advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HAIR LOSS WOULD YOU LIKE TO KEEP YOUR HAIR?

speakerman

Registered
Hello - how many people use finasteride on test cycles or any cycle that turns to dht............ any input would be great........ I was going to run 1mg a day while on from now on to stop hair loss. ive been on a 6month low dosage test cycle wanted to run for one year strait. does anyone notice any sides from proscar ?

I don't know where it was but i think maybe there was a guy here who made a thread about it. He had lots of info about his experience using finasteride and proscar..........

I was thinking of trying it too, would like to hear from someone who uses it!

Finasteride ruined my HPTA completely, and made me suddenly start converting test to E2 at a high rate, and killed my free test levels. Felt like chemical castration, and nearly destroyed a perfectly healthy libido at age 23.

For every one of me there are 10 or 100 guys who notice no side effects, but there are the select group that get really messed up by this drug.

DHT is very important on a number of levels, including cognitive function. To this day, my DHT runs at the lower range instead of the higher range, where it was.

With all this rant over, Finasteride will stop the conversion of compounds by 5-ar. With test, this will stop the conversion to DHT. Theoretically it will not have any effect on DHT-based steroids like masteron, because it stops the conversion, it does not actually stop the effect of dht on the scalp, and these compounds likely already interact directly with the scalp tissue.

There are also drugs that reduce to more benign compounds via 5-ar, such as deca reducing to dihydronandrolone (DHN), so in these cases Finasteride would harm more than it would help. The theory there being that nandrolone is harmful to the hair, but DHN is not, so stopping the conversion to DHN will actually be more harmful to the hair than allowing nanrdolone to reduce to DHN via 5-AR would be.

In a nutshell, depends on your body and the compounds you want to use.

you want a good site to visit, one that has tons of guys with experience using it, let me know. lots of guys here will tell you anecdotal horror stories about the sides, but in actuality very few people experience them. ive been on for years at a time, never had any sides at all.
all u need to do it try finasteride or dutasteride. that's all. just try it.
if u get sides, quit. they go away.
yes, the sides go away. unless you're a dick and keep using the product for a long time while experiencing them. then, well.....just don't do that and you'll be fine.

you want a good site to visit, one that has tons of guys with experience using it, let me know. lots of guys here will tell you anecdotal horror stories about the sides, but in actuality very few people experience them. ive been on for years at a time, never had any sides at all.
all u need to do it try finasteride or dutasteride. that's all. just try it.
if u get sides, quit. they go away.
yes, the sides go away. unless you're a dick and keep using the product for a long time while experiencing them. then, well.....just don't do that and you'll be fine.

I figured I'd chime in here. If you look at some of my posts the last couple of years I've experimented with pretty much every single hair loss treatment available...even some not available to the public. I'm happy to say that at 33 I have a full thick head of hair that isn't thinning in any area (no plugs or any surgeries). I started out using finasteride for a number of years at 1mg, when I went on Test (never more that 750mg per cycle) I bumped the dosage up to 2.5mg per day. After about 12 years or so I noticed that the finasteride was losing its efficacy. I then started to use dutasteride at 0.5mg ED but found that the side effects were pretty bad. I had zero sex drive and got brain fog (almost to the point where it was affecting my job), hair loss as in AAS is a balancing act. One has to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision based on them. For me Dutasteride was too much for me and the sides too great. We do need some DHT in our bodies and eliminating more than 90% is pushing the limit. I stopped the dutasteride and went back to the finasteride 2.5mg ed (whether on or off AAS), this is the dosage I use to this very day. I also use prescription Nizoral two-three times a week. So far so good but I definitely have Dutasteride on hand should things get out of control, I consider myself a pretty good looking guy who gets a lot of women, I unfortunately look really terrible without hair...it's like night and day and I will do everything in my power to keep it until they come up with a cure for MPB, whether it's stem cells producing new hairs or some medication I will never stop. Anyway. You are best off starting with finasteride at 1mg and go from there. Get yourself a black or navy colored pillow cover and see how many hairs you lose while you sleep and keep an eye on a brush that you use, it also helps to take aerial pictures of your scalp and keep a file with the pictures in it, once a day or a couple of times a week...whatever works for you. Hope this helps.

I am relatively new to AAS, but not to finasteride and hair loss! I have been taking finasteride for about 13 years and I have NEVER noticed a single negative side effect from it.

There are certain guys who feel that it is poison and that it completely wrecked them, and there are message boards where they share their horror stories. I suggest you just try it without reading those boards, because many of the effects these guys are talking about are things that you can actually cause by worrying about them, IE not being able to get it up, loss of libido, anxiety, etc. I'm not saying that for those guys those things aren't real, but they are the kind of thing you can actually MAKE happen by thinking about it too much. Does that make sense?

Finasteride will prevent the type 2 5AR enzyme from reducing T to DHT, but the type 1 5AR enzyme is unaffected, so it doesn't completely eliminate DHT like the way dutasteride does (or nearly does).

Unfortunately, there are only 2 FDA approved options for combating MPB: one is finasteride, and the other is minoxidil. I use both and recommend that you do too if you have MPB in your family or if you are noticing thinning. If you are just worried about excessive DHT from taking supraphysiological doses of test, then just run finasteride on cycle. You can get the generic form of Proscar (for prostate) which is in 5mg pills and split them into quarters. That way you're taking 1.25mgs per day. The generic is cheaper than dirt from Target or Costco or any of those places. No need to go the "research chem" route. If you need a script and your regular doc won't give you one, you can usually get one by going for a free consult at one of those hair transplant places.

Last edited:
Finasteride has never bothered me at all and did help hair loss. I have had no issue with sex drive or getting a hard on.

Use it topically if for hair loss. Systematically it could wreck havoc on your system. Topically not sure but side less.

Info below is by Dr. John Crisler use to be on this site and some others.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DEdskgOWVI]Dr. John Crisler - The Post-Finasteride Syndrome -- Persistent Propecia Side Effects - YouTube[/ame]

Below are links to substantiate the claims of men negatively affected by Finasteride use.

The information below is contrary to the pro-Finasteride bias in this radio segment, which attempts to dismiss claims of permanent sexual side effects from the drug as “psychosomatic” in nature, and erectile dysfunction from Finasteride as a result of “fear of sex”, “self-doubt” and “adrenaline”.

According to the manufacturer’s website:

“A small number of men had sexual side effects, with each occurring in less than 2% of men. These include less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, and a decrease in the amount of semen. These side effects went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA because of them. In addition, these side effects decreased to 0.3% of men or less by the fifth year of treatment.”

The manufacturer states that a small number of men had sexual side effects, including less desire for sex and difficulty in achieving an erection — yet the host of this program dismiss claims of impotence, ED and loss of libido while on the drug as unrelated, choosing instead to blame psychological factors, despite both FDA and manufacturer listing such side effects as possible outcomes from usage.

The manufacturer also states that all side effects will resolve upon discontinuation of Propecia. Unfortunately, an unknown number of men worldwide have acquired permanent hypogonadism (loss of Testosterone metabolism) from use, resulting in persistent sexual, mental and physical side effects long after quitting. Some medical professionals are now beginning to suspect these men may have acquired partial androgen resistance as a result of androgen deprivation (loss of DHT) from usage of the medication.

Below are some links which provide additional information on these topics. As the radio host states in his program, he believes men posting such information have a “fear mongering” agenda; however, this could not be further from the truth.

The public deserves to have access to as much information as possible about the medication they are consuming, in order to make an informed decision about usage. Beyond FDA labelling and the manufacturer’s claims, anecdotal reports and real-world experiences, coupled with emerging reports from medical professionals, provide additional knowledge and potential to weigh the risks of undergoing androgen deprivation therapy by taking a 5AR2 inhibitor, to treat what is ultimately a cosmetic, vanity-related and emotional issue (hair loss).

——–

1. 2010 – Dr. Irwig @ George Washington University conducting clinical study into persistent Propecia side effects
**broken link removed**

2. UK – MHRA: Permanent ED a reported outcome of use
http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/par/documents/websiteresources/con054522.pdf

- Under Undesirable Side Effects, pg. 7, section 4.8:
“Persistence of erectile dysfunction after discontinuation of treatment with PROPECIA has been reported in post-marketing use.”

3. UK MHRA – Male Breast Cancer now an official side effect

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/idcplg?...Name=CON065504&RevisionSelectionMethod=Latest

“Cases of male breast cancer have been reported for finasteride, and the review suggested that an increased risk of male breast cancer associated with finasteride use cannot be excluded… on the basis of the review, it was recommended that a warning on the risk of breast cancer should be included in the product information for all medicines containing finasteride.”

4. Swedish Medical Products Agency — Male breast cancer now an official side effect

**broken link removed**

“Breast cancer has been reported in men taking finasteride 1 mg during the post-marketing period.”

“In addition, the following have been reported in postmarketing use: persistence of erectile dysfunction after discontinuation of treatment with Propecia; male breast cancer (see section 4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use). has been reported in post-marketing use.”

5. Swedish Medical Products Agency
**broken link removed**

Under “Special Warnings and Precautions for Use “, pg. 2, section 4.4:

“Long-term data on fertility in humans are lacking, and specific studies in subfertile men have not been conducted. The male patients who were planning to father a child were initially excluded from clinical trials. Although, animal studies did not show relevant negative effects on fertility, spontaneous reports of infertility and /or poor seminal quality were received post-marketing…”

- Breast cancer has been reported in men taking finasteride 1 mg during the post-marketing period.

Under “Undesirable Side Effects”, pg. 3, section 4.8:

- persistence of erectile dysfunction after discontinuation of treatment with PROPECIA
- male breast cancer ”

6. Youtube – Swedish TV Investigation into permanent Propecia side effects
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXWVTStnHs]Propecia, Proscar, Finasteride -- PERMANENT SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS - YouTube[/ame]

7. Youtube – PERMANENT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION NOW OFFICIAL IN EUROPE
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIDM2N1MuWw]Propecia, Finasteride - PERMANENT SIDE EFFECTS OFFICIAL IN EU - Swedish TV update - YouTube[/ame]

8. Youtube – Dr. John Crisler speaking about permanent Finasteride side effects
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGCTMtlgoc]PERMANENT PROPECIA, FINASTERIDE SIDE EFFECTS: The Post Propecia Syndrome - YouTube[/ame]

8. Hair loss medicine may cause permanent erection problems
**broken link removed**

9. Dr. Alan Jacobs – A Neuroendocrine Approach To Finasteride Side Effects In Men
A Neuroendocrine Approach To Finasteride Side Effects In Men - alan jacobs md's blog

10. Dr. Alan Jacobs – The Plot Thickens, Along With The Hair, When You Mess With Dihydrotestosterone
The Plot Thickens, Along With The Hair, When You Mess With Dihydrotestosterone - alan jacobs md's blog

11. Dr. Alan Jacobs – A Proposed Mechanism For Prolonged Sexual Side Effects From Finasteride
A Proposed Mechanism For Prolonged Sexual Side Effects From Finasteride - alan jacobs md's blog

12. Italy – Alarm for baldness drug
Google Translate

Finasteride ruined my HPTA completely, and made me suddenly start converting test to E2 at a high rate, and killed my free test levels. Felt like chemical castration, and nearly destroyed a perfectly healthy libido at age 23.

For every one of me there are 10 or 100 guys who notice no side effects, but there are the select group that get really messed up by this drug.

DHT is very important on a number of levels, including cognitive function. To this day, my DHT runs at the lower range instead of the higher range, where it was.

With all this rant over, Finasteride will stop the conversion of compounds by 5-ar. With test, this will stop the conversion to DHT. Theoretically it will not have any effect on DHT-based steroids like masteron, because it stops the conversion, it does not actually stop the effect of dht on the scalp, and these compounds likely already interact directly with the scalp tissue.

There are also drugs that reduce to more benign compounds via 5-ar, such as deca reducing to dihydronandrolone (DHN), so in these cases Finasteride would harm more than it would help. The theory there being that nandrolone is harmful to the hair, but DHN is not, so stopping the conversion to DHN will actually be more harmful to the hair than allowing nanrdolone to reduce to DHN via 5-AR would be.

In a nutshell, depends on your body and the compounds you want to use.

finasteride did the same to me. A very very evil drug that i wished I never took. for anyone thinking about using it, check out PROPECIAHELP: Persistent Finasteride Propecia Proscar side effects info & forum

Some people have permanent sexual side effects from it and gyno. Is it worth that to save a few hair follicles? i had the same sexual side effects at 0.25mg that i did at 1mg a day. a very powerful drug

Last edited:
So what.would one reference as a safer alternative than using fina?

So what.would one reference as a safer alternative than using fina?

I don't mean any disrespect the anti finasteride folks above, but the men who claim to have experienced these side effects are a tiny percentage of those who use the medication, and there has yet to be a satisfactory explanation for their symptoms. On the AAS boards in particular, we are taking all kinds of compounds that play havoc with our HTPA, so it's very difficult to pin the blame one particular drug, finasteride, which has a very short half life of 6 hours.

The bottom line is that there are only 2 drugs which have been proven to slow MPB and regrow hair: finasteride and minoxidil. There are other things that may help, like 2% Nizoral, but fin and minox are your best bets.

I don't mean any disrespect the anti finasteride folks above, but the men who claim to have experienced these side effects are a tiny percentage of those who use the medication, and there has yet to be a satisfactory explanation for their symptoms. On the AAS boards in particular, we are taking all kinds of compounds that play havoc with our HTPA, so it's very difficult to pin the blame one particular drug, finasteride, which has a very short half life of 6 hours.

The bottom line is that there are only 2 drugs which have been proven to slow MPB and regrow hair: finasteride and minoxidil. There are other things that may help, like 2% Nizoral, but fin and minox are your best bets.

finasteride killed my libido instantly before i ever used gear. when i stopped finasteride, the libido came back (thankfully). So it was the cause. I guarantee you the vast majority of people on propeciahelp.com are NOT on gear, they just want to save their hair.

Last edited:
I'm prone to MPB.

1 mg fina does nothing for me while on 250 test ew.

I had to go for 0.5 mg dutasteride to not lose hair.

It all depends on how prone you are; your genetics.

I've heard that 0.5 mg dutasteride + 5 mg finasteride for every 250 mg's of test should be sufficient. Seen calculations on this model on UK boards.

Nizoral is not that powerful that it will protect someone who is prone from the increased levels of dht in the scalp from juicing. But there is a study from Japan that claims it has some protection against hair loss. (This study is of course not done with men with suprafysiological levels of testosterone.)

Minoxidil promotes growth, like muck in your garden. Minoxidil does not protect from dht or hormones.

If you are prone to MPB and value your hair - go with test AND dutasteride+finasteride.
Perhaps deca only may work, but that route seems to have some major drawbacks regarding libido and mood.

Maybe I'll try nizoral first...my luck fina would fuck me!

There's no reason NOT to use Nizoral, but the evidence that will combat MPB is slim. The active ingredient is a known antiandrogen, but I wouldn't rely on that as your primary line of defense.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131