over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hair loss on TRT

DrZaius7

Registered
I’ve been on HRT for 3 years now. Over the past couple years I’ve noticed my hairline beginning to recede and hair get thin. Things have really sped up the past 6 months and now I’m super worried. I’ve had long hair which was nice and thick for years and now it’s falling out like crazy.

In my labs my DHT has come back pretty high (128ng/dl. Normal is 16-79) About 6 weeks ago I started a topical finasteride with minoxidil. No improvement or reduction in shedding yet. I waited until now to try it because I was afraid of potential sexual side effects.

Has anyone had success having their hair grow back with any of these things like finasteride etc while on HRT. There is no history of baldness on either side of my family.
I’m thinking the years of high DHT from being on HRT has finally been too much.

Thanks

I’ve been pretty lucky in the hairline department, thank God, so not a ton of first hand info. If you haven’t, definitely check out the more plates more dates YouTube channel. The guy goes over a ton of PED/TRT content, but he is SUPER serious about hair loss prevention. He goes over 5AR inhibition, topical anti androgens, various peptides and research chems for hair/scalp health. Definitely interesting info and a good place to start.

I’ve been pretty lucky in the hairline department, thank God, so not a ton of first hand info. If you haven’t, definitely check out the more plates more dates YouTube channel. The guy goes over a ton of PED/TRT content, but he is SUPER serious about hair loss prevention. He goes over 5AR inhibition, topical anti androgens, various peptides and research chems for hair/scalp health. Definitely interesting info and a good place to start.
Thanks I’ll check him out

Search for "how long before hair comes back" thread or member "Sassy" both should bring up some useful stuff

Cheap/east things to try:
Zinc
D3
Nizoral or rengepure shampoo

I'd keep going with topical finasteride and minoxidil

You didn't say what your trt is but maybe drop the dose to around 100mg until you figure something out.

Finasteride is the only thing that ever worked for hair for me.

But the sexual sides made me stop.

I use finasteride three times a week while on trt 120mg with various anabolics added and grew back about 95% of what I lost in a few months. I recently added dutasteride on those three days and will drop the trt to around 85mg, to see if I can get that last 5% on my temples to regrow. Haven’t experienced any noticeable side effects, libido and erection quality are fantastic as well.

Finasteride only gave ED, no help with hair. Think some are genetic predisposed to hair loss and unfortunately TRT can exacerbate the issue. I eventually just broke out the razor and went Mr. Clean

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131