over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Had Skin Cancer Cut Out Today

broncos62577

Registered
I just turned 38 and went to dermatologist two weeks ago. I had a sore on my face that wouldn't heal for about six months. Happened to see an article on Yahoo that was about cancer signs not to ignore and it just so happened having a sore that doesnt heal was on list. Thats the only reason I went to doc. Anyway found I had skin cancer. Went in today and he burned and scraped it out. Didnt spread anywhere. I used to go tanning regularly. Posting this bc im sure a lot of u tan. Just b careful and watch for signs. I have to go to doc every month for ndxt year as the first year is when it usually comes back if its going to.

Just had several spots in my back test positive for skin cancer. Never went tanning but spent many, many days out in the sun without protection.

I had a big chunk cut out of the side of my head. I have to go in every six months and I always get something burned off. I'm in the sun a lot and love it, I do wear sunscreen every day. MT2 is wonderful to keep tan and not burn.

Scary stuff! I'll start keeping an eye on things. My dad has skin cancer.

I just turned 38 and went to dermatologist two weeks ago. I had a sore on my face that wouldn't heal for about six months. Happened to see an article on Yahoo that was about cancer signs not to ignore and it just so happened having a sore that doesnt heal was on list. Thats the only reason I went to doc. Anyway found I had skin cancer. Went in today and he burned and scraped it out. Didnt spread anywhere. I used to go tanning regularly. Posting this bc im sure a lot of u tan. Just b careful and watch for signs. I have to go to doc every month for ndxt year as the first year is when it usually comes back if its going to.

Im guessing it was basal cell? Did they do a biopsy before he removed it today? Margins negative? I really hate when they use a bovie or equivalent on that stuff as it can really fuck up pathology and makes things like MOHS difficult.

If it was basal cell it rarely will met so local resection is definitive.

Ive had lot of moles removed. Strong famly history of melanoma. Thats why I wouldnt use GH as melanoma is igf dependant.

I had a big chunk cut out of the side of my head. I have to go in every six months and I always get something burned off. I'm in the sun a lot and love it, I do wear sunscreen every day. MT2 is wonderful to keep tan and not burn.

Please look up the effects of MT2 on dysplasic nevi and melanoma.

What kind of skin cancer if you don't mind me asking bro?

sun screen dose not protect from cancer...

I have seen amazing things happen with sin cancers and antiox treatments...

sun screen dose not protect from cancer...

I have seen amazing things happen with sin cancers and antiox treatments...

You reminded me. When you have a moment it would be good to discuss that sunscreen study you referenced a few weeks ago.

As for antiox. It might be useful when it comes to prevention but why do u think it would be useful in treatment or did I miss understand. Free radicals are both good and bad, we need them to help protect our self from bacteria and to help our body attack cells (cancer). Uncontrolled oxidation can result in free radical formation and increase our risk for many things including cancer so its a balance.

I'm no expert on using antioxidants with skin cancer so it might be a good discussion with also considering UV genetic damage which is direct and not indirect through free radicals which is a time where we want to kill off those cells and I woder if taking antioxidants would hinder that. My guess is that since most damage is via indirect that it WOULD BE beneficial to help prevent cancer but maybe not for treatment.

I take astaxanthin daily and one of its many benefits is its a very good sun protectant. I also find I don't get sun burn as much as I used too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

You reminded me. When you have a moment it would be good to discuss that sunscreen study you referenced a few weeks ago.

As for antiox. It might be useful when it comes to prevention but why do u think it would be useful in treatment or did I miss understand. Free radicals are both good and bad, we need them to help protect our self from bacteria and to help our body attack cells (cancer). Uncontrolled oxidation can result in free radical formation and increase our risk for many things including cancer so its a balance.

I'm no expert on using antioxidants with skin cancer so it might be a good discussion with also considering UV genetic damage which is direct and not indirect through free radicals which is a time where we want to kill off those cells and I woder if taking antioxidants would hinder that. My guess is that since most damage is via indirect that it WOULD BE beneficial to help prevent cancer but maybe not for treatment.

yeah illhave to go through and dig that up, its stuff from way bac.

really free radicals are not the issue when someone actually HAS cancer... lol
the cancer is much more concerning.

what tells me?

real world results. lol

guys dad, skin cancer for years, getting shit cut off all the time...
get him doing some stuff, cancer free, docs are baffled...

tumor on my dogs leg, gone in 3 months.

cpl other random accounts of sin things that would normally have to be cut off that just go away and problems never come back...

treatment depends on type of cancer...

both resveratrol and curcumin in studies KILL very aggressive cancers.

what you need to use depends on the type of cancer.

for example glutathione can help with treatment of some, but while no conclusive evidence it COULD maybe advance some cancers...

again no real proof, just my understanding of various functions..

some cancers use glutathione very efficiently...

cancer is a very complicated subject.

Please look up the effects of MT2 on dysplasic nevi and melanoma.

Can you quote some studies by any chance bro? All I can find is the 20 year old who did 4 weeks of MT2 and developed melanoma. She also obviously excessively tanned and we have no clue of her genetic background. I've also read opposite explanations of what MT2 does as in aggrevAte melanoma and help it evade immune detection or that it just makes melanoma more noticeable hence easier to find. I don't think there are any group studies?

while not overly scientific this is good short easy to read about some sunbloc stuff:

7 surprising things you're not supposed to know about sunscreen and sunlight exposure - NaturalNews.com

Associated Press
Lawsuit Accuses Sunscreen Makers of Lies
03.31.2006, 11:02 AM

A lawsuit alleges that sunscreen manufacturers exaggerate the degree to which their products protect against harmful ultraviolet rays.

"Sunscreen is the snake oil of the 21st century," said Samuel Rudman, a partner in the Lerach Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins law firm, which filed the lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court. "False claims such as 'sunblock,' 'waterproof' and 'all-day protection' should be removed from these products immediately."

Schering-Plough Corp., which makes Coppertone, has "vigorously disputed" the allegations, spokeswoman Denise Foy said. That company and Neutrogena Corp., a Johnson & Johnson unit based in Los Angeles, said all of their sunscreens comply with Food and Drug Administration rules.

The lawsuit claims that misleading sunscreen labels have created a false sense of security among sunbathers. According to the complaint, sunscreens protect against UVB rays, but research indicates that they don't block all UVA rays, which can cause skin cancer, aging and wrinkling.

The suit seeks refunds for anyone who bought a falsely advertised sunscreen and to force manufacturers to give up earnings from the sales of any such products.

Dermatologists agree sunscreens don't provide full protection, but still consider them beneficial.

"It's akin to someone suing a seat belt manufacturer because seat belts don't prevent 100 percent of the deaths," said Dr. Richard G. Glogau, a clinical professor at the University of California San Francisco. "I would hate for the public to be confused by the lawsuit into thinking that the products are so flawed that it is better to do without it."

The San Diego-based Lerach firm, which is best known for going after big corporations on behalf of shareholders, is seeking class-action status for the lawsuit. The suit is a compilation of nine earlier complaints against sunscreen manufacturers.

More than $455 million worth of sunscreen and tanning lotions are sold each year.

Also named as defendants are Banana Boat-maker Playtex Products Inc., Tanning Research Labs Inc., which makes Hawaiian Tropic, and Chattem Inc., which makes Bull Frog.

this is supposed to be better I think....

Anthelios Mexoryl Sunscreen SPF30, 75ml

It's the mexoryl stuff you want to look for and they now have mexoryl SX with mexoryl XL which I bet blocks something else.

The ingredient to which you are referring is Mexoryl SX, a camphor
derivative. Although studies show that this is a very effective
sunscreen, one which is very photostable, the FDA has not yet given
it’s approval. Mexoryl SX has been patented by L’Oreal, and is sold in
numerous countries, but not in the US, as of yet.
“Mexoryl SX is one of the few sure and stable UVA sun filters. It
provides long-lasting, effective protection due to the virtually
impervious nature of the molecule to the action of solar energy. In
the key field of sun-protection research, Mexoryl SX has been patented
by L'Oréal, and has been used in the Group's sunscreen formulations in
Europe since 1993. Research activities are underway to develop
products that can be introduced to the US market.”

apparently Mexyrol SX finally got approved:
USATODAY.com - Long-awaited sunscreen approved for sale in U.S.

Long-awaited sunscreen approved for sale in U.S.

Updated 7/24/2006 2:18 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — A sunscreen that blocks the type of ultraviolet radiation linked to some cancers, and which has been available only outside the United States, received federal approval Monday.

ON DEADLINE:Long-awaited sunscreen approved

Called Anthelios SX, the sunscreen contains ecamsule, an ingredient better at blocking ultraviolet A, or UVA, radiation than other sunscreen ingredients currently sold in the United States. Those ingredients mainly screen out UVB rays.

UVB has long been associated with sunburn, while UVA is recognized as a deeper penetrating radiation, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Doctors suspect there is a link between UVA exposure and longer-term effects, including wrinkles, basal and squamous cell cancers and melanoma.

Anthelios is made by the French cosmetics company L'Oreal SA. It has a sun protection factor or SPF of 15.

The sunscreen contains three active ingredients, including ecamsule or Mexoryl SX. Mexoryl has been included in the company's sunscreens sold in Canada and Europe since 1993.

LaRoche-Posay will distribute the product, the FDA said.
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

more...

The COMMERCIAL description of the sunscreens said it would BLOCK cancer causing and skin damaging rays.

That is what THEY SAID and why they got sued:

"The lawsuit claims that misleading sunscreen labels have created a false sense of security among sunbathers. According to the complaint, sunscreens protect against UVB rays, but research indicates that they don't block all UVA rays, which can cause skin cancer, aging and wrinkling. "

Therefore, a sunscreen was said to BLOCK rays, but it didn't.

While mexoryl will not 'technically' BLOCK all rays, it works by the very fact that it does BLOCK some which they now call 'filter'.

If mexoryl wasn't blocking the rays it would have to be doing something else to them like altering them into another wavelength or maybe converting them into heat..........new physics?

BTW, that's why they have SPF ratings because the higher the number the more rays they 'Block' and for a longer period of time.

Furthermore, the term 'block' is used numerous times describing how mexoryl works.

wrote:
For the first time since 1988, the Food and Drug Administration today approved a new type of sunscreen compound that protects skin from shortwave ultraviolet A light and doesn't break down as easily as other products.

Most sunscreens available in the United States protect only against long-wave UVA and both forms of ultraviolet B light. But the new compound, known as ecamsule, has long been available in Europe and Canada. It is made by the L'Oreal cosmetics company.

Related Stories
Why Is the Best Sunscreen Blocked by FDA? Top Health stories
Drug Rep Tells All: Drink the Kool-AidSyphilis Continues to Surge in U.S.Ear-Induced Torture: Maddening Noise, EverywhereThe new product is considered a superior sunscreen chemical because of its ability to block UVA light -- a harmful, wrinkle-causing form of sunlight -- and because it lasts longer in the sun.

The product, Mexoryl SX, contains two standard sunscreen chemicals as well as ecamsule and will be sold as a daily moisturizer cream. It should be on pharmacy shelves sometime this fall, but it's not known how much it will cost. It will be sold under the name Anthelios SX.

Many dermatologists are happy about the news.

"We are delighted that an effective sunscreen agent has been approved by the . . . FDA. We're aware that this ingredient has been available in Europe since 1993 and we know that it is an effective UVA sunblocking agent," said Dr. Stephen Stone, president of the Academy of Dermatology. ". . . It is an effective UVA blocker. It will have some role in protection from skin cancer and photo-aging -- our term for aging from sun exposure, like wrinkles and skin pigmentation."

This is primarily due to the product's better UVA blocking abilities.

"UVA accounts for over 80 percent of the damage that occurs to the skin in terms of aging, DNA damage and, ultimately, skin cancer," said Dr. Darrell Rigel, clinical professor of dermatology at New York University Medical Center, in a press release issued by L'Oreal. "UVA rays are present all year long, even in the winter, and they can penetrate through clouds and windows."

In an interview last year with ABC's "20/20," Dr. Vincent DeLeo, chairman of the dermatology department at Columbia University, said the European equivalent was sorely needed in the United States.

Can you quote some studies by any chance bro? All I can find is the 20 year old who did 4 weeks of MT2 and developed melanoma. She also obviously excessively tanned and we have no clue of her genetic background. I've also read opposite explanations of what MT2 does as in aggrevAte melanoma and help it evade immune detection or that it just makes melanoma more noticeable hence easier to find. I don't think there are any group studies?

Try expanding your search to include alpha msh and melanoma. Look at icam expression (which might show mt2 to be favorable ) but then look at mitf and other parts of the cascade which might show it be be very bad.

But then look at alpha msh and syndecan. That might show it to be positive.

If u still can't find studies I'll post some later but the short of it is that there is conflicting info and when it comes to melanoma I wouldn't mess with it. My recommendation based on the data I've seen is with no personal or family history MT2 is probably protective but if u already have dysplasia it's playing with fire at this time

I go for a yearly screening (body scan) at a dermatologist. You should too.

When examining yourself for potentional melanomas, a nice little strategy to remember is the ABCDE rule:

'A' - Asymmetry (one half of the mole doesn't match the other)
'B' - Border irregularity
'C' - Color that is not uniform
'D' - Diameter greater than 6 mm — (about the size of a pencil eraser)
'E' - Evolving size, shape or color

while not overly scientific this is good short easy to read about some sunbloc stuff:

7 surprising things you're not supposed to know about sunscreen and sunlight exposure - NaturalNews.com

Associated Press
Lawsuit Accuses Sunscreen Makers of Lies
03.31.2006, 11:02 AM

A lawsuit alleges that sunscreen manufacturers exaggerate the degree to which their products protect against harmful ultraviolet rays.

"Sunscreen is the snake oil of the 21st century," said Samuel Rudman, a partner in the Lerach Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins law firm, which filed the lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court. "False claims such as 'sunblock,' 'waterproof' and 'all-day protection' should be removed from these products immediately."

Schering-Plough Corp., which makes Coppertone, has "vigorously disputed" the allegations, spokeswoman Denise Foy said. That company and Neutrogena Corp., a Johnson & Johnson unit based in Los Angeles, said all of their sunscreens comply with Food and Drug Administration rules.

The lawsuit claims that misleading sunscreen labels have created a false sense of security among sunbathers. According to the complaint, sunscreens protect against UVB rays, but research indicates that they don't block all UVA rays, which can cause skin cancer, aging and wrinkling.

The suit seeks refunds for anyone who bought a falsely advertised sunscreen and to force manufacturers to give up earnings from the sales of any such products.

Dermatologists agree sunscreens don't provide full protection, but still consider them beneficial.

"It's akin to someone suing a seat belt manufacturer because seat belts don't prevent 100 percent of the deaths," said Dr. Richard G. Glogau, a clinical professor at the University of California San Francisco. "I would hate for the public to be confused by the lawsuit into thinking that the products are so flawed that it is better to do without it."

The San Diego-based Lerach firm, which is best known for going after big corporations on behalf of shareholders, is seeking class-action status for the lawsuit. The suit is a compilation of nine earlier complaints against sunscreen manufacturers.

More than $455 million worth of sunscreen and tanning lotions are sold each year.

Also named as defendants are Banana Boat-maker Playtex Products Inc., Tanning Research Labs Inc., which makes Hawaiian Tropic, and Chattem Inc., which makes Bull Frog.

this is supposed to be better I think....

Anthelios Mexoryl Sunscreen SPF30, 75ml

It's the mexoryl stuff you want to look for and they now have mexoryl SX with mexoryl XL which I bet blocks something else.

The ingredient to which you are referring is Mexoryl SX, a camphor
derivative. Although studies show that this is a very effective
sunscreen, one which is very photostable, the FDA has not yet given
it’s approval. Mexoryl SX has been patented by L’Oreal, and is sold in
numerous countries, but not in the US, as of yet.
“Mexoryl SX is one of the few sure and stable UVA sun filters. It
provides long-lasting, effective protection due to the virtually
impervious nature of the molecule to the action of solar energy. In
the key field of sun-protection research, Mexoryl SX has been patented
by L'Oréal, and has been used in the Group's sunscreen formulations in
Europe since 1993. Research activities are underway to develop
products that can be introduced to the US market.”

apparently Mexyrol SX finally got approved:
USATODAY.com - Long-awaited sunscreen approved for sale in U.S.

Long-awaited sunscreen approved for sale in U.S.

Updated 7/24/2006 2:18 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — A sunscreen that blocks the type of ultraviolet radiation linked to some cancers, and which has been available only outside the United States, received federal approval Monday.

ON DEADLINE:Long-awaited sunscreen approved

Called Anthelios SX, the sunscreen contains ecamsule, an ingredient better at blocking ultraviolet A, or UVA, radiation than other sunscreen ingredients currently sold in the United States. Those ingredients mainly screen out UVB rays.

UVB has long been associated with sunburn, while UVA is recognized as a deeper penetrating radiation, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Doctors suspect there is a link between UVA exposure and longer-term effects, including wrinkles, basal and squamous cell cancers and melanoma.

Anthelios is made by the French cosmetics company L'Oreal SA. It has a sun protection factor or SPF of 15.

The sunscreen contains three active ingredients, including ecamsule or Mexoryl SX. Mexoryl has been included in the company's sunscreens sold in Canada and Europe since 1993.

LaRoche-Posay will distribute the product, the FDA said.
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

more...

The COMMERCIAL description of the sunscreens said it would BLOCK cancer causing and skin damaging rays.

That is what THEY SAID and why they got sued:

"The lawsuit claims that misleading sunscreen labels have created a false sense of security among sunbathers. According to the complaint, sunscreens protect against UVB rays, but research indicates that they don't block all UVA rays, which can cause skin cancer, aging and wrinkling. "

Therefore, a sunscreen was said to BLOCK rays, but it didn't.

While mexoryl will not 'technically' BLOCK all rays, it works by the very fact that it does BLOCK some which they now call 'filter'.

If mexoryl wasn't blocking the rays it would have to be doing something else to them like altering them into another wavelength or maybe converting them into heat..........new physics?

BTW, that's why they have SPF ratings because the higher the number the more rays they 'Block' and for a longer period of time.

Furthermore, the term 'block' is used numerous times describing how mexoryl works.

wrote:
For the first time since 1988, the Food and Drug Administration today approved a new type of sunscreen compound that protects skin from shortwave ultraviolet A light and doesn't break down as easily as other products.

Most sunscreens available in the United States protect only against long-wave UVA and both forms of ultraviolet B light. But the new compound, known as ecamsule, has long been available in Europe and Canada. It is made by the L'Oreal cosmetics company.

Related Stories
Why Is the Best Sunscreen Blocked by FDA? Top Health stories
Drug Rep Tells All: Drink the Kool-AidSyphilis Continues to Surge in U.S.Ear-Induced Torture: Maddening Noise, EverywhereThe new product is considered a superior sunscreen chemical because of its ability to block UVA light -- a harmful, wrinkle-causing form of sunlight -- and because it lasts longer in the sun.

The product, Mexoryl SX, contains two standard sunscreen chemicals as well as ecamsule and will be sold as a daily moisturizer cream. It should be on pharmacy shelves sometime this fall, but it's not known how much it will cost. It will be sold under the name Anthelios SX.

Many dermatologists are happy about the news.

"We are delighted that an effective sunscreen agent has been approved by the . . . FDA. We're aware that this ingredient has been available in Europe since 1993 and we know that it is an effective UVA sunblocking agent," said Dr. Stephen Stone, president of the Academy of Dermatology. ". . . It is an effective UVA blocker. It will have some role in protection from skin cancer and photo-aging -- our term for aging from sun exposure, like wrinkles and skin pigmentation."

This is primarily due to the product's better UVA blocking abilities.

"UVA accounts for over 80 percent of the damage that occurs to the skin in terms of aging, DNA damage and, ultimately, skin cancer," said Dr. Darrell Rigel, clinical professor of dermatology at New York University Medical Center, in a press release issued by L'Oreal. "UVA rays are present all year long, even in the winter, and they can penetrate through clouds and windows."

In an interview last year with ABC's "20/20," Dr. Vincent DeLeo, chairman of the dermatology department at Columbia University, said the European equivalent was sorely needed in the United States.

LK: Did the auto industry over estimate or maybe even lie about how much a seatbelt save lives or offers protection in an accident? I have no idea. Are they to blame if someone feel more secure to drive reckless and faster because they feel safer wearing a seatbelt? No way! If you had two people driving under similar conditions and speeds and one was wearing a seatbelt and the other wasnt which one is more likely to have less damage?

That is how I would gauge the effectiveness of sunscreen/block. Not how it is marketed as lawyers just love that stuff, not for the idiot who now stays out 10 days straight in the sun ( aka drives 200mph) but two people with the same time in the sun and then looking if sunblock offers protection. I believe it does offer protection and therefore if someone was gonna spend 4 hours at the beach its better to wear sunblock then to not wear sunblock and still spend 4 hours at the beach.

Condoms offer protection from STD's..but guess what if you were safe before but after getting a condom on you go sleep with a ton of hookers your risks are gonna go up..its not the condoms fault!

Do you have any studies looking at DNA damage with and without sunblock?

yeah illhave to go through and dig that up, its stuff from way bac.

really free radicals are not the issue when someone actually HAS cancer... lol
the cancer is much more concerning.

what tells me?

real world results. lol

guys dad, skin cancer for years, getting shit cut off all the time...
get him doing some stuff, cancer free, docs are baffled...

tumor on my dogs leg, gone in 3 months.

cpl other random accounts of sin things that would normally have to be cut off that just go away and problems never come back...

both resveratrol and curcumin in studies KILL very aggressive cancers.

for example glutathione can help with treatment of some, but while no conclusive evidence it COULD maybe advance some cancers...

again no real proof, just my understanding of various functions..

some cancers use glutathione very efficiently...

Not its not the ISSUE but our body needs reactive oxygen species in order to give it a cancer at fighting the cancer. So why would you take antioxidants AFTER you have cancer locally? I mean i guess i could discuss a few reasons why during the specific course of treatments one might want to but how would that help with the site of cancer? That seem like it would be locally detrimental and would be preventing your body from fighting it.

I will admit that for a certain group of cancers that our bodies ROS production may make things worse and actually increase certain adhesion molecules but overall antiox, in my opinion is more useful in preventing then treating. And its a careful balance when it comes to prevention and too much decrease can cause the reverse effects.

what i am saying above is a generalization so before I get a ton of PMs ( not from you LK i know you know what im saying) about exceptions I understand that but im just discussing how our body trys to kill cancer cells. ROS can both CAUSE and TREAT cancer. Slippery slope as ROS is found in high quantities in many cancers so naturally you may think we want to neutralize those...the answer is both yes and no lol.

Edit: You did mention above about gluta and how it could have dual actions which was what I was saying.

Last edited:
lly have to be cut off that just go away and problems never come back...

That is true. And knowing the genetics behind your cancer is very important as without knowing that your just guessing if the antioxidants are going to make it worse or better. Maybe its a cancer that loves the higher ROS and by taking the antiox your helping fight it. But maybe your body is trying to kill the cancer by attacking it with high levels of ROS and now your inhibiting your bodies on response.

I highlighted that last part as entire courses are taught just on understanding cancer genetics and is far beyond the scope of a board like this on a Thursday evening while posting and eating dinner lol But LK if you do wanna discuss the cancer treatments which use an increase in ROS I would be happy to go into that a bit (e.g radiation, BSO, or your SOD inhibs) even though Im 99.8% sure your gonna not like those treatments BUT they do work well and cancer is a bitch to treat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity