YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone tried the DC advanced split he posted on Instagram?

xpoc

Registered
Dante Trudel aka DC posted about 2 years ago. Wondering if anyone has tried it. And if so, results?

Sunday: chest 3-4 exercises (and you work one key exercise on shoulders or triceps on this day if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps 2 exercises, Forearms 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise, rear delts 1 exercise, calves 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for back only if you have a serious weakness there)

Tuesday: hams 2 exercises quads 2-3 exercises

Wenesday: off
Thursday: shoulders 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width 2 exercises and Back thickness 2 exercises, calves 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day and back days would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused or straight setted
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads..very hard to rest pause quads)

Thursday: shoulders 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width 2 exercises and Back thickness 2 exercises, calves 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day and back days would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused or straight setted
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads..very hard to rest pause quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a very key exercise at the end of his back workout for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and abs and calves one exercise each

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

I did this for several months and liked it a lot. I’m currently doing the 3 way split. Dante actually introduced that workout here on PM a couple years ago and I discussed this split with him. It felt similar to creeping death by John meadows

I do it currently, but cut the rest pause sets down to one per body part. Example, chest 3 to 4 exercises and only one of them rest pause. Legs, one for hamstrings, one for quads. I also incorporate the training extra for shoulders and arms.

Your Gastrocs assist with some hamstring moves, so I'd just keep that in mind if you have any issues with increasing the hamstring numbers with knee flexion. It shouldn't be an issue at the volume they are being trained at, but I know when I tore my hamstring I was on a split where I was raining calves the day before.

I just noticed a copy/pasted some of the info twice, my apologies. The only thing that jumps out at me as "different" is Monday. All small muscle groups yet an entire day dedicated to: Biceps, forearms, rear delts, calves and abs. Likely all isolation exercises (curls, reverse curls, rear delt flyes, ab machine crunch)

I started doing it about 1.5 months ago and I'm loving it. Ever since I began my hrv has dropped pretty significantly the day after each training session, so it's pretty obvious that my body is taking a nice beating from it. Strength continues to climb

I just noticed a copy/pasted some of the info twice, my apologies. The only thing that jumps out at me as "different" is Monday. All small muscle groups yet an entire day dedicated to: Biceps, forearms, rear delts, calves and abs. Likely all isolation exercises (curls, reverse curls, rear delt flyes, ab machine crunch)

Far be it from me to question Dante, because the man is undeniably a genius, but the Monday seems a little odd to me too. Feels like you could do this split in 4 days without too much problem

Far be it from me to question Dante, because the man is undeniably a genius, but the Monday seems a little odd to me too. Feels like you could do this split in 4 days without too much problem

I honestly really enjoy making biceps the forefront of a workout session, but then again my arms have always been a weak point. Regardless, it's been very enjoyable to switch things up a bit.

What if hamstrings muscles? 1-2 rest paused on the second back day?

You could, but these body parts are all weak points for most guys and this split is about bringing up weak points

For the guys that are doing this, I'm assuming you have two different rotations right?

3 chest exercises, all RP...there's no way i'd be able to progress on the same exercises every week.
But throw another rotation in there, and that FOLLOWING weak, I also make nice little jumps in reps and weight.

I tried it but on the second week felt overwhelmed completely. I am unable to train at high intensity more than 2-3 times a week

I tried it but on the second week felt overwhelmed completely. I am unable to train at high intensity more than 2-3 times a week

It took me a few weeks to adjust too.

It’s supposed to be because its setup for someone with a good back from what I am reading. I am assuming you could train back on that day. Put your back width exercises there (pull-ups, rack chins, pulldowns, etc) and/or something chest supported for thickness since you would be doing legs the next day and want a fresh lowerback. Just an idea and I could be totally wrong.

It took me a few weeks to adjust too.
I tried several times to train more than 3 times a week, but every time I went back to 2 or 3. But I have different training goals, so this is not a problem. And the 30-rep leg press protocol from this split is awesome - I did it 2 months before the gyms closed due to the epidemic as Dante explain and several months in 2 day fullbody routine.

Here’s one of my workouts from back then doing this split

Attachments

• 76915C5C-ECB1-46EC-89BC-101910770EC7.png
    76915C5C-ECB1-46EC-89BC-101910770EC7.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 136
my bad. did not know this was already out there. i find often times, really GOOD info gets buried into threads and if you are not looking for it, you miss it. that said, since dante himself is sharing info, i do believe this subject deserves a standalone thread rather than simply a reply to another thread.

I was just linking the specific post that answered TheOtherOne's question regarding exercise rotations. At that level you don't. If anyone followed Dusty on IG 2-3 years ago when he was doing it, he was grinding out the same exercises.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131