YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hard To Believe...Dorian Won His 1st Olympia 20 Years Ago This Year!

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The 90s had the best combination of both size, shape and conditioning. Flex Wheeler, Paul Dillett, Chris Cormier, Kevin Levrone and Shawn Ray were all amazing compared to some of the guys you see in the top 10 at the Mr O today. Hopefully Phil Heath becoming Mr O can bring the same look back.

Yep Dorian Definitely inspired me not just with his physique but his training !! :)

my personal favorite. As if you can't tell? :D

I think you meant "This day" ?????

20 years already? Damn! Dorian was the first bodybuilder that made me say "holy shit" when I saw him take it to that next level.

thanks for reminding me Im old..

Lol I know right Lex damm 20yrs wow. He and Paul DeMayo were my favs back then. Was a big Francious fan to. Sorry bad spelling. Damm I remember seeing Demayo is a Metrx shirt with sleeves cutoff and cuttoff jean shorts posing with legs the size of tree trunks at muscle beach a truely amazing experience.

Looking back....time effin' flies by:(

Those were good days back then....speaking only for myself because everything was still new and exciting. I was still in HS.

Time does fly. 10 years ago this year, I changed this site's name from professionalbodybuilding.com to professionalmuscle.com

thanks for reminding me Im old..

LOL! Sorry Lex!!:)

Actually, I remember when Haney won his first Olympia! That's the year I bought my first bodybuilding magazine and started working out!! So, don't worry Lex, you're not alone!!

In the '92 Olympia video, Dorian looks a little "lean". It's amazing how much mass he packed on in the coming years!

Time does fly. 10 years ago this year, I changed this site's name from professionalbodybuilding.com to professionalmuscle.com

It must feel good to look back and say, "I made the right decision!" Ten years later and still goin' strong!!

It's funny how times have changed.
Kevin Levrone was a local hero to many of us in MD, he had won the 1991 Nationals and placed third in his first pro show -Chicago Pro and then won the NOC. He was the front runner for the Olympia against Dorian held in Finland that year. We were desperate to find out who won-a couple of guys knew someone that knew kevin's wife or brother or training partner etc but all those people weren't home in Glen Burnie they were over in Finland so we decided to get together and we called Gold's Gym in Venice the Sunday after the Olympia. We got hung up on 3 times by some dumb chicks and finally we called back and asked for Kent Keun and he told us the top ten.
Between the 411 call and the long distance calls to California I think the charge was $35. The owner was furious when he found out later and we paid the bill.

Can you guys imagine waiting until the magazines came out 3-4 weeks after the shows to see pictures now?

We are so spoiled now a few years ago I read an article how the hgh school kids said email was "too slow" and obsolete. LOL

Funny speaking of Levrone ...next year...2013 will be a decade since he retired in 2003.
Time flyyyyyyyyyssssss.

This June, right? I can't believe it has been 10 years!

20 years already? Damn! Dorian was the first bodybuilder that made me say "holy shit" when I saw him take it to that next level.

Not the first for me brick for sure the most profound holyshit to ever come from me. Thanks T

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws