advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hair Loss - Finasteride, Dutasteride? Effects?

Stewie Griffon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone who has male pattern baldness use either finasteride or dutasteride? what kinds of effects on your hair have you noticed?

also what effects on sexual function or training has it caused? i would imagine binding DHT would inhibit strength

Catch 22, propecia has helped me hold on to hair, I'm not sure about regrowth, but it has slowed down hair loss. The bad thing is it does affect my libido, but I heard this varies from person to person.

I go with the PROMOX™ 5% Foam and Revita Shampoo and you should be good having all your basis covered.

RF Receptor Antagonist Astressin-B Reverses and Prevents Alopecia

Astressin-B Reverses and Prevents hairloss. Precision Peptides has it, but not sure how legit their peptides are.

PLoS One. 2011; 6(2): e16377.
Published online 2011 February 16. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0016377

CRF Receptor Antagonist Astressin-B Reverses and Prevents Alopecia in CRF Over-Expressing Mice

Lixin Wang,#1 Mulugeta Million,#1* Jean Rivier,2 Catherine Rivier,2 Noah Craft,3 Mary P. Stenzel-Poore,4 and Yvette Taché1

ABSTRACT

Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) signaling pathways are involved in the stress response, and there is growing evidence supporting hair growth inhibition of murine hair follicle in vivo upon stress exposure. We investigated whether the blockade of CRF receptors influences the development of hair loss in CRF over-expressing (OE)-mice that display phenotypes of Cushing's syndrome and chronic stress, including alopecia. The non-selective CRF receptors antagonist, astressin-B (5 µg/mouse) injected peripherally once a day for 5 days in 4–9 months old CRF-OE alopecic mice induced pigmentation and hair re-growth that was largely retained for over 4 months. In young CRF-OE mice, astressin-B prevented the development of alopecia that occurred in saline-treated mice. Histological examination indicated that alopecic CRF-OE mice had hair follicle atrophy and that astressin-B revived the hair follicle from the telogen to anagen phase. However, astressin-B did not show any effect on the elevated plasma corticosterone levels and the increased weights of adrenal glands and visceral fat in CRF-OE mice. The selective CRF2 receptor antagonist, astressin2-B had moderate effect on pigmentation, but not on hair re-growth. The commercial drug for alopecia, minoxidil only showed partial effect on hair re-growth. These data support the existence of a key molecular switching mechanism triggered by blocking peripheral CRF receptors with an antagonist to reset hair growth in a mouse model of alopecia associated with chronic stress.

Full study link below:

**broken link removed**

Site below is going to start a study using it.

**broken link removed**

Anyone who has male pattern baldness use either finasteride or dutasteride? what kinds of effects on your hair have you noticed?

also what effects on sexual function or training has it caused? i would imagine binding DHT would inhibit strength

I can honestly say it(finasteride) hasn't lowered my strength or hardness. I was expecting it too but it hasn't. I was the leanest and hardest I've ever been this year while on 1mg a day and I only use Test. No ai.

I hear Toco-8 and Nirozal work good, I just asked this question in the beginners forum

Taken orally I experienced loss of sexual function and gyno.

dragonfire, i appreciate the comprehensive responses, thank you for the info

Holly shit !!!!

Hahahaha for a second when I was just reading the responses and strolling down, I'm like why is this guy talking to himself ?

:( stupid me, you guys are both orange and have kind of similar pictures... didn't read the names

Holly shit !!!!

Hahahaha for a second when I was just reading the responses and strolling down, I'm like why is this guy talking to himself ?

:( stupid me, you guys are both orange and have kind of similar pictures... didn't read the names

LOL i am orange!!! yes i supply a full day of vitamin C :)

Stewie - go with finasteride -- unless you are on large dose of test for extended periods. Dutasteride has a super long half life (>5 week) and the chance for side effects increase significantly

Thanks for all the info Dragon but I am wondering if you have still been using the revitra shampoo cause I have seen a bunch of complaints about how they changed the product and its all watered down and a different color and it dosent work at all anymore. When were you or what period of time did you use this product?

propecia

my gyno got considerably worse on propecia!

Bump

I have a script for finasteride due to my bph, I still continue to get thin upstairs. As far as strength and ability to gain, I think it does hinder my abilities, but everyone is different. .5 ed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws