over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gyms in Manhattan

halflife

Registered
I'll be staying in the upper east side of Manhattan for the two weeks.

Any advice on gyms?

Thanks fellas!
Dave

I'll be staying in the upper east side of Manhattan for the two weeks.

Any advice on gyms?

Thanks fellas!
Dave

what are u looking for in a gym? how far ur willing to travel in the city? there are not many hardcore gyms in the city or good ones. a lot of them are trendy gyms the bulk of them are New york sports clubs which suck. I was a member there trust me.

let me know pm me if u want

not really the upper east side but derek jeter 24 hour fitness on E 53rd and lexington is a gorgeous facility...brand new gym has everything weights, machines, cardio, pool, sauna, hot tub..everything you need. hope this helps

Nothing good on the UES. Just find the nearest NYSC (look online).

Last edited:
Thanks guys I am just looking for a basic place to do some liftin' nothing special. I think I'll hit up the Gold's on 54th street and Broadway.

The gym business is changing. There used to be some good gyms where you could get your workout done without a lunk alarm going off. There is also Steel on 23rd and 19th St. Gym the ones Vic Martinez uses.

I assume you don't plan on taking a ride outside Manhattan to try gyms like Strong and Shapley or Bev's Powerhouse. Some really well equipped gyms have been opened recently like this one: **broken link removed**

The Gold's Teterboro owners mentioned that they are looking to open another like it in Jersey City. The town could really use it.

There are New York Sports Clubs every other clock in Manhattan. I train at Mid City Gym. Have a new gym across the street from Port Authority (42nd Street)....great equipment and reasonable prices.
http://www.midcitygym.com/

When I was still in the city I used to go to 19th Street Gym. It was really gay, but some of the dudes were pretty big. I heard it's changed.
Steel Gym seems to be where the muscle heads go now. The Gold's in midtown used to be pretty decent, and the I hear the Gold's down in Wall St. area is nice.

When I was still in the city I used to go to 19th Street Gym. It was really gay, but some of the dudes were pretty big. I heard it's changed.
Steel Gym seems to be where the muscle heads go now. The Gold's in midtown used to be pretty decent, and the I hear the Gold's down in Wall St. area is nice.

I work near city hall which is right by wall street. that golds changed and got worse unfortunatly. u have guys lifting a dumbell and a wall st journal in the other.

theres one on 14st 2nd ave called citi fitness. tried it out and its a good gym lots of high tech cardio which is great and lots of great and its 24 hrs.

i havnt tried steel yet. but that will be awhile since im rehabing my knee from scope surgery

i stay in brooklyn to work out. lots of good workout places where i live.

The gym business is changing. There used to be some good gyms where you could get your workout done without a lunk alarm going off. There is also Steel on 23rd and 19th St. Gym the ones Vic Martinez uses.

I assume you don't plan on taking a ride outside Manhattan to try gyms like Strong and Shapley or Bev's Powerhouse. Some really well equipped gyms have been opened recently like this one: **broken link removed**

The Gold's Teterboro owners mentioned that they are looking to open another like it in Jersey City. The town could really use it.

It looks like the owners found their Jersey City location. I was driving out of there today and passed a parking lot with presale signs up for Gold's Gym. It is on the block with the McDonald's on Communipaw Ave. on the west end of town.

Why go if its really gay?:confused:

Because it was probably near where he lived or worked. It is one of the well-equipped and hardcore gyms around, just in a gay neighborhood.

There is a gym in Williamsburg, Brooklyn called Frenchie's. The Animalpak guys have had one of their club meets there.

YouTube - FRENCHIE'S GYM 3

Because it was probably near where he lived or worked. It is one of the well-equipped and hardcore gyms around, just in a gay neighborhood.

There is a gym in Williamsburg, Brooklyn called Frenchie's. The Animalpak guys have had one of their club meets there.

YouTube - FRENCHIE'S GYM 3

ahhh Frenchies gym. that is a great gym. im not to far from there but far enough to make an everyday trip. my dad use to work out there when he lived on the north side.

a hardcore gym still thank god

I currently go to NYSC which sucks for hardcore but...the Crunch down on 59th has a large weightroom, older rough atmosphere & DB's to 150 if I remember right

Frenchies, Ritches, Spartan Gym, 5th ave gym

ahhh Frenchies gym. that is a great gym. im not to far from there but far enough to make an everyday trip. my dad use to work out there when he lived on the north side.

a hardcore gym still thank god

Frenchies gym is cool place...Richies gym is not too far away either..I like that location better than the spot he has on 4th ave in Sunset park.

I just trained at a decent hardcore gym...very clean...on Coney Island Ave called Spartan Gym on Monday...there have a sets of dumbells all the way up to 200 pounds! Daily passes are cheap too. $10... I am planning to head back there more often.

I train at 5th ave gym... ( 5th and 15 in Park Slope) its been mentioned on this site before..you can do a search for prior posts..that's the gym where Kai got his start..he still trains there on occasion I saw him and Oscar training in July..5th ave daily passes are $5...there are still some bodybuilders there...just not as many as in the past..know we have more or less a fare share of skinny people from the area which undergoing gentrification...like alot of places in Brooklyn.

all the best,

Hard2core2

Better Bodies

Because at the time it was one of the most hardcore gyms in the city. The other options included Crunch, Equinox, and a shitload of NYSC that sucked.

In a way the gym changed in name only:

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner