YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone tried the DC advanced split he posted on Instagram?

I was just linking the specific post that answered TheOtherOne's question regarding exercise rotations. At that level you don't. If anyone followed Dusty on IG 2-3 years ago when he was doing it, he was grinding out the same exercises.
Yeah I remember him on IG saying, it is for advanced guys and advanced guys don't need to rotate because they know they exercises that they can progress on. He does a great job of responding in detail....it just seems like it gets buried. Even that original IG post got cluttered with people responding before he could even finish.

Which is why he posts few and far between. I save everything he posts that hits home with me to read over and over again later.
Yeah I remember him on IG saying, it is for advanced guys and advanced guys don't need to rotate because they know they exercises that they can progress on. He does a great job of responding in detail....it just seems like it gets buried. Even that original IG post got cluttered with people responding before he could even finish.

On a sidenote: I have had an ex marine 53 year old training with me for the last 2.5 years or so....(5'11" black guy so he already is one step ahead of the game)....absolutely 100% life time natural and will never ever do any PED's...its just his ethos, he doesnt personally agree with PED use....he came up to me about 2.5 years ago and asked to train with me (most training partners do not last because I truly do go hard all the time, I dont like wasting my time with anything in life, and i dont go to the gym to maintain or go thru the motions so I get it)...I pretty much figure out a way to beat the logbook or its a complete failure to me. He has confided in me that he gets why no training partner has lasted the test of time because he too has questioned how I crank it up 20 notches every single gym day without fail.....I give him credit for hanging in there especially on some brutal leg days where I thought "i am going to end up destroying this cat" but he stuck with it.....I digress......he came to me when he was lifting for quite a few years and stuck at 175ish......Just saw him hit 220lbs yesterday.....nice 45lb gain in 2.5 years....we tape measured his arms at a shade under 19 about 6 months ago and they have to be 19 now (damn those black genetics again)......we have been on this exact split in this thread....as I have put a lot of former trainees on the same split who were advanced. it has worked for virtually everyone without fail especially if you pick the right exercises via your weak bodyparts.

On a sidenote: I have had an ex marine 53 year old training with me for the last 2.5 years or so....(5'11" black guy so he already is one step ahead of the game)....absolutely 100% life time natural and will never ever do any PED's...its just his ethos, he doesnt personally agree with PED use....he came up to me about 2.5 years ago and asked to train with me (most training partners do not last because I truly do go hard all the time, I dont like wasting my time with anything in life, and i dont go to the gym to maintain or go thru the motions so I get it)...I pretty much figure out a way to beat the logbook or its a complete failure to me. He has confided in me that he gets why no training partner has lasted the test of time because he too has questioned how I crank it up 20 notches every single gym day without fail.....I give him credit for hanging in there especially on some brutal leg days where I thought "i am going to end up destroying this cat" but he stuck with it.....I digress......he came to me when he was lifting for quite a few years and stuck at 175ish......Just saw him hit 220lbs yesterday.....nice 45lb gain in 2.5 years....we tape measured his arms at a shade under 19 about 6 months ago and they have to be 19 now (damn those black genetics again)......we have been on this exact split in this thread....as I have put a lot of former trainees on the same split who were advanced. it has worked for virtually everyone without fail especially if you pick the right exercises via your weak bodyparts.
Hi Dante, can this exact split in this thread be used successfully in a fat reduction diet? thank you for answer

Hi Dante, can this exact split in this thread be used successfully in a fat reduction diet? thank you for answer
Any routine can be used in a deficit as long you’re recovering. Any routine can be used to build muscle as long as you’re in a surplus. Not trying to sound like I’m insulting you but if you have to ask then the advanced routine probably isn’t optimal for you.

Any routine can be used in a deficit as long you’re recovering. Any routine can be used to build muscle as long as you’re in a surplus. Not trying to sound like I’m insulting you but if you have to ask then the advanced routine probably isn’t optimal for you.
Yes, I certainly agree. I was talking about whether rest pause sets are suitable for the diet from the point of view of injury, etc ..

Bobik the simple answer is you rarely gain muscle mass during a prep and its all about preserving what you built in the offseason, so all you do is raise the rep ranges up even to 30rp and 12-20 straight sets.....you wont lose any muscle

Bobik the simple answer is you rarely gain muscle mass during a prep and its all about preserving what you built in the offseason, so all you do is raise the rep ranges up even to 30rp and 12-20 straight sets.....you wont lose any muscle
Would you always advice to move the rep ranges up during dieting phases?
I’m doing the two way split (have been for a year) now during a diet and kept progressing on most exercises but definitely feel like squatting movements won’t progress much more and rather deteriorate as the weeks go by.

Would you always advice to move the rep ranges up during dieting phases?
I’m doing the two way split (have been for a year) now during a diet and kept progressing on most exercises but definitely feel like squatting movements won’t progress much more and rather deteriorate as the weeks go by.
I really do think its the smart play to keep from getting injured (depleted, dehydrated) and to keep things exciting...because alot of people can get bummed out when their training weights start waning...it kind of adds a new excitement when you reset the logbook and move all the rep ranges up....and thats your new battle.

I am 57 , on the split for over six months. sometimes has to take extra days off. keep on beating the logbook , sometimes resetting to a stricter form ...
I think the best results I got is when I added all the movements that included the 4 seconds stretch....Magic.

I was just linking the specific post that answered TheOtherOne's question regarding exercise rotations. At that level you don't. If anyone followed Dusty on IG 2-3 years ago when he was doing it, he was grinding out the same exercises.
Honestly, that's shocking to me. At a certain point in time, your strength progression is so small, you're microloading. Jordan has talked A LOT about this. But even then, going to say Incline bench every single week and trying to get one more rep...or 2.5 more pounds is almost a stalemate. I just don't know many advanced level dudes who can do that. Even me, I'm no where near Dusty level advanced. But I'm up there in terms of training age. And If I did Smith Incline 405...i'd hit 7 one week. Then 7 another week. Then 6.5 one week. Then maaaybe 8. But if I do SMith Incline and then next week hit Arsenal Incline Machine, then COME BACK to Smith a week later....whatever that 7 days off and working another movement pattern just clicks. I have continued to make strength jumps like this on every exercise for 3 years. It never plateus. If it does I might take a break from an exercise and come back to it.

And even with that...consistent progressive overload like that works THE BEST when on a calorie surplus. Yeah, i make gains on maintenance, just really working my CNS to push hard. But it's slower. It's a microloading thing, patience thing. And i can maintain and get a bit stronger on diet too...but I'm reallllly watching my volume. I'm looking at this at a sheer strength progression version of progressive overload.

I remember a video on Jordan's website talking about how seriously he hasss to take every aspect of his week, in order to really progress on an exercise. He had to monitor steps, his sleep, how many meals he got in PRE WORKOUT...all in order to make sure everything was equal...in order to progress. And if he didn't hit that mark...if he didn't sleep that night or was on his feet too much that day before....he would not get stronger. Just showing that at a certain point, you have to be sooo dialed in and using multiple movement patterns in order to keep the poundage moving up. I personally, am not at that point yet. I probably never will be. But its so interesting all the tools you need to use in order to continually get stronger. Apologies for the rant LOL

I tried several times to train more than 3 times a week, but every time I went back to 2 or 3. But I have different training goals, so this is not a problem. And the 30-rep leg press protocol from this split is awesome - I did it 2 months before the gyms closed due to the epidemic as Dante explain and several months in 2 day fullbody routine.
similar to my own experiences with training days per week.

I really do think its the smart play to keep from getting injured (depleted, dehydrated) and to keep things exciting...because alot of people can get bummed out when their training weights start waning...it kind of adds a new excitement when you reset the logbook and move all the rep ranges up....and thats your new battle.
excellent wording

@DOGGCRAPP

hey brother, how do we progressive overload the middle delt?

my problem is, my anterior delt is very good, so OHP seems like a backwards step to balance my shoulders. But when trying to RP and progress on Db laterals, it seems you can always progress by a little more body English or cutting ROM

I guess I’m asking everyone is there other very good middle delt exercises you can lock into and keep tension on the middle delt and logbook?

or just make sure to hit 3-5 sets to true failure and not keep up with reps like we would do on a hammer press?

@DOGGCRAPP

hey brother, how do we progressive overload the middle delt?

my problem is, my anterior delt is very good, so OHP seems like a backwards step to balance my shoulders. But when trying to RP and progress on Db laterals, it seems you can always progress by a little more body English or cutting ROM

I guess I’m asking everyone is there other very good middle delt exercises you can lock into and keep tension on the middle delt and logbook?

or just make sure to hit 3-5 sets to true failure and not keep up with reps like we would do on a hammer press?

Here’s a good one that most people don’t do. It’s the first exercise Jordan and Corrine do in the video. Really pay attention to and focus on the hand position and where they’re from. Changing the hand position changes the movements focus. There’s no exercise that you can’t progressive overload and beat into the ground.
Personally I’ve found machine and cable lateral raises are easier for to me focus on the delts.

On some shoulder press machines, you can face the machine instead of having your back on the pad. This hits the overall delt much differently. Also, DC has talked about doing the seated side lateral machine with a rest pause, partials and then a static hold.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws