over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hack Squat Machine?

I thought about that. But usually the 100 plates are about as thick as two 45lbs and take up just as much room on the shaft. I'm really surprised the damn thing doesn't have an extra shaft like the Leg Press machines do. I think I will do like was mentioned above and add bands. I've never worked with those things before but I know they work. So it will probably be time for me to learn.

When I used 100 lb plates on the leg press I was able to fit a lot more weight on. If you have 100s youll be good to go IMO.

Shoot for 15 reps per set, and definitely add bands. I really like hack squats with bands. If you're still getting 15 reps no problem, start doing 3 second negatives. If you're able to use the maximum number of plates, with bands, and 3 second negatives and you're STILL getting 15 reps, then my hats off to you!

I workout in a small gym. The Hack Squat is a hundred years old and the angle is almost straight up. It kills my knees and once you get enough plates on it the thing moves unevenly. So I decided to try out Golds and the Hack Squat there. Its a newer one with a lower angle and most importantly it doesn't bother my knees. Just one problem. It will only hold 6 plates each side. I was doing that for 12 reps. And yes I go to the bottom. I wanna join there also so I can start doing legs there. My question, does anyone make and sell some kind of hook thing you can put on the end of each shaft on the Hack Squat to add plates to? I may just have to get a friend to weld something up. It sucks the machine has no way to add plates to it. Thanks.

I got up to 9 plates a side on the hack squat for about 10 deep reps but all that done was fuck up my knees over time. Sure you want to push yourself but 6 plates a side is more than enough. I would concentrate on slowing up the reps and aiming for higher reps too. My legs are still a weakness but I can safely state for most higher reps are best for legs. Plus use intensity techniques such as short rest periods (10 sets of 10 with 15 secs rest etc etc). I am getting better results now with my legs lifting 1/3 of the weight I used to. I use the exact same form (so I wasn't fucking up with the heavier weights) I just do set after set and don't allow them to rest more than 1 mins max ever (usually 30 secs or below).

With a quad exercise I would be aiming to be able to get 20-25 good reps before upping the weight.

Last edited:
I got up to 9 plates a side on the hack squat for about 10 deep reps but all that done was fuck up my knees over time. Sure you want to push yourself but 6 plates a side is more than enough. I would concentrate on slowing up the reps and aiming for higher reps too. My legs are still a weakness but I can safely state for most higher reps are best for legs. Plus use intensity techniques such as short rest periods (10 sets of 10 with 15 secs rest etc etc). I am getting better results now with my legs lifting 1/3 of the weight I used to. I use the exact same form (so I wasn't fucking up with the heavier weights) I just do set after set and don't allow them to rest more than 1 mins max ever (usually 30 secs or below).

With a quad exercise I would be aiming to be able to get 20-25 good reps before upping the weight.
I agree with you alot on this. Once I get to 20 reps I might scratch my head then and go "now what". :D But like others have said I know there are a lot of ways to make it harder without more weight. Like with all of us its just ego some time.

Another thing that sucks is the dumbells only go to 120's. But I am gonna keep my membership at my old gym also. The dumbells go to 150 there. You would think being a Gold's they would go to 150 at least. Oh well.

...have you never done any sort of squats or dead lifts with a weighted vest? i started that about 8 years ago. i was having trouble with bar on shoulder for about a month and thought why not wear my weighted vest. i still lift with it on.

so get a weighted vest and even SCUBA weight belt loaded up and do those higher rep hack squats. gold's gym wont care.

this post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

Another thing that sucks is the dumbells only go to 120's. But I am gonna keep my membership at my old gym also. The dumbells go to 150 there. You would think being a Gold's they would go to 150 at least. Oh well.

WE have tons of Golds in my city. Close to 25. I know of several where the db's only go to 100, but most go to 150.

I workout in a small gym. The Hack Squat is a hundred years old and the angle is almost straight up. It kills my knees and once you get enough plates on it the thing moves unevenly. So I decided to try out Golds and the Hack Squat there. Its a newer one with a lower angle and most importantly it doesn't bother my knees. Just one problem. It will only hold 6 plates each side. I was doing that for 12 reps. And yes I go to the bottom. I wanna join there also so I can start doing legs there. My question, does anyone make and sell some kind of hook thing you can put on the end of each shaft on the Hack Squat to add plates to? I may just have to get a friend to weld something up. It sucks the machine has no way to add plates to it. Thanks.

Im in the same boat as you brother. I've come to realization Jack squat just isn't a piece of equipment I personally can benefit from.. Im just too damn tall and the angles on these foot pedastles most these gyms hsve are too small.. I've now just learned other exercises to work around it... Try JMs exercises for legs.. You can grow without the hacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a friend to sit on the top of the machine?

Haha i was just about to say the same. Get some ladies to sit on the ends and you're good to go.

Can't believe nobody suggested this first

Ha ha ha. Already thought of it Jefe. I'd look like a bad mofo with it all loaded up, no pun intended, :D and someone riding on top to boot. Ha ha ha. How you been man? I haven't been getting on here much like I use to. Working so damn much sucks. :(

Haha i was just about to say the same. Get some ladies to sit on the ends and you're good to go.

Can't believe nobody suggested this first
That would be a great opening to talk to a hottie.:D But I am all business in the gym though. But I have been known to make an exception. Its just rare. Ha ha

Easy get two strong heavy bands. Not to add resistance themselves but loop them around two dumbells and hang them over the plates or the very end of the loading bars. The d bells will hang below the plates but stay off the floor when squatting down. I'm surprised golds has such a shitty hack squat with small loading bar. As others have said though I think the hack should be used slow controlled and not balls heavy. A few people have done some real damage, zack Khan blew both quads out hacking.

Ha ha ha. Already thought of it Jefe. I'd look like a bad mofo with it all loaded up, no pun intended, :D and someone riding on top to boot. Ha ha ha. How you been man? I haven't been getting on here much like I use to. Working so damn much sucks. :(

I'm doing alright. Glad to be back and to old friends. Still trying to get back up to speed with all the new tech

Love hack squats. I work out on army posts, and they are like old school gyms. The machines they do have are body masters. Love it!

how much do you BB squat?
Most I have done is 625x2 with a belt and wraps. Not really much but I want to do 700 with just a belt and wraps. Plan is to get it this year by end of summer maybe. I hope if I can stay injury free.

Love hack squats. I work out on army posts, and they are like old school gyms. The machines they do have are body masters. Love it!
I have always loved them. What I like about them is you can really concentrate on the feel because you don't have to worry about your balance or anything like you do with a regular BB squat.

The first gym I joined in the 70's had one of those almost verticle hack squat machines. It was really hard on the knees.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131