over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Happy Bday stroke for me

Irondog777

Registered
2 days after I turned 38 I had a mini stroke..Whole right side of my face and body went numb while I was driving down the highway..Scared the shit out of me..looked in the mirror and my right side of my face was sagging..Went to ER they did a bunch of tests only thing that came back out of wack was my Hemoglobin level..it was 19.3...Been doing gear for 12yrs never thought I needed to do blood work..I had been off for 45 days when this happened..So waiting to see a hematologist so they can draw some blood..Cant donate to help lower the Hemoglobin because my levels are too high....So if youre running gear dont wait for the wake up call....Get blood work done on a regular and know whats going on with your body......

Man that sucks. Heal up quickly. My Hemo levels are always high on or off gear. My doctor said it was normal for middle easterns for some reason although I'm technically not middle eastern lol but our genes are so mixed who knows.

you sure it wasn't just bells palsy my fiance got it and it went away in a few weeks with some steroids. her whole face twisted and looks just like a stroke!

get a second opinion.....steroids fixed it in less than a week.

you sure it wasn't just bells palsy my fiance got it and it went away in a few weeks with some steroids. her whole face twisted and looks just like a stroke!

get a second opinion.....steroids fixed it in less than a week.

His Hemoglobin is through the roof. His blood was like maple syrup trying to be sucked through a straw. It was probably a stroke. Although 2nd opinions can never hurt. To the OP how high was your hemocratin?

Man, I hope it works out for you brother! I get bloodwork done every 3 months thru my endo. Better safe then sorry.

I get my levels for everything checked every 6 months. The blood tests are for medication levels for a condition I deal with but I have the doc prescribe tests for everything that matters to us guys and gals on gear. It's kind of freaky though, the tech takes 6-7 vials(or whatever those things are called) full of blood:eek:
Peace to y'all,
M2M:cool:

WOW. Youre lucky that it wasnt a lot worse, you could have died. This is what ive been preaching about since I had my heart attack a little over 3 yrs ago at your age, 38. High hemoglobin/hematocrit can kill. SOunds like a clot must have formed in your left ventricle and then got pumped up the carotid to your brain. Im surprised they havent given you the phlebotomy already. Do they have you on coumadin now or an injectable anticoagulant? So many guys are just like you were and dont worry about blood tests and this is what can happen. Im glad youre alive. It just sucks that guys like you and I have to have these kind of events happen to realize the dangers. This is why I spend so much time on this board, trying to make others aware.

Thanks for comming on her and telling us this. YOu might have saved a few other guys from the same fate. I hope you listen to the docs and make some changes.

You might be like me and have a blood clotting genetic disorder. I hope they test you for that. i have prothrombin disorder. this shit can kill you, no joke. Im living proof of how dangerous it can be and there are others that have passed that took the proof to their graves.

Dan, sorry to hear that ..im glad youre ok

i just got labwork done

my hemo is at 16.0
hematocrit ..48.3

only thing out of wack was my bun at 22

should i be worry?

Last edited:
Thats a (roughly) 58 plus hematocrit.
Toss in whether you were severely dehydrated while driving and as Maldorf said a genetic component and its a fuse ontop of dynamite.

Sadly though, I would be willing to bet that quite a few bodybuilders on this forum and on these message boards, jacking stuff hard (like high dose eq among other things) have 58 plus hematocrit and 19.5 plus hemoglobin and skirt life changing events frequently (and some dont).

I am amazed at the number of people jacking gear who have no idea of their kidney liver and hematocrit/hemoglobin values and go on the "well i feel ok so everything must be ok" principle

Last edited:

i just got labwork done

my hemo is at 16.0
hematocrit ..48.3

should i be worry?

Nope

i just got labwork done

my hemo is at 16.0
hematocrit ..48.3

only thing out of wack was my bun at 22

should i be worry?

Those numbers are great. THe only thing that would concern me would be what are your doses like now and how long have you been on. If youre on a low cruise dose now and havent blasted in awhile then I would be very sure to get a CBC done right at the very end of your blast. Just be sure to test yourself during the worst case scenario, when your numbers will be at their worst so you know just how bad it could get.

Your numbers might be ok now, but how high do they get during a blast? If you haven been cruising very long the numbers can climb too. To be safe I would do a CBC at least 4x a year if youre on most of the time.

Your numbers now look great.

how is a person suppose to get blood work done with no health insurance?? which is my case any one know what a doctor is goin rape you for on price$$$$???

directlabs.com cbc and i know they came and gave everyone here at pro muscle a discount code to use a while back

looked some up

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
how is a person suppose to get blood work done with no health insurance?? which is my case any one know what a doctor is goin rape you for on price$$$$???
you can go to your local red cross and donate blood for free and they will check your hematocrit level or if you want a more thorough blood work for free you can apply for life insurance and they will provide you with complete blood work which includes cholesterol,kidney and liver function and all that other good stuff

WOW. Youre lucky that it wasnt a lot worse, you could have died. This is what ive been preaching about since I had my heart attack a little over 3 yrs ago at your age, 38. High hemoglobin/hematocrit can kill. SOunds like a clot must have formed in your left ventricle and then got pumped up the carotid to your brain. Im surprised they havent given you the phlebotomy already. Do they have you on coumadin now or an injectable anticoagulant? So many guys are just like you were and dont worry about blood tests and this is what can happen. Im glad youre alive. It just sucks that guys like you and I have to have these kind of events happen to realize the dangers. This is why I spend so much time on this board, trying to make others aware.

Thanks for comming on her and telling us this. YOu might have saved a few other guys from the same fate. I hope you listen to the docs and make some changes.

You might be like me and have a blood clotting genetic disorder. I hope they test you for that. i have prothrombin disorder. this shit can kill you, no joke. Im living proof of how dangerous it can be and there are others that have passed that took the proof to their graves.

Not on anything right now..Taking some aspirin and drinking alot of water..Cant get in to see the Hematologist for a week..They put me on an IV at the hospital to get fluids in me..dropped the Hemoglobin level down to 17.2 but by the time I made it to donate blood it had climbed right back up..Didnt have much fluid intake the day it happened..But have been taken in as much fluids as I can since released from hospital and it hasnt lowered my Hemoglobin level..So hopefully Ill be cool until I get the phlebotomy....No more living my life like im immortal..

glad to hear you are doing ok....that sounds like scary stuff. However what you described sounds like a TIA....transient ischemic attack. Strokes don't fix themselves, you would have to start medicine to break up the clot...a transient ischemic attack is...transient...happens and then it resolves. Good that this prompted you to get your H+H in line though. Something must be really weird with me...even on a high trt dose (through my doc) of 300mg a week...I'm still anemic...meaning my H+H are lower than the low side of normal...I guess I should be thankful

2 days after I turned 38 I had a mini stroke..Whole right side of my face and body went numb while I was driving down the highway..Scared the shit out of me..looked in the mirror and my right side of my face was sagging..Went to ER they did a bunch of tests only thing that came back out of wack was my Hemoglobin level..it was 19.3...Been doing gear for 12yrs never thought I needed to do blood work..I had been off for 45 days when this happened..So waiting to see a hematologist so they can draw some blood..Cant donate to help lower the Hemoglobin because my levels are too high....So if youre running gear dont wait for the wake up call....Get blood work done on a regular and know whats going on with your body......

Just out of curiosity.....typically how many mg/week cycles were you running before this happened? Were you "on" all the time, or did you take time off in between cycles?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws