over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hamburger Helper for dieting—YES U CAN

TheOtherOne55

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Hey what's up guys.

Thought I'd throw a recipe that I used MULTIPLE times a week on here.
I've always grown up a HUGE Hamburger Helper fan but know that it's not the healthiest of things to eat.
So i made some substitutions....

-1lb ground beef....brown in pan and rinse with HOT water...cuts down fat
-1 box Hamburger Helper....you are only using the seasoning packet (luckily these things are like $2 at the grocery store)
-1 bag broccoli slaw or 1 head of cauliflower....either of these can be used in place of the pasta.

Then combine—what makes HH so high in cals is the pasta and the fat from the ground beef. We are draining the beef and adding slaw or mashed cauliflower.

I'm actually eating "Double Cheeseburger Cauliflower Helper" and it's freakin delicious....about 70+ grams of protein...under 25 grams of carbs...low fat....filling as hell

ENJOY.

Hey what's up guys.

I've always grown up a HUGE Hamburger Helper fan but know that it's not the healthiest of things to eat.

-1 box Hamburger Helper....you are only using the seasoning packet (luckily these things are like $2 at the grocery store)
-1 bag broccoli slaw or 1 head of cauliflower....either of these can be used in place of the pasta.

Then combine—what makes HH so high in cals is the pasta and the fat from the ground beef. We are draining the beef and adding slaw or mashed cauliflower.

I'm actually eating "Double Cheeseburger Cauliflower Helper" and it's freakin delicious....about 70+ grams of protein...under 25 grams of carbs...low fat....filling as hell

ENJOY.

How many mgs of sodium in those packets?

This made my day haha. Oh the easy things that make me happy haha

Curious about the sodium as well.. I think I would add a half cup whole wheat pasta. That's a meal... ima try it very sooooooon.. thanx for the idea

Why not just make your own spice mix if that's the only reason you buy the hamburger helper? Probably cheaper and would definitely have less sodium.

I looked up some of the hamburger helper nutrition facts to get the sodium counts and it looks like the lowest is the Asian Beef fried rice, which has 300mg per serving and 5 servings per box. This is the only one that low, most of them are 550mg per serving and up with some 700mg+. They all have five servings per box so you are talking no less than 2,750mg sodium (with the exception of the Asian beef stir fry) if you use the entire flavor packet...

Odd

odd lol I just thought of this idea today when cooking for the family, I did pretty much did everything you did and added tons of Cauliflower but switched out the ground beef for chicken breasts , I have a meat grinder so I cut up and thaw the chicken then turn it into ground chicken breast :headbang: , also my kids wanted something cheesey so I threw in some fat free cheese, nom nom nom!

:star:wars

Last edited:
Hey what's up guys.

ENJOY.

I make something pretty similar once in awhile, using lean burger mixed in with smashed cauliflower and then i add grated parm cheese and Walden's Farm's Ranch dressing on top. You also could use the House Foods Tofu Shirataki Pasta Macaroni which has little to no carbs.

House Foods Tofu Shirataki Pasta Macaroni shape 8oz bag - $2.29 : LoCarbU.com

odd lol I just thought of this idea today when cooking for the family, I did pretty much did everything you did and added tons of Cauliflower but switched out the ground beef for chicken breasts , I have a meat grinder so I cut up and thaw the chicken then turn it into ground chicken breast :headbang: , also my kids wanted something cheesey so I threw in some fat free cheese, nom nom nom!

:star:wars

I fix this dish w/ chicken as well, and use grated parm cheese, scallions, Dijon mustard and a little bit Greek Yogurt on top.

yummy, I am also addicted to hamburgers...

As simple this is, pharm fred right, get your own spices n mix. no salt added.LOL

Not sure about the sodium on those...

I usually dont use a whole packet. 1 packet usually lasts me 2 BIG meals...so 2 1lbs packets of ground beef + 2 heads of cauliflower.

I make my own too, i have some awesome cajun seasoning I add with a little low fat cheese.

Def must try it

sounds good but who the hell knows what they put in there...i might try one with ground turkey

I am actually going to try this.

I think I am going to buy the frozen Steamer bags and cook the brocoli or cauliflower first.

They do have a lot of sodium, but say you divide it up into 4 meals over two days that's not too bad, unless your getting ready for a competition.

Plus it seems like it would break up the routine of bland food.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131