over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hard time finding decent budget adjustable bench

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So as for the home gym Chinese-Beer-Flu-Apocalypse build, I got an awesome deal on some used plates. 6 45 lb plates off facebook marketplace for $180. They're mixed brands but I somehow got lucky and the largest variance off 45 lbs is 9 ounces.
TDS Power rack has been ordered along with a decent Barbell.

The bench though. I'm having so much trouble finding a decent budget adjustable bench. I've heard horrible things about the Titan fitness one but it is in my budget at only $124 but everything else seems out of stock. The AB-3000, Cap Barbell....all out of stock everywhere I look. I don't want to spend more than $250 right now and yeah I know that's not much for an adjustable bench but it's what I can spend right now.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I haven't had any luck on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist this week plus, I'd like to buy new unless im getting real commercial grade.

If it comes down to it, I'll just get a flat bench for now but I'd rather buy what I want instead of settle.

This is the one I have and it is built really heavy. Good bench. Ive had it for about 15 years now. Not a single issue. It still looks brand new. $219. Its coming from NY though, not sure if there are any delays. Doesn't say out of stock. The way it is built, you can even go decline on it. I think the leg curl attachment is extra. I have a leg curl/leg extension attachment for mine that allows you to do both. The attachment is good for curls, a bit wobbly for doing really heavy extensions.

This is the one I have and it is built really heavy. Good bench. Ive had it for about 15 years now. Not a single issue. It still looks brand new. $219. Its coming from NY though, not sure if there are any delays. Doesn't say out of stock. The way it is built, you can even go decline on it. I think the leg curl attachment is extra. I have a leg curl/leg extension attachment for mine that allows you to do both. The attachment is good for curls, a bit wobbly for doing really heavy extensions.

I was looking at that but I'm really not sure about the seat pad for flat/ incline pressing. I'm 5'7" and I think the 20 inch hieght may present a bit of an issue on flat presses.

I might have to give in and buy a really sturdy flat bench and keep an eye out for the adjustable.

Cheap and should be fine.

Delivery is june.
I'm either going to roll the dice for the titan bench and hope it's not as bad as I heard at $124 even if it's bad I can deal with it for a bit). Or buy a flat and just save up for a rogue.

Delivery is june.
I'm either going to roll the dice for the titan bench and hope it's not as bad as I heard at $124 even if it's bad I can deal with it for a bit). Or buy a flat and just save up for a rogue.

I didn't realize because I am in a different country and it automatically loads up and just states I can't buy it because of my location. I had 2 pop up yesterday on FB and IG but I can't find them (been looking). One of them looked half decent and was only $70 and you could do leg extensions and curls on it as well. Granted that is almost too cheap but I was surprised and would probably buy it myself if I had the room for it.

I was looking at that but I'm really not sure about the seat pad for flat/ incline pressing. I'm 5'7" and I think the 20 inch hieght may present a bit of an issue on flat presses.

I might have to give in and buy a really sturdy flat bench and keep an eye out for the adjustable.
Yeah, being short might not be good. I'm 6 foot tall but fine. My wife's feet dont touch the ground on it,but she's only 5 foot. Not sure why the chinese built that thing so high, it like they think we are all 6 foot or taller!

While its not cheap and hard to find right now, not sure if it was discontinued, i have a xmark xm-7472, runs about $350. Absolutely love it. 1500lb max weight limit. Also purchased the preacher curl attachment for it.

Delivery is june.
Agreed a flat is better than none

That's why I bought a flat, budgeting,

If my gym doesn't open , Ill probably get an adjustable

I notice the titan adjustable fid bench looks good. It costs $200 (can do monthy payments as well) but it states it's expected to ship on the 20th April. The cheaper one you mentioned also gives a date of the 20th April.

I found this but the max weight limit is 300lb total :eek:

**broken link removed**

I'd just drop 100 and get a flat, what exercises do you need an incline? They are big $$. Somehow I found this one on fb for 25 bucks. I was benching 185 incline n felt....ok...not like it would collapse. Any guesses on how much weight I can safely bench on this?

Because apparently I have incredible OCD I've been doing homework all day. Based on as many reviews as I could find. For budget this seems to keep making top 5 on every review list I find.
I ordered this...
**broken link removed**

And I'll get notified when this is back in stock so I can just get it and call it a day.
**broken link removed**

I'll be taking a half day tomorrow to clear out the garage and put in the flooring...fyi horse stall mats are where it's at. 6 x 8 foot piece is $39 at tractor supply.
I only have enough weight to go up to 315 which is fine for now because of my schedule I'm pretty put of shape. But now I'll be able to train more than 2 days a week.
I'll pick up extra plates here and there when they go on sale and or things open back up. For now I'm going to completely forget about dumbells unless I can find a deal on facebook or craigslist.

I figure if I'm benching squatting and deadlifting near 500 i wont complain. I'd be happy to get a standing shoulder strict press to 225 with my injury so I'd say I should be good to go.

Because apparently I have incredible OCD I've been doing homework all day. Based on as many reviews as I could find. For budget this seems to keep making top 5 on every review list I find.
I ordered this...
**broken link removed**

And I'll get notified when this is back in stock so I can just get it and call it a day.
**broken link removed**

I'll be taking a half day tomorrow to clear out the garage and put in the flooring...fyi horse stall mats are where it's at. 6 x 8 foot piece is $39 at tractor supply.
I only have enough weight to go up to 315 which is fine for now because of my schedule I'm pretty put of shape. But now I'll be able to train more than 2 days a week.
I'll pick up extra plates here and there when they go on sale and or things open back up. For now I'm going to completely forget about dumbells unless I can find a deal on facebook or craigslist.

I figure if I'm benching squatting and deadlifting near 500 i wont complain. I'd be happy to get a standing shoulder strict press to 225 with my injury so I'd say I should be good to go.
You get the horse mats yet? Those things are heavy and extremely awkward to handle. Definitely helps to have a second hand.

You get the horse mats yet? Those things are heavy and extremely awkward to handle. Definitely helps to have a second hand.

I got a bunch from Tractor Supply Company about 10'ish years ago for a room in our house for the wife to train, and hell yes, they suck moving around! lol

They are good quality though. I took them out of the house and used them on the cement flooring in the shed I built...as she wasn't even using them in the room...and also that room is now for our daughter.

I just ordered a 800-1000# squat rack that should be coming in next weekend. I'm gonna go buy some more mats to use under the rack on our patio...hopefully TSC is open though...

So as for the home gym Chinese-Beer-Flu-Apocalypse build, I got an awesome deal on some used plates. 6 45 lb plates off facebook marketplace for $180. They're mixed brands but I somehow got lucky and the largest variance off 45 lbs is 9 ounces.
TDS Power rack has been ordered along with a decent Barbell.

The bench though. I'm having so much trouble finding a decent budget adjustable bench. I've heard horrible things about the Titan fitness one but it is in my budget at only $124 but everything else seems out of stock. The AB-3000, Cap Barbell....all out of stock everywhere I look. I don't want to spend more than $250 right now and yeah I know that's not much for an adjustable bench but it's what I can spend right now.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I haven't had any luck on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist this week plus, I'd like to buy new unless im getting real commercial grade.

If it comes down to it, I'll just get a flat bench for now but I'd rather buy what I want instead of settle.
That's a great deal on those plates! Cheapest I can find is $1 a pound so far. I wanted to get some dumbbells, but they're either really expensive or you have to wait until May sometime. Couple weeks ago I've went to two targets and two walmarts which both said they had them in store, which they didn't. After seeing how frantic and chaotic everyone was, I picked up 5 boxes of 12 gauge buckshot and a good hacksaw.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws