over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone felt like this?

topfuel

Registered
I just turned 50 and after 30 plus years of bodybuilding and powerlifting I am losing all desire to go back to the gym. I do not know if it's due to cycling over the years which I didn't do alot of but my doctor advises me not too (What do they know). But I am thinking of maybe starting a small bit of gear to get me back in the mood. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Topfuel

Im kinda in the same boat. Thinking of doing the same as well. Go for it.

I just turned 50 and after 30 plus years of bodybuilding and powerlifting I am losing all desire to go back to the gym. I do not know if it's due to cycling over the years which I didn't do alot of but my doctor advises me not too (What do they know). But I am thinking of maybe starting a small bit of gear to get me back in the mood. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Topfuel

- Have you run out of achievable goals?
- Monotony of gym life getting stale?
- You're older and wiser, and have better things to worry about?
- Something in your life that's been bothering you greatly?

Thank you,
Topfuel

Bro, I know just how you feel. I'll be turning 59 this year, and I've been lifting seriously since I was 21. I didn't start competing until I was 40!!! I hate to admit it, but unless I'm doing a cycle, my motivation is all but gone!!! I hate the lack of desire I have now, because it use to be I couldn't stand to be away from the gym. I still go to the gym on a regular basis, but that super intensitiy I use to have doesn't seem to come to life unless I'm running a big cycle.

Reached my personal goals

That is something to think about. I reached goals I never thought I would reach like becoming state bench press champion but my joints were hurting to much so I hung up the pwerlifting bar and I think it's back to bodybuilding again. I just don't have the motivation like I used to. That's why I asked the original question. What's gets someone motivated after 50?

That is something to think about. I reached goals I never thought I would reach like becoming state bench press champion but my joints were hurting to much so I hung up the pwerlifting bar and I think it's back to bodybuilding again. I just don't have the motivation like I used to. That's why I asked the original question. What's gets someone motivated after 50?
Shit I wished gear would motivate me but it doesn't. Like the poster I'm just tired of training and really have no desire. I can't seem to get myself to even train 2 days a week. Maybe if I had a training partner and didn't train at home it might help, but "that's not going to happen".

Periodization. I was in same boat and I started a 1 lite 1 heavy 1 med 1 heavy monthly split and it really helped me. A lot of what feels MENTAL may be PHYSICAL. As soon as I threw in some easier shit I was able to wrap my head around goin back. Also I've gotten stronger that way. If ya go heavy every week and yer old it may just be too much. Everything aches a tad and you dont FEEL LIKE lifting. I just think a lot of it is a form of overtraining specific to us old bastards.

Sometimes its good to take a month or two away from the gym so you dont get burned out,it can happen with any hobby or interest.

Thanks Fellas

I do appreciate all the advice guys. I will take some time off and then get back to it. Lift hard and stay strong.
Topfuel

maybe you just need a new challenge. try a new training routine.. one that forces you to set new goals and presents you with new challenges. nothing gives me motivation more than a new challenge and there are loads of ways to generate them in this game

I do appreciate all the advice guys. I will take some time off and then get back to it. Lift hard and stay strong.
Topfuel

Consider TRT if you aren't on it already! It can change your life, I'm not talking about staying "on" year round, I'm talking about an actual physiological dose, perhaps with a very small amount of estrogen control.

I've also past the half century mark. The high point of my workouts was in my late 30s and early 40s. Last half of my 40s, I just gave up. It's only in the last 4 months that I've decided to give it one more go...actually lost 35 lbs of fat since January, have ordered my gear and am looking forward to to going hardcore in April.

But I'll tell you, I had to overcome a major depression to make that decision.

I can't speak for you, but I'll tell you what's been going through my head:

"I'm not young anymore. I know how hard I worked back then...and I just can't do that again."

"I'm more than halfway through life, and I have little to show for it. My kids are all on their own, and have their own lives. No one cares what I look like anyway."

"Who am I trying to impress at my age? All these young hardbodies are gonna make me look pitiful...and I'm going to have to lift at 50% at what I used to. I'm gonna want to scream, 'HEY! I used to lift TWICE this!' at everyone."

I could spend $2000 on gear....or blow it on a week of carousing and drinking in Florida. Right now, Florida looks DAMNED good..."

Yeah, I had to overcome all of that defeatist, depression-laced, defeatist shit in my brain. What finally did it was my natural, in-born, New York City In-Your-Face attitude:

NO ONE fuckin' ROCKS like I do, and I can DO this and blow these little TWINKS out of the fuckin water. WATCH ME...I'm going for the Gold and dont give a shit if I die doing it!

Good luck to you buddy. Decide that you're just as mean and ornery and smart and obnoxious and full-of-piss-and-vinegar as you were when you were younger, and you can PROVE it to the WORLD, TOO!

Training natch at our age is not fun. Luckily I'm driven by OCD to go to the gym motivated or not. There is an upside to compulsiveness.

Hot damn I thought I was the only that felt this way! I just turned 46 the first of March, and glad I got an invite from Jello from another board to check this one out ,and the question I had was anti E's while on TRT I got 2 responses! Really? Kudos to Jello on his suggestions, I felt sluggish and little desire to train like I used to,my training partner of 16 years is a NPC BB and he took notice of this as well so I had some blood work done up and my test and free test from being on TRT for 4 years was all at the high end of normal 800 T and 170 free, thyroid function came back good, WTF! Why so sluggish? Lack of desire? Well my RBC count came back high and my Estrogen came back at 103, so after 4 blood Lettings I started to feel a little better and once I get it at a good threshold I'm going to introduce some aromasin at 12.5mg eod and see if this will help on getting back to what I call normal. I've trained very seriously for the last 25 years and I sure didn't come this far to just give it up!. I'm hoping an AI will help on putting balance back in my life?

Good luck on your endeavours and setting new goals, for I've set some for my self.
And thats to get out of this funk.

Hot damn I thought I was the only that felt this way! I just turned 46 the first of March, and glad I got an invite from Jello from another board to check this one out ,and the question I had was anti E's while on TRT I got 2 responses! Really? Kudos to Jello on his suggestions, I felt sluggish and little desire to train like I used to,my training partner of 16 years is a NPC BB and he took notice of this as well so I had some blood work done up and my test and free test from being on TRT for 4 years was all at the high end of normal 800 T and 170 free, thyroid function came back good, WTF! Why so sluggish? Lack of desire? Well my RBC count came back high and my Estrogen came back at 103, so after 4 blood Lettings I started to feel a little better and once I get it at a good threshold I'm going to introduce some aromasin at 12.5mg eod and see if this will help on getting back to what I call normal. I've trained very seriously for the last 25 years and I sure didn't come this far to just give it up!. I'm hoping an AI will help on putting balance back in my life?

Good luck on your endeavours and setting new goals, for I've set some for my self.
And thats to get out of this funk.

Stewie, what form of TRT are u taking? ie patch, inject etc? how much, how often?
I know number of people with similar bloodwork, on TRT shots, that are having the same prob. However, I also know 2 that are pulsing their TRT (morning and lunch sublinguals doses, and a very small progesterone sub lingual with lunch dosage) seem to not be having this prob at all. this is 22 and 14 months in. I dont know if its a Hypothalamic-pituitary issue, or Dopamine/nor-epi etc or just every body is different or what. Their dosage doesnt really lead to much muscle gain, although the 2 of my friends doing this say they feel a strong as the ever did naturally. One friend had BHP, which has cleared up. It should aslo be noted that they take a resveratrol, I3C, DIM supplement, which effects estrogen metabolism positively.

I will be getting to the point where TRT is an option, so this subject is of great interest to me.

No its part of my life I feel like shit without it (workingout). If I cant workout I am waiting for the day that as soon as I can to hit the gym. Usually during deployments its hard sometimes. Maybe you need TRT like already posted maybe you are feeling tired down etc from low T levels. Good luck I will die big die happy die my way if I can help it. MM

Stewie, what form of TRT are u taking? ie patch, inject etc? how much, how often?
I know number of people with similar bloodwork, on TRT shots, that are having the same prob. However, I also know 2 that are pulsing their TRT (morning and lunch sublinguals doses, and a very small progesterone sub lingual with lunch dosage) seem to not be having this prob at all. this is 22 and 14 months in. I dont know if its a Hypothalamic-pituitary issue, or Dopamine/nor-epi etc or just every body is different or what. Their dosage doesnt really lead to much muscle gain, although the 2 of my friends doing this say they feel a strong as the ever did naturally. One friend had BHP, which has cleared up. It should aslo be noted that they take a resveratrol, I3C, DIM supplement, which effects estrogen metabolism positively.

I will be getting to the point where TRT is an option, so this subject is of great interest to me.

My version of TRT:
80mg cyp 2x/week, subQ
6mg aromasin ED
250iu HCG 2x/week (day before cyp)

This works great for me, but I do have a slightly higher aromatase activity than normal due to years of cycling, you may not need this much of an AI, and you may get away with a lower dose of test (50-70mg 2x/week).

Ok, I'm still 20 years behind you, but since I've had the same motivational issues here's what I did:

I went and traveled around the world, did some other stuff for a year. When I was abroad, I visited the gyms there, met some really cool guys that I trained with.

Now that I'm home, I feel "hungrier" to train, but not enough to get my ass to the gym every day. So that's when I decided it was time for step two.

I bought my own little home gym. Nothing special, just a bench that can do incline, flat, and decline.. dumbbells, barbell, and plenty of weights. Now I'm training every day after breakfast, no problem. The only thing I have to do in the gym is deadlifts and squats (didn't buy any protection for the floor or a rack), the rest I can do at home.

It's much easier to go to a room in your house and train before work, than it is to go home from work, tired as fuck.. try to eat something.. take a shower.. change clothes.. drive 20 minutes to the gym... you get the idea.

Now I look forward to working out again.

Last edited:
My version of TRT:
80mg cyp 2x/week, subQ
6mg aromasin ED
250iu HCG 2x/week (day before cyp)

This works great for me, but I do have a slightly higher aromatase activity than normal due to years of cycling, you may not need this much of an AI, and you may get away with a lower dose of test (50-70mg 2x/week).

Hay topfuel I will give my 2cents worth. I am 49 and feeling better most of the time and looking better all of the time than ever and it is probably due to TRT. Blood work is the key. Once you start reading about TRT on some of the other boards you learn that most mental issues are tied to hormones and the only way to know for sure is blood work.
I have been on 40mg test cyp EOD for 160mg/week and have a bit of an E2 issue since I was up to 2mg of arimidex EOD and it was not keeping me below 30 ng/uL ? I’m also using 250 ius HCG eod. This has kept me going strong and making progress in the gym and in my personal life.
There is a lot to understanding how your hormone levels affect you mood but if your mood is off it’s is likely due to a chemical level that can be understood and managed. Just going back on gear without regard for what your blood work looks like is not a good idea.
You can do TRT without a doctor but it’s a good idea to find one. You can save money on your test, AI and HCG by purchasing on your own and even lab work but finding a good doctor is worth it. If you have insurance then you can save a lot but mine has a high deductible now and even when it does cover it I hate to pay the ridiculous prices for arimidex. HCG was not as bad but still over priced and you don’t need much. If you don’t need more than .25mg of an AI eod then it’s not so bad but in my case it got expensive.
Feel free to contact me via PM if you like. I’m no expert on Gear use but I have learned a lot about TRT and happy to help.
And to Kaladryn, I would really like to discuss you E2 problem since I have seem to have a similar problem. As I said, I was up to 2.25 mg of anastrozole EOD and my last lab test came back at something like 32 which was well above the optimum 22 which I have been chasing for a year and half. I kept having to take more and more so I just switched to Exemestane. I’m taking 25mg ED and wondering if its way to much or not. So far I have not noticed anything dramatic but I have never been low with regard to E2 so I’m not sure what to expect. Morning wood is not great but it’s there and not there. It’s seams to be there good if I have taken some tadalafil and I’m told that if your really low even that won’t help.
The only possible low e2 sign I think I’m having is difficulty getting off. That could also be from too high or high prolactin. I started Prami a few weeks back and I’m up to 1mg/day so I’m thinking I should be doing fine with respect to prolactin. So I’m thinking it’s E2 related. I am going to have another blood test done in a week so I guess I’ll know for sure then.

Thanks guys

I think a trip to my doctor sounds like the thing to do. Is there any specific blood tests I should ask him to look at? Let me know guys, I am ready to get back into it!
Thanks,
Topfuel

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear