YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

has anyone severely sprained their wrist? still pretty much useless after 9 weeks!?!?

wizim

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
i sprained my wrist pretty bad 9 weeks ago. i had an x-ray done a few hours after the injury. nothing noted in the images. was told to take it easy for a few weeks. i went on vacation the next day taking 10 days off from everything except drinking, eating and boating.
exactly 2 weeks after the injury i had a second x-ray at the advice of my doc. he said the scaphoid bone will sometimes not show a fracture on x-ray until 2 weeks. negative, no fracture.

ive only been squatting 3-4 days/week for 7 weeks. cant do a damn thing else.

has anyone else severely sprained their wrist? how long before you could use it again? swelling has gone down, range of motion has increased significantly in the last 2-3 weeks but i still get sharp pains if i move it too fast in any direction.

I sprained my wrist last year....took several months before it completely subsided.....couldn't do ANY pressing for a few months

Cause-
1. The wrist tendons, ligaments, cartilage have less blood flow than what a larger joint would have.
2. You can't help but move your wrist in daily activity.

Solution-
1. Brace and compress the wrist, don't let it move during the day
a. If not aggravated apply light soft tissue massage, ultrasound, joint mobilization- NOTE- 1.a. only at times when you have not aggravated the shit out of it.
b. If aggravated- apply R.I.C.E

2. Brace and heat the injured area at night while sleeping, at night we heal and the increased blood flow from the heat will speed the healing.

I've spent months in molded wrist braces and physiotherapy for the said injuries. Good luck and be smart.

said injury was on my last lift of an olympic lifting session. i easily made a squat clean pr at 305lbs (was stuck at 295 forever). after that lift i added a mere 5lbs to the bar. i knew i was going to miss the lift so attempted to dump the weight. when i did my elbow hit my knee hyperextending my hand all the way back. here is a still shot from the vid of the failed rep.

1. That sucks and I'm sorry that it happened....

2. If you want to train, try using ankle cuffs around your forearms and use cables for presses. For back, do the same or use ab slings and lock your elboes in the slings and do pulldowns and rows like that.

I have an isolator I tried once... if you would want to use it, hit me up and we can work something out: The Pro Force Combo

said injury was on my last lift of an olympic lifting session. i easily made a squat clean pr at 305lbs (was stuck at 295 forever). after that lift i added a mere 5lbs to the bar. i knew i was going to miss the lift so attempted to dump the weight. when i did my elbow hit my knee hyperextending my hand all the way back. here is a still shot from the vid of the failed rep.

Ain't calling the Xfit fail card again:) But you getting some nasty injuries man...

In January I hit a punching bag in a bad stance and injured my wrist. It healed after about 3 months but this time sucked because my lifts were suffering due to the pain. It will get better.

God Bless,

TT

Try injecting 500mcg BPC-157 under the skin directly above the injury everyday. It has helped with all of these injuries for me: elbow tendonitis, pec strain, I.T. Band injury, meniscus tear.

Ain't calling the Xfit fail card again:) But you getting some nasty injuries man...
this is unrelated to crossfit. it was an olympic lifting session.

Cause-
1. The wrist tendons, ligaments, cartilage have less blood flow than what a larger joint would have.

Solution-
a. If not aggravated apply light soft tissue massage, ultrasound, joint mobilization- NOTE- 1.a. only at times when you have not aggravated the shit out of it.

2. Brace and heat the injured area at night while sleeping, at night we heal and the increased blood flow from the heat will speed the healing.

I've spent months in molded wrist braces and physiotherapy for the said injuries. Good luck and be smart.

Your welcome

Cause-

Solution-

sorry bro!

i was good about wrapping it in the beginning but have been slacking on it except when squatting (only thing ive been able to do for weeks)to give additional support while gripping the bar.

i do wake up in the middle of the night if i bump it or stretch and pull back on my wrist when i do. I will start to apply linements and wrap it before going to bed.

sorry bro!

i was good about wrapping it in the beginning but have been slacking on it except when squatting (only thing ive been able to do for weeks)to give additional support while gripping the bar.

i do wake up in the middle of the night if i bump it or stretch and pull back on my wrist when i do. I will start to apply linements and wrap it before going to bed.

That is the fvking thing man...when you sleep, you twist the arms- any elbow/wrist soft tissue injury gets set back in the healing process by this.

For me and this might sound over the top....but it got fast results on the healing path-

I used light weight splints on opposite sides of the arm, strapped them on but not so tight that flow is restricted, ran them from just below my wrist joint to above my elbow.

First night getting to sleep was a bit tough :) but the next morning the injury felt so much better. So I worked in a few extra pillows into my bedding for comfort, kept the splint strapping going and was healed in no time man.

Last edited:
I actually sprained my wrist slipping on ice this winter. I landed like a cat over cement stairs with ice on them. I attribute exercising toward saving my ass as I landed very well. However I landed on the wrist awkward. Anyway my wrist was sore in the scafoid area and did not see fractures on X-ray. The mechanism of my injury made me believe it to be a ligament sprain. I braced the wrist for several weeks and then just one day is was like new. The whole time it hurt I didn't think it would heal but the bracing really worked well. I also taped my wrist when I couldn't wear the brace or to workout.

You could use protein digesting enzymes to help with connective tissue issues. Take them on an empty stomach. Also prolotherapy can be useful for ligament damage repair.

Hope you heal up. PM me if you ever have questions.

its weird. its been 9 weeks. the first 7-8 weeks it seemed like the only thing that got better was the swelling. the pain didnt subside at all! then around week 8 i noticed more range of motion forward and back but side to side is still very painful.
im going to start wrapping it at night.

i sprained my wrist pretty bad 9 weeks ago. i had an x-ray done a few hours after the injury. nothing noted in the images. was told to take it easy for a few weeks. i went on vacation the next day taking 10 days off from everything except drinking, eating and boating.
exactly 2 weeks after the injury i had a second x-ray at the advice of my doc. he said the scaphoid bone will sometimes not show a fracture on x-ray until 2 weeks. negative, no fracture.

ive only been squatting 3-4 days/week for 7 weeks. cant do a damn thing else.

has anyone else severely sprained their wrist? how long before you could use it again? swelling has gone down, range of motion has increased significantly in the last 2-3 weeks but i still get sharp pains if i move it too fast in any direction.

I had a serious accident a few years ago and both wrists were so stiff and not flexible I could barely bend them or pick up anything heavy. A tool that helped me a ton after I mastered it was Gyro dynaflex powerball.

last night i put liniment on it, wrapped it and went to bed. I didnt have any wake ups due to stretching and getting that sharp pain. ill continue to do this for a while.

Did you find out if it was a scaphoid fracture? how long did it take to heal

This thread is 10 years old and the person who started it hasn't logged on here in 5 years.
Thank bro.I appreciate it. I just figured Sometimes people see the notification in their email or something and maybe there would be a chance they see it and care to answer

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear