over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hammer Strength Equip?

beetlejuice

Newbies
One of the personal trainers at my gym this morning told me that Hammer Strength Equipment is useless for gaining strength and size, that it's only intended to give definition. I believe that there is nothing better than free weights to build size and strength, but I always thought that HS machines were the next best thing, like if you don't have a spotter, or want to isolate a particular muscle group better. Is this little prick know what he's talking about?

beetlejuice said:
One of the personal trainers at my gym this morning told me that Hammer Strength Equipment is useless for gaining strength and size, that it's only intended to give definition. I believe that there is nothing better than free weights to build size and strength, but I always thought that HS machines were the next best thing, like if you don't have a spotter, or want to isolate a particular muscle group better. Is this little prick know what he's talking about?

are you the BJ out of NY??

far as to your question I think its one of those habbits like a salesmen gets into where they get too stuck on thier unproven opinons and just blabber, they arent "use-less" for example if your stabalizers are so fucked u cannot bench even with clips, its not a BAD idea to start off with the HS equitment

Re: Re: Hammer Strength Equip?

Daveb_19 said:

are you the BJ out of NY??

far as to your question I think its one of those habbits like a salesmen gets into where they get too stuck on thier unproven opinons and just blabber, they arent "use-less" for example if your stabalizers are so fucked u cannot bench even with clips, its not a BAD idea to use also the HS equitment

I have recently injured my shoulder to the point where i cannot use an incline bench, but the hammer incline has still helped me keep my chest size. Yes, I load 5 plates a side(because that is all it holds), but it does not hurt my stablizer muscles in my shoulder.

That personal trainer needs to have an open mind.

Question for Mr. PT

Beetle,

Ask Mr. Trainer what the physiological mechanism is for the different adaptations comparing free weights vs. HS. (Compare doing preacher curls w/ a cambered bar vs. a HS plate-loaded arm curl - same sets, same reps, etc.) I'd also like to see what kind of BS he'll come up with to explain how HS can spot-reduce ("only give definition"). Ought to be pretty interesting.

FYI, tools like that guy are my pet peeve. I'd eat those guys for breakfast, but they're usually so scrawny that they wouldn't make much of a meal.

-Randy

if they are only for definition then why did Dorian do them second in his chest workouts??? after incline presses he always hit the hammer bench press. myself, i think hamer strength is awesome for workouts! an old gym owner of mine(my guru, mentor, and the man-LATS) always drove into my head this-"weight is weight!" he has given me the best chest workout that makes me grow like a weed. after i hit heavy flat db presses, i go to the hammer incline press for 2 hard sets. follow that up with weighted dips or pec dec fly's and that has my chest a screaming! as far as back movements, he thinks hammer rows are for definition? Dorian built one hell of a back incorporating these into his program! your trainer needs to know a little more to come up with dumb theories such as this!

TH

Defination has little to do with training! Its diet! What an ass!
I like some of the HS machines, not others. Its an individual thing!
I think yes, you can build size on them. First best is free weights, next is smith maching. Id say HS is the best line for the normal fixed machines Ive used.

You will be recruiting the same fibers regardless. Definition has nothing to do with excercise selection, it has everything to do with diet. I can get my legs shredded doing squats. Your trainer sounds like a tool.

Typical

I hate those "know it all" trainers, always the dudes that have just a bit of muscle and led themselves to believe they are the next Arnold.

On the HS: I really like the shoulder press and chest press. I know plenty of guys that have put on good quality mass by using this equiptment.

Ditto on what was said by many.

Trainer is misinformed

HS can be used for mass along with free weights.

Hey guys, I'm not the BJ from NY, (live on west coast)
I didn't think this professional trainer knew jack shit, he wouldn't be so damn small if he was so good. Thanks for the input, I agree with all of you, I like to integrate lots of free weight with hammer strength and cables. I like the HS better than most of the other machines, it's just preference. I think all methods work the muscle differently so I don't ever rely on just one.
Lift Hard-----Beetlejuice:D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner