advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hack Squat? Or Smith Machine? Which One??

Texas Ranger

Registered
Guys, I have a once in a lifetime deal on getting some top notch equipment due to a hardcore gym going out of business for my home gym. I’m already buying a Nebula 35 degree leg press, Keiser M3 bike, sissy squat stand, and a bunch of lat machine attachments dirt cheap. I have the option of buying a commercial hack squat or Smith machine, but not sure which one I want. I already have a power rack, dip stand, lat pull down machine, leg extension/leg curl, 45 degree hyper, ab bench & dumbbells 5-120lbs. Just wanted to get some opinions on this before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance!

At home, I'd go for the Smith machine, so you can work on presses without a spotter.

Only reason I would buy the smith is if you are truly going to use it hard at least every other week and you have plenty of room for it. It sounds like you can afford it and have mentioned buying both. I say if you can afford it easily and have the room then get both. If you do a lot of hack squats then having that will be really nice. Is it Nebula too? If it is then I would definitely buy both. Im not even sure if they still make Nebula. It was my favorite when I used to go to the gym. Quality stuff.

Last edited:
I love hack squats but if I could only have one in a home gym it'd be a smith machine

If you can afford to have/keep both, by all means...

I stopped by and spoke to guy, earlier. He made me an offer I couldn’t refuse! I don’t know where the heck I’m going to put all this stuff. LOL!! He’s selling me a Bodymasters Smith Machine(smooth as butter), Bodymasters Power Squat(Front and Hack Squat), Nebula Fitness 35 degree leg press, In Shape Hack Squat, In Shape 45 degree leg press, Keiser M3 stationary bike, sissy squat stand, several different lat pull down attachments, (12) 45lb plates, and (3)4’x6’ heavy duty rubber mats all for $550!!!!

Last edited:
Smith Machine

Wow - congratulations on the insane deal!

I’m thinking of buying them both and selling whatever I don’t want. Lol

nice, best of both worlds for sure,but if I had to pick just 1, it would be the smith

I stopped by and spoke to guy, earlier. He made me an offer I couldn’t refuse! I don’t know where the heck I’m going to put all this stuff. LOL!! He’s selling me a Bodymasters Smith Machine(smooth as butter), Bodymasters Power Squat(Front and Hack Squat), Nebula Fitness 35 degree leg press, In Shape Hack Squat, In Shape 45 degree leg press, Keiser M3 stationary bike, sissy squat stand, several different lat pull down attachments, (12) 45lb plates, and (3)4’x6’ heavy duty rubber mats all for $550!!!!

Damn, you did win the lottery! WOW! :headbang: That leg press alone is worth that I bet.

Make room for it. All three of your kids can share the same bedroom. That is how the Amish do it, and they turned out just fine.

As long as it's a good smith machine. I've used a lot more garbage ones than good ones!

Should be a smooth stroke, no play side to side... maybe you can replace bearings to fix an old one? I'm not sure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131