advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has Anyone Torn A Rotator Cuff? What Happened???

Millineum Man

Registered
Has anyone here torn a rotator cuff or had a shoulder impingement? Did you have surgery or did you rehab it? My shoulder has been screwed up for 3 months and I'm not really sure what's wrong with it or how I even messed it up.

It's so DAMN frustrating!:mad: I can't use the same weights I used to on flat, incline dumbbell bench, or dips. Dumbbell military presses are definitely OUT! My shoulder has a dull pain at times, especially in the rear delt area. Any success stories out there?

Last edited:
This year I have been fighting shoulder pain and weakness, about 6 months or more. I tried working through it. I finally went and had it checked out. XRays, MRI, the whole deal. I have shoulder impingement syndrome, bone spurs, labrum damage, and arthritis. I was thinking maybe I had something torn. They gave me a Cortisone shot and they have me in Physical Therapy currently. I'm 3 + weeks in. Haven't trained upper body in about 6 weeks (SUCKS) but it is starting to feel better. Doc told me I'll probably have to have surgery at some point to clean up the bone spurs, etc. He wants to try the therapy first. Get the labrum strong again and see how it acts when I get back to training. So I am just trying to be patient and see what happens. Time will tell. Frustrating as hell not training though. :banghead: At least I can still do legs!

I've been fighting a torn rotator along with a frayed bicep tendon for a few years now. There just seems to be certain movements that aggravate it. Mainly barbell bench work, especially incline. Now I just stick with dumbbell. I will add however that I had to take about 8 months off and do PT to get it to this point.

Last edited:
This year I have been fighting shoulder pain and weakness, about 6 months or more. I tried working through it. I finally went and had it checked out. XRays, MRI, the whole deal. I have shoulder impingement syndrome, bone spurs, labrum damage, and arthritis. I was thinking maybe I had something torn. They gave me a Cortisone shot and they have me in Physical Therapy currently. I'm 3 + weeks in. Haven't trained upper body in about 6 weeks (SUCKS) but it is starting to feel better. Doc told me I'll probably have to have surgery at some point to clean up the bone spurs, etc. He wants to try the therapy first. Get the labrum strong again and see how it acts when I get back to training. So I am just trying to be patient and see what happens. Time will tell. Frustrating as hell not training though. :banghead: At least I can still do legs!
I had the same problem with my knees. Had acl surgery on one and the other is just wear and tear playing ball in my younger days. The doctor gave me cortisone shots in both knees the last time I was there which helped a bit. This shoulder thing has me kind of worried.

Get book called
Treat your own rotator cuff

Mine was all fucked up, this book works!

Really best couple bucks ive spent in my life no shit

Last edited:
I've been doing pull-aparts and L flies with a band several times a day every day trying to heal it myself with out having to go the M.D. and physical therapy route.

I've been doing pull-aparts and L flies with a band several times a day every day trying to heal it myself with out having to go the M.D. and physical therapy route.
This is what I did at therapy and at home for three months. My shoulder is as good now . Lay off heavy pressing for a while and ice it every day.

i just tore mine 11 days ago had the MRI and now my surgeon went on vacation my next appointment is the 28th so ill let ya know how it goes

o and like i said its been 11 days and i cant barely lift my damn arm at all it hurts so bad they gave me vicodin to get by until the dr gets back but its crazy pain!! and im not normally one to take pain meds because i feel that if you cant feel the pain then you never know if you are hurting it more or anything but this pain is unbearable

I have personally never torn mine, but i have been dealing with shoulder pain for the past few months and just working through it. My cousin tore his labrum and needed surgery, and 2 of my uncles tore rotator cuff's and needed surgery.

All of the advice given in this thread seems like good advice, I would get to the Dr and see exactly what the problem is. If you can rehab it and avoid surgery then definitely do that... If you need surgery its a long recovery depending on exactly whats torn and how bad it is. The good thing is that the technology has come a long way in the last 20 years, and its not as bad is it was in the 90's.

Went to a Dr that was a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. Had his own practice, and was the head Dr. for the university orthopedic sports medicine dept. Dealt with many collegiate and pro athletes. I had 2 rotator muscles reattached. As well as a ruptured biceps taken care of.The Dr said it would be 18 months till the were fully graphed back on. Originally he said 3 months till I should start lifting with that arm. But he said to keep training the rest of the body. And training the good arm would keep the injured one from from atrophying as much and would keep the nerves functioning as well. Backs up what I had read else were. 5 days after the surgery back in the gym. Only doing rehab work for the injured shoulder along with stretching several times a day. 8 week s later the Dr said I could start training the repaired arm(as he knew I was doing some stuff anyway) as I was healing much faster then normal. 8 months later back to full power but I didn't push it ever work out for awhile till I felt confident. wish I had done it sooner

I've had rotator cuff surgery. Went under for a partial tear in my rotator, and they found a 50% tear in my biceps tendon also. So I have 2 pins in my shoulder now. The rehab was excruciating. When the repair tendons, they cut them off at the tear, and reattach them with a pin. So you have to stretch those tendons back to as close to normal length as you can. So you can imagine the pain. Therapy starts the next day. I chad to wear an arm sling for 4 or 5 weeks.
That being said, I would do it again in a heart beat. Well worth it. My shoulder feels great. I no longer bench heavy on a flat bench or incline. I go heavy on declines and dips. Inclines are only done with db's, and I use moderate weight.
Military presses do not bother my shoulder at all. I go as heavy as I can.
You almost have to have an MRI to know for sure. I say almost, because if te tear is bad enough, your doc can tell by putting you through a range of motion test.

Don't know if I tore it but fucked it pretty bad. Couldn't even change gear in my car for a few weeks, had to hold wheel with knee and use other hand. Strange thing is I couldn't even press 5lb dumbels yet I could do side laterals and front raises and the dip/tricep machine to absolute failure with 0 issues or pain. Itv seemed like it wasn't healing at all then I hit the gh and gh peptides pretty hard and it seemed to mend real fast, coincidence? Mabey. That shoulder is now my strongest side strangely. Was my weak side prior to injury. I really thought it was all over at the time and just ate sit for a week and got depressed. Then I thought fuck this, got my head together, squatted 2 or 3 times a week to hold as much overall muscle as possible, hadn't realised yet that I could do laterals and stuff so just trained legs. Hammered cardio and focused on getting real lean. Havn't done shoulder presses or pull ups since as I grew much beter with lat pull downs and side laterals that I was forced to use. Actually made some good gains during this tough time. Learnt my lesson and these days try to make the weight as hard as possible with slow negatives, pre exhaust, pauses etc rather than trying to move as much weight as possible.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
o and like i said its been 11 days and i cant barely lift my damn arm at all it hurts so bad they gave me vicodin to get by until the dr gets back but its crazy pain!! and im not normally one to take pain meds because i feel that if you cant feel the pain then you never know if you are hurting it more or anything but this pain is unbearable

Pain killers didn't do much for me but cold gel and sprayes really helped ease the pain. Sometimes I'd wake up and not be able to move arm down and have to move it with other hand. Most painful injury I've ever had by far. Only real one actually, I've been real lucky

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if I tore mine or just strained it really bad but I could barely sleep the pain was so bad. only way was on my back which causes me apnea bad

try that book seriously

8 months post op full tear rotator cuff

therapy was horrible getting to where i am now was hard. but i am doing great and lifting all i want and stronger. straight bar bench press tore the remaining fibres that i had from previous damage.
at first i wouldnt recommend to anyone but now seeing the results, of course take care of it. its a long road but i am stronger.
6 anchors by the way and a partial labrum and biceps tear fixed too!

After seeing all these replies, I don't think my rotator cuff is completely torn. Maybe partially because I can still do chin ups and pullups. I haven't done flat or incline barbell presses in years. I can do incline and flat dumbbell presses with pain and not as heavy or as many reps as I use too. Maybe I need to drop the weight down and do more reps in the 12-15 range on presses, instead of 6-10.

Oh! Not sure if you guys have access to one, but I've been doing shoulder presses with the landmine with GREAT success and NO PAIN!!

Has anyone here torn a rotator cuff or had a shoulder impingement? Did you have surgery or did you rehab it? My shoulder has been screwed up for 3 months and I'm not really sure what's wrong with it or how I even messed it up.

It's so DAMN frustrating!:mad: I can't use the same weights I used to on flat, incline dumbbell bench, or dips. Dumbbell military presses are definitely OUT! My shoulder has a dull pain at times, especially in the rear delt area. Any success stories out there?

Buy some BPC157 and heal it. This stuff is legit. BPC157 will heal it very quickly.

Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat (844.9)
Authors
Abstract

The rotator cuff musculature imparts dynamic stability to the glenohumeral joint. In particular, the balance between the subscapularis anteriorly and the infraspinatus posteriorly, often referred to as the rotator cuff "force couple," is critical for concavity compression and concentric rotation of the humeral head. Our goal was to determine the effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat model. 48 rats underwent detachment of the supraspinatus and infraspinatus and were randomly assigned to control and pentadecapeptide BPC 157 group. BPC 157 animals were regularly treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (10µg/kg) intraperitoneally, control animals got equivalent volume of saline. Animals were observed during experiment and were sacrificed 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks after the surgery. Macroscopic observation (muscle atrophy (m(non-operated m triceps)/m-operated(m triceps)), movement range, front leg length) and functional analysis (walk pattern (SFI), front limb muscle strength (weightlifting time) were performed. In animals treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 was observed total functional recovery similar to healthy animals, along with supraspinate and infraspinate tendon healing. In controls, mobility rage, muscle strength, and leg length were reduced compared to pentadecapeptide BPC 157 treated animals. In conclusion, pentadecapeptide BPC 157 could be successfully used in healing and functional recovery of rotator cuff tear injury.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws