over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

has anyone here lost 40lbs or more?

people have seen my transformation pics a million times and yes.. i have lost over 40lbs ... actually over 50lbs more than once..

This was a while back and would never want to do that ( unless there was a contest with a lot of money at stake)

I lost overall strength...... but lb per lb i think im just as strong..

For example. I was able to bench 425lb weighing 200lbs... after losing the weight i could bench 340lbs...weighing 165lbs..but looking ten times better.

consider your power to weight ratio.. not just your overall lifting poundage..

If you are in a caloric deficit to lose weight you should expect some strength to be lost. I have lost 40+ lbs in the past and lost some strength.

However, when still eating clean and gaining a little the strength should come back quickly. I think some of my best lifts (certainly lb for lb as already said) have come after I lost weight and then started gaining again.

As stated before I went from benching 475 at 230 and then dieted down to 169. Still eating clean i added back in good carbs. At 175 I was benching 425. I think the 425 bench is the most impressive and I certainly looked the best.

With that being said on Phil's diet i have managed to drop bodyfat and GAIN strength. so I think that can also be done as well. Maybe it depends on your starting point as to which way it goes.

I have lost 40lbs twice. Once I did it over a one year period and strength remained the same or increased a bit. On supplements.

The other time I did it over 3 months and lost maybe 10% strength but was able to reacquire it without weight gain. Again, supplemented.

Please understand I came from a 20% fat percentage down. I was not under 12% trying to get to 4%. I think that had a lot to do with not losing strenght in addition to the supplements. I was losing what was "bad" weight to begin with in a higher proportion than it seems you can do when you start at a better body fat percentage. This is opinion only from my own results and I have no facts to back it up.

Pekkerwood

one of the things that make the most sense here is that pound for pound im probley lifting the same weight compared to my body weight. I have a new appreciation for the guys that are benching 500lbs and only weigh 185!!

i lost about 40 lbs but im stronger now than i was then.

I have a lot of weight as well and the strength aspect did bother me at first....but then I woke up and realized im not a powerlifter. I no longer train or let bother me the weight im pushing, as long as I look like I am able to lift a house thats all that matter haha.

LOL, You guys are worry about your strength. Don't get older, you will not be as strong or will have severe joint problems. I rather look and feel good. You can always lie about how strong you are, but can never lie about how good you look.;)

I don't know Pesty...your pretty damn strong! For me I use to be so concerned about how much I could push up. Then all my training partners we dropping like flies with injuries. I checked my ego at the door and now I focus more on mind-muscle, proper form going as heavy I can to failure. I love this sport and I want to be like Pesty ...training hard, competing and looking great when I hit his age! :D

Hey you didn't have permission to use my "likeness" in this thread. I'm gonna need some compensation for this infraction. :)

LOL. Thats what I thought when I saw that pic too.

But then when I looked closer, I realized I'm not that handsome and I don't have quite as much definition either, so that pic couldn't have been of me.

Could pass for me at a distance though.

:)

If I take my time and cut slowly I dont lose a bunch of strength but if I rush it and go too extreme it hits me hard.

I've recently lost 40 pounds and lost a little strength but not much. Sad thing is I really need to lose another 40....:(

HA HA

LOL, You guys are worry about your strength. Don't get older, you will not be as strong or will have severe joint problems. I rather look and feel good. You can always lie about how strong you are, but can never lie about how good you look.;)

That's what I was thinking. Just wait til you hit 50 !:eek:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08