over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hardcore gym in LA?

vladlen3000

Newbies
Where do you local guys go? I know Gold's in Venice is "it", but it's 20 miles from me. I live in the valley, and there's nothing but LA fitness and 24 Hour Fitness around.
I mean this is the place of golden era of bodybuilding, right?
I used to go to 5th ave gym in Brooklyn, NY, but moved here to LA for work and haven't been able to find a gym with a bodybuilding atmosphere
I am looking for something with less soccer mom's and actor and model wannabes. It sucks Vince Gironda gym is no longer here.
I know lots of you live here. Any suggestions?

If you in the valley, POWERHOUSE in Chatsworth is your best bet. Also i GOLDS GYM in Burbank/ studio city pretty hardcore. good luck

Powerhouse is the place to go. I'm actually planning to sign up for membership there sometime this year if my gym doesn't bring in heavier dbs for me. :mad:

Golds North Hollywood is a good gym. Lots of serious minded people, not too many competitors anymore, except yours trully;)

What part of the valley are you currently in? and how far are you willing to drive?

Northridge/The Valley was depressing as heck to live in. The Powerhouse gym is there like stated above, but when I lived near there, the enrollment and monthly dues were outrageous. There was a 24-Hr in Van Nuys.

Good Luck!

BMJ

I live in Studio City. I've been to Golds in North Hollywood (on Laurel Canyon) but wasn't thrilled with the vibe. It looks kinda...dead (no disrespect Alex A).
Chatsowrth - now that's the heart of the valley lol, I am gonna check it out one if these days.
I am currently signed up to LA fitness and usually go to the Universal City location. I am also a ballys member for over 10 years. Can't seem to find that old school vibe here thought

I am also a ballys member for over 10 years. Can't seem to find that old school vibe here thought

Ha ha ha lol.
Man, that was funny.
Ya think?

There are no hardcore gyms around here, it's just not that kind of place in the valley.
When I lived in Studio City I worked out at the LA Fitness on Coldwater Canyon.
Of course it's not hardcore, but they have plenty of equipment to get the job done.
You just have to make it hardcore yourself.
I do miss the Hammer Strength shrug machine they have there, I haven't seen one since.
Great for doing deadlifts.

**broken link removed**

Its in a shopping center on Reseda Blvd. It's pretty basic..

LA fitness on coldwater? Are you series? I live a mile away and I despise that gym. A bunch of 60 year olds playing racket ball while their wives are doing yoga. The worst smith machine I have ever seen! Tiny weight room, makes me feel clostrophobic. It's just depressing.
I'd rather do push ups at home then go there.
The one in Universal City is better. I am thinking of checking out that golds in North Hollywood. I've been to the one in West Hollywood...nice gym but a little too gay for me.
I wish I lived in Venice so I can just go to the mecca :D
I am curious how far would you guys travel to go to a decent gym? Is 40 min ride too far?

Live ine Vegas but used to go to the valley for work a lot, the Los Angeles Barbell club rite off the 5 in Burbank. Mainly a powerlifitng gym, but hardcore for
sure. They dont even have showers.

If you lived in SF the only hardcore gyms you would find would also be hardcore gay.

Dudes, huge, juiced doing squats with feather boas on. I am not exaggerating, I have seen this. Its one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131