over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hammer Strength Shoulder press

I like to warm up on it as well...

I have a history of rotator cuff problems as many others here do and this machine seems to really work well for me. The hard part is getting the rep started once I get a little heavier so I have to use my right arm to get the left one started.

Overall, much safer for me on shoulder movements. I can feel it isolating the front and medial delt much better than on traditional military press movements.

When I trained at a gym I used this machine never going above 2 plates on each side. Anything more than that and it hurt my shoulders.

I might have to try out this machine. I dont have a lifting parter so its hard getting the DB's above my head

I would never replace it with free weights, but I do like it when it comes to burn outs, or after a injury.

The shoulder press doesn't isolate the shoulders well, to much chest is used in the movement. Nothing beats the bar.

I think this machine is one of the worst Hammer Strength machines, I can only get a decent workout if I do a high rep/low weight workout. It's a machine I use when I go into the gym feeling like crap and don't really want to have that tough of a workout.

For you guys bringing up shoulder pain on this machine, are you using a wide grip?

I love this machine. I'm almost up to 4 plates on both sides. Works my shoulders perfectly

my normal gym doesn't have this but when I work out at work I use it at the end of my work out to just try and burn my shoulders out. I feel DB or MP work much better though.

I use it in rotation with DB and smith machine in my DC routine, so once every 3 shoulder workouts. I find the angle a little odd, but I like it for variety.

I think it makes a better machine for shrugs then shoulders. :D

i dont care for this one much, but i do like the plate loaded version HS mil iso mil press. 150lb stack on each side, its great for burn outs or drop sets.
the free weight HS mil press movement just doesnt seem natural, i figured it was because im so tall but im glad to see others opinions here solidify my findings

frk

Question...

Do any of you guys find you cant lift as much poundage with the HS shoulder and bench press? I like the HS machines but they limit my range of motion and cause some pain in my shoulders if I try to go heavy. I find I can go heavier with free weights or dumbells but I don't feel like it isolates the muscle group as well.

Maybe I answered my own question. Just wanted to get some input from you guys.

I'm a fan of it and use it pretty regularly. I also like the HS back equipment, but am not a fan of the chest pieces.

I am in the middle on this one. A better design would include being able to adjust the back rest forward. I do use it occasionally as a final exercise in a higher rep range, or when super-setting

For you guys bringing up shoulder pain on this machine, are you using a wide grip?

whatever grip I try , I feel the pain.

Works fine as long as i don't try to lockout searching for that last rep(thanks dc). ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws