YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone done water fasting while on DNP?

I'm not going to debate fasting, I'm sure there are many benefits on the spectrum of health but how can one be a bodybuilder fasting 23 hours a day? I ask because this board is supposed to be about bodybuilding.
As a short term strategy in the presence of sufficient androgen load it’s probably not the worst idea for a drastic cut, but that’s probably about it.

Long term? Not great fit bodybuilding, I agree.

To the OP - Your question isn't really getting answered but in all sincerity...

With that many DNP runs you know your body pretty damn well at this point, I doubt many of us have ran DNP with the same experiential level as you. Keep an eye on your metrics that matter and be safe with it. Unfortuantely no data to really present in a case like this. Just be safe brother and let us know how it goes.

**I have used DNP 15-20 times over the last 20 years**

I do some water fasts of 24 hours - 5 days max while not on DNP

Just wondering if anyone has done short term fasts on DNP? I would love to hear the results. I am thinking of doing a 72 hour fast @ my current dose of 500mg per day.

I have done 18 hour fasts on dnp long long ago with 1000 calories at the end of the day.

What results are you looking for?

I dont think it really did anything magical.

For those 10 days I sat on the couch and counted down the days, hours, minutes until I was finished the run.

That's the majority of dnp cycles actually lol. But the fasting one was way worse. Results wise it worked but I wouldn't do it again. Wasnt worth it.

The abstract of the first article supports both fasting and calorie restriction. Time and time again you make very confident claims but you fail to back them up. What are your credentials to make you so confident in your strongly stated absolutes? Since you must have read the entire article you should post up the quantitative experimental results that show some insignificant difference between fasting and calorie restrictiuon on marker of autophagy, toxin elimination since you claim there is no advantage of autophagy over calorie restriction.

Ageing Res Rev. 2018 Nov;47:183-197.
doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2018.08.004. Epub 2018 Aug 30.

The effect of fasting or calorie restriction on autophagy induction: A review of the literature​

Mohammad Bagherniya 1 , Alexandra E Butler 2 , George E Barreto 3 , Amirhossein Sahebkar 4

Affiliations

Abstract​

Autophagy is a lysosomal degradation process and protective housekeeping mechanism to eliminate damaged organelles, long-lived misfolded proteins and invading pathogens. Autophagy functions to recycle building blocks and energy for cellular renovation and homeostasis, allowing cells to adapt to stress. Modulation of autophagy is a potential therapeutic target for a diverse range of diseases, including metabolic conditions, neurodegenerative diseases, cancers and infectious diseases. Traditionally, food deprivation and calorie restriction (CR) have been considered to slow aging and increase longevity. Since autophagy inhibition attenuates the anti-aging effects of CR, it has been proposed that autophagy plays a substantive role in CR-mediated longevity. Among several stress stimuli inducers of autophagy, fasting and CR are the most potent non-genetic autophagy stimulators, and lack the undesirable side effects associated with alternative interventions. Despite the importance of autophagy, the evidence connecting fasting or CR with autophagy promotion has not previously been reviewed. Therefore, our objective was to weigh the evidence relating the effect of CR or fasting on autophagy promotion. We conclude that both fasting and CR have a role in the upregulation of autophagy, the evidence overwhelmingly suggesting that autophagy is induced in a wide variety of tissues and organs in response to food deprivation.

The abstract of the first article supports both fasting and calorie restriction. Time and time again you make very confident claims but you fail to back them up. What are your credentials to make you so confident in your strongly stated absolutes? Since you must have read the entire article you should post up the quantitative experimental results that show some insignificant difference between fasting and calorie restrictiuon on marker of autophagy, toxin elimination since you claim there is no advantage of autophagy over calorie restriction.

Ageing Res Rev. 2018 Nov;47:183-197.
doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2018.08.004. Epub 2018 Aug 30.

The effect of fasting or calorie restriction on autophagy induction: A review of the literature​

Mohammad Bagherniya 1 , Alexandra E Butler 2 , George E Barreto 3 , Amirhossein Sahebkar 4

Affiliations

Abstract​

Autophagy is a lysosomal degradation process and protective housekeeping mechanism to eliminate damaged organelles, long-lived misfolded proteins and invading pathogens. Autophagy functions to recycle building blocks and energy for cellular renovation and homeostasis, allowing cells to adapt to stress. Modulation of autophagy is a potential therapeutic target for a diverse range of diseases, including metabolic conditions, neurodegenerative diseases, cancers and infectious diseases. Traditionally, food deprivation and calorie restriction (CR) have been considered to slow aging and increase longevity. Since autophagy inhibition attenuates the anti-aging effects of CR, it has been proposed that autophagy plays a substantive role in CR-mediated longevity. Among several stress stimuli inducers of autophagy, fasting and CR are the most potent non-genetic autophagy stimulators, and lack the undesirable side effects associated with alternative interventions. Despite the importance of autophagy, the evidence connecting fasting or CR with autophagy promotion has not previously been reviewed. Therefore, our objective was to weigh the evidence relating the effect of CR or fasting on autophagy promotion. We conclude that both fasting and CR have a role in the upregulation of autophagy, the evidence overwhelmingly suggesting that autophagy is induced in a wide variety of tissues and organs in response to food deprivation.
Time and time again you don’t know how to read. I literally said cr and fasting provide the same benefits.

Fuck do some of you guys just not read everything before you respond.
My whole point which you oddly enough just agreed with is that cr and fasting provide the same benefits.

😂 question, does 2g of test metabolize faster than 200mg?

Point one post since I’ve been here that is incorrect

I think your Alzheimer’s is kicking in

I really don’t understand why people fast. There’s nothing achieved by fasting that doesn’t happen with a simple caloric deficit.
No. I don’t need to fast to know there are no proven benefits in humans that don’t happen with a caloric deficit.
If you felt something that’s probably cortisol or placebo.
What tests did you have ran fasting vs a caloric deficit to prove anything beyond feeling something
I never made the claim that are no possible health benefits.

I have a few thoughts so I will list them out in a random way. I can't help but wonder what are your goals? Now sure DNP so fatloss that should be obvious. I don't understand how someone who eats like you could need DNP. Are you overweight? What are your stats? Bodyfat %? You eat 1 hour per day and every week go on fasts consuming no calories for days. What exactly are you eating in those 1 hour windows? Are you training hard in the gym?

I am all for fasting but your post makes no sense to me. Are you using any aas? Are you very lean and just want to be leaner? In answer to your question no on dnp you would be better eating small but fairly frequent meals. Taking in protein throughout the day. If you want that in 3 or 6 meals it doesn't really matter but definitely not 1 meal. I would evenly space things out and use a diet full of nutrient dense foods. On your current diet in that 1 hour window do you eat any junk food (please be honest)? As posted by USMuscle DNP is fairly muscle sparing in the sense it will burn fat first but if you go all day without food repeatedly it's not going to help matters and your energy levels will likely suffer more.

Every way I look at things you would be better eating through the day and in a calorie deficit whilst drinking plenty of water through the day. Now you could do as you have planned and be fine as long as you stay hydrated throughout the day but I don't think it's the best way to do things. By all means do it if you want but I think you need to step back and reassess.

No. I don’t need to fast to know there are no proven benefits in humans that don’t happen with a caloric deficit.
If you felt something that’s probably cortisol or placebo.
What tests did you have ran fasting vs a caloric deficit to prove anything beyond feeling something
Tests, what tests? If you haven't tried it then give it a go and prove yourself wrong. There is something about fasting in which you body goes through a ton of changes physically, physiologically, mentally and spiritually. I have never shit out a ton of mucus lining from my intestines with a caloric deficit. I have never healed so fast from injury with a caloric deficit. Not sure what you want to hear to prove to you they are nothing a like but there are two different things.

I'm not going to debate fasting, I'm sure there are many benefits on the spectrum of health but how can one be a bodybuilder fasting 23 hours a day? I ask because this board is supposed to be about bodybuilding.
A buddy of mine will change his IF from a 16hr to a 20hr fast during his preps he’s a pro. Don’t ask me how it works for him because I have no idea but it does.

Side note,
If I wanted to die, I’d choose a less painful than no water on DNP

Tests, what tests? If you haven't tried it then give it a go and prove yourself wrong. There is something about fasting in which you body goes through a ton of changes physically, physiologically, mentally and spiritually. I have never shit out a ton of mucus lining from my intestines with a caloric deficit. I have never healed so fast from injury with a caloric deficit. Not sure what you want to hear to prove to you they are nothing a like but there are two different things.

The very large medical institutions with DRs and PHDs that have spent a decade in longevity research, medically fast patients and unhealthy individuals for up to 21 days are doing it all wrong.

This got way off track.

OP….yes you can IF with dnp. If it helps keep heat and hunger down go for it.

But mix up MIO and some salt, maybe a dash of “calm” magnesium tea. Lots of electrolytes are a game changer on dnp

There are drastic metabolic and physiological differences from a
Caloric deficit and long fasts. Drastic.

Now a 14-16h fast? About the same
As a caloric deficit. 24h +
Fast? The body starts doing some nest shit not achieved by diet alone.

Basal insulin levels plummet and ketone levels spike well above what can be achieved from a hypocaloric keto diet.
And? What are achieving ? Same fat loss, insulin literally does not matter if you’re in a calorie deficit

DNP with no water is a slow death..

Write your suicide note before you do it.

I love DNP but do it right bro..

Ive done 16ish+ hrs fasting on DNP.
Basically doing lyle mcdonalds RFL with more fasting and DNP added.
Did i get lean? yeah. Could i have saved a bit more muscle (in my opinion) if i wouldve left DNP or fasting out? Yeah ,

Lol autophagy.
Yeah the same exact health benefits are found in a regular caloric of deficit.
I really cringe at the whole snake oil pseudoscience of these longevity charlatans.
You stated that there exactly the same benefits. Again you avoid your previous statements. I asked that, since you are an expert and must have credentials and thus read the articles that you postred abstract, you must have read at least the top one and there for to please post the data that argues that there is no significant difference between calorie restriction and fastin as far as autophagy and toxin removal. You faile to do that and again resorted to ad hominem attacks as usual. Now I ahve to think you have really no training in science or any real understanding of basic principles. You failed in the high dose BBer thread on steroid metabolism because you didn't understand enzyme up regulation. You fail everywhere and then you twist others words to sow discontent. then when all else fails you claim you were in agreement all along and so what. With a name like Baphomet your behavior doesn't surprise.

Time and time again you don’t know how to read. I literally said cr and fasting provide the same benefits.

Fuck do some of you guys just not read everything before you respond.
My whole point which you oddly enough just agreed with is that cr and fasting provide the same benefits.

😂 question, does 2g of test metabolize faster than 200mg?

Point one post since I’ve been here that is incorrect

I think your Alzheimer’s is kicking in
see my post above.

You stated that there exactly the same benefits. Again you avoid your previous statements. I asked that, since you are an expert and must have credentials and thus read the articles that you postred abstract, you must have read at least the top one and there for to please post the data that argues that there is no significant difference between calorie restriction and fastin as far as autophagy and toxin removal. You faile to do that and again resorted to ad hominem attacks as usual. Now I ahve to think you have really no training in science or any real understanding of basic principles. You failed in the high dose BBer thread on steroid metabolism because you didn't understand enzyme up regulation. You fail everywhere and then you twist others words to sow discontent. then when all else fails you claim you were in agreement all along and so what. With a name like Baphomet your behavior doesn't surprise.
Wait isn’t that exactly what you do? Not surprised with a name like pick a peck.

Read the links I posted.
Reread what you posted.
Now go argue with someone else like Luki who knows what he’s talking about

Guys,

Baphomet36 is a troll. He hasn’t even been here for two weeks and every post he makes is narrow-minded, arrogant, rude, and embarrassing with how little he knows. I didn’t see the comments in the steroid thread, but his dorm room knowledge on training in the Mentzer one is laughable. If we collectively deny his existence, he’ll throw a tantrum and go elsewhere. If he decides to stay anyway, we can start a pool on who kicks him out first; pesty or Bio. I say pesty. A50# possible dark horse.

Guys,

Baphomet36 is a troll. He hasn’t even been here for two weeks and every post he makes is narrow-minded, arrogant, rude, and embarrassing with how little he knows. I didn’t see the comments in the steroid thread, but his dorm room knowledge on training in the Mentzer one is laughable. If we collectively deny his existence, he’ll throw a tantrum and go elsewhere. If he decides to stay anyway, we can start a pool on who kicks him out first; pesty or Bio. I say pesty. A50# possible dark horse.
I’m not a troll.
But if that’s what you think fine.
What did I state that was incorrect in the Mentzer thread?
Arrogant? Okay sure. Rude? Fine. Knowledge of training laughable? That’s far far from the truth.
Ignore me. I’m not going to throw a tantrum.
I’m also not going to back down on what I know is correct just to have people like me or approve

Guys,

I notice a few loud mouth posters/accounts passing shitty info very confidently and this just makes for poor information lingering on the site. Im glad other people notice. Sometimes I get pulled into troll threads and posts until someone makes a post like you just did. Thanks.

The very large medical institutions with DRs and PHDs that have spent a decade in longevity research, medically fast patients and unhealthy individuals for up to 21 days are doing it all wrong.

This got way off track.

OP….yes you can IF with dnp. If it helps keep heat and hunger down go for it.

But mix up MIO and some salt, maybe a dash of “calm” magnesium tea. Lots of electrolytes are a game changer on dnp
Im aware there are quantifiable and testable physiologic perimeters that can be measured and studied and have been done in the past. I just do not see a need for this to prove a point with something so blatantly obvious.

And yea, this thread has become way off topic.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws