over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hardcore BB diet

myosaurus

Registered
hardcore BB diet
is there anyone here who go low to zero carbs offseason? say, 4500-5500cal/day? I know I do better on lower, not zero, carbs in precontest dieting(30% of total calories from carbs). my offeason cal was around 4500(40/30/30) but I feel I need more to grow. so I'm wondering if I should increase total calories from all 3 macro nutrients keeping 40/30/30 ratio or just increase carbs pushing ratios to more like 45/30/25 or even 50/30/20. I'm hearing about some guys growing pretty well eating only 200-250g protein/day and these are big guys(240-250lbs pretty lean). don't wanna over eat protein and put anymore strain on kidneys than it already is from AAS. since I've been on high protein for years, maybe I should drop protein and go very high carbs? I know I grew well on it when I was young. or should I go high calorie/high protein/low carb? the letter is the only diet that I haven't tried. thx in advance to anyone who chime in.

I am bulking to get to 250 and I will be doing mod protein, high carbs and mod fat. For cutting I would lower carbs gradually and increase protein as a result. Carbs are protein sparing. Everyone is different but my personal fav carbs are fruit, rice and sweet potatoes.

hardcore BB diet
is there anyone here who go low to zero carbs offseason? say, 4500-5500cal/day? I know I do better on lower, not zero, carbs in precontest dieting(30% of total calories from carbs). my offeason cal was around 4500(40/30/30) but I feel I need more to grow. so I'm wondering if I should increase total calories from all 3 macro nutrients keeping 40/30/30 ratio or just increase carbs pushing ratios to more like 45/30/25 or even 50/30/20. I'm hearing about some guys growing pretty well eating only 200-250g protein/day and these are big guys(240-250lbs pretty lean). don't wanna over eat protein and put anymore strain on kidneys than it already is from AAS. since I've been on high protein for years, maybe I should drop protein and go very high carbs? I know I grew well on it when I was young. or should I go high calorie/high protein/low carb? the letter is the only diet that I haven't tried. thx in advance to anyone who chime in.

Myo do you plan on competing again?

Without carbs, you'll gain less than HALF of the muscle that you would WITH carbs.

Carbs > protein

carbs = energy

protein = anabolism

fat = function

I am bulking to get to 250 and I will be doing mod protein, high carbs and mod fat. For cutting I would lower carbs gradually and increase protein as a result. Carbs are protein sparing. Everyone is different but my personal fav carbs are fruit, rice and sweet potatoes.
that's what seems most logical to me.
Myo do you plan on competing again?
maybe...;)
Without carbs, you'll gain less than HALF of the muscle that you would WITH carbs.

Carbs > protein

carbs = energy

protein = anabolism

fat = function

I agree. this is why I'm asking in this thread, as I've never bulked with low carb before. also 2500 cal from fat(277g fat) just don't seem healthy to me.
thx for the reply fellas!

Carbs > protein

carbs = energy

protein = anabolism

fat = function

But this is not the case when you're in ketosis... so what of bulking when you're on a super low carb diet with periodic carb-ups in order to refill muscle glycogen? In other words, what of a cyclic ketogenic diet for bulking?

But this is not the case when you're in ketosis... so what of bulking when you're on a super low carb diet with periodic carb-ups in order to refill muscle glycogen? In other words, what of a cyclic ketogenic diet for bulking?

Bulking without carbohydrates is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen someone do. It is so far from OPTIMAL it's not even funny. Cortisol control, glycogen, protein synthesis, all better with carbs than without. Greater nitrogen retention, amino acid sparing, more energy and better recovery, I could go on..

Last edited:
Totally agree here. It's pretty hard to bulk when you are so worn out from no carbs that you can't even lift.

No carbs for getting ripped is a temporary fix at best. Good for ramping up insulin sensitivity on a temporary basis as well. Long term, it only works if you are cut out for it. There are many different forms but all seem like a band-aid over another problem. i.e. "you got too fat in the offseason", or "you aren't allowing enough time to diet into a show properly".

Bulking without carbohydrates is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen someone do. It is so far from OPTIMAL it's not even funny. Cortisol control, glycogen, protein synthesis, all better with carbs than without. Greater nitrogen retention, amino acid sparing, more energy and better recovery, I could go on..

I did the no carb diet for my contest. I went from 268 to 230 in a month. lost so much size.

x2

I know people get good results with keto diets. But I don't care how many stories I read I think having no carbs for bulking is stupid. I learn everyday and of course opinions change but this one is staying with me for life.

Well put. :headbang:

hmmm... carb vs no carb... loving the debate! plz keep it coming fellas! much appreciated..:D

sounds like there are those who responds to no carb diet for growth whereas others just waste away on it... now the question is, what body type, or even blood type, respond to no carb diet? I know guys like George Farah tests your blood to determine optimum diet for his clients. would love to know what he looks for when he selects diets for them.

Alot of Carbs+Alot of Protien + Alot of Heavy Workouts = S I Z E .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131