgot about Cagles, that was a pretty good place. Basic and pretty hardcore.

What about the Worlds Gym down the road from downtown Marietta? That place was huge, but I still preferred Mainevent.

Ropeman has a place in chamblee

Lee Haney still has his jungle.

Mainevent was the place back in the day. All the wrestlers, strippers etc. The magic Doctor was in the same shopping center in the second level to dispense you "therapy". Trained there last Friday for the first time in years. It is not close to the same. Coffee's attracted more Power Lifters.

I work out a a "athletic club" now. LOL. The new dumbells go up to 100. Wow. I got two of my old workout friends from MainEvent to join and they look at us like freaks. But is sure is damn easy to get equipment when we want it. Just look at it and it magically is available!

Gold's on Roswell Rd used to be a decent place 10 to 15 years back.

What's going on in GA Goo? You're in my old stomping grounds now! I'm only roughly three hours from there now up here in Knoxville.

Depends on what part of ATL you are in.

I'll be back in ATL for the Eastern Seaboard May 12th over in Duluth! Try and make it over to that show. If you aren't aware of the shows taken place there go visit, www.georgia-bodybuilding.com. Maybe we can catch up down the line!

You must be in Heaven with all that good southern food! You must be fat as a hog about now???:D

PM me if you want any specific info about locations down there.

hey champ

pumpputnam said:
What's going on in GA Goo? You're in my old stomping grounds now! I'm only roughly three hours from there now up here in Knoxville.

Depends on what part of ATL you are in.

I'll be back in ATL for the Eastern Seaboard May 12th over in Duluth! Try and make it over to that show. If you aren't aware of the shows taken place there go visit, www.georgia-bodybuilding.com. Maybe we can catch up down the line!

You must be in Heaven with all that good southern food! You must be fat as a hog about now???:D

PM me if you want any specific info about locations down there.

yea im trying to stay away from all of this fried food, but hey im from the midwest, gimme a steak, potato and milk anyday. Not into all this fried vegies hahahah. I just started kind of personal training there, I heard about the good ole days of wrestlers, strippers, nitro girls, and competitors. Missed that by a decade :( sux , never heard of coffee's gym. Just trying to find the hot spot here, and hook up with some fellow meathedz. Peter, I met another competitor here named david he knows u, nice guy, great shape too, just such a rinky dink hick town for me.
goo

gooey said:
yea im trying to stay away from all of this fried food, but hey im from the midwest, gimme a steak, potato and milk anyday. Not into all this fried vegies hahahah. I just started kind of personal training there, I heard about the good ole days of wrestlers, strippers, nitro girls, and competitors. Missed that by a decade :( sux , never heard of coffee's gym. Just trying to find the hot spot here, and hook up with some fellow meathedz. Peter, I met another competitor here named david he knows u, nice guy, great shape too, just such a rinky dink hick town for me.
goo

Where are you at Goo? What town? Rinky dink... not ATL.

Yeah... it use to be crazy. Thankfully, I was never around that madness! I think it 2004 there where more than a handful of guys dropping dead there who were into this lifestyle.

Are you talk about David Dorsey? He lives in Rome, GA. If it is, great guy, and nice physique. He competed in the heavies at the USA's last year. He also had a couple of covers last year. MuscleMag, Ironman, to name a few.

Toney Freeman has his own place down there I believe. There were some happening places off of Sandy Springs/Roswell Road. BodyPlex's are some really nice gyms too!

mainevent said:

No doubt Coffees was the place for hardcore training back in the day. I still remember the half dazed look of John Coffee. He was an interesting character, but seemed as if his brain was fried the way he meandered around. All of his memberships were on an honors system. Somehow he seemed to know who had paid and who hadn't, although I know some guys who would try to fool him as he would walk around and see if he could find anyone who hadn't paid up.

Main Event was a cool place to train too. It was owned by Sting and Lex Luger, thus all the wrestlers and hot chicks. Ahhh the good old days. I remember that as the time when Met-Rx and creatine had just hit the market.

Rock hard Fitness

Hey G check this dude out he's out of Tucker,I got a g/f that lives there and when I visit that area I train here,owner name is Curtis Winters,if you want the address pm me and I'll forward it to ya,the gym is clean but small its got everything you,ll need and the guy will work with you $ wise,he's old school and he's a nice individual.take care,its like 20min east of Atl.

jawbreakerkid said:
um, what happened to AZ?

he was eating me outta house and home...had to give him the boot.

ps congrats again to you and the mrs. and yes, i give u permission to use my name.

Gold's gym (Roswell Road)
Coffee's
Haney's (is it still there?)
Gold's Alpharetta used to be alright a while back, haven't been in years though.
Bodyplex's are good

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner