advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding really advanced in the last 20 yrs ?

I think a guy like Jordan Peters who was member here and used post a lot of pics is a young guy that Dante inspired [ and JP gives dante credit ] He is a step in the right direction ....smart ...humble and hard working ....And I guy I wish had Phil heath 's genes is Dusty Handshaw [ I think that's spelled right...if not sorry ] The guy trains hard as hell , is bright , funny , and is health conscious despite being a 300 plus off season guy ....If Dusty had Phil's genes so many more people would be inspired to do it right .....hopefully ,he will continue to build his brand and market himself in a manner that he touches a lot of guys beyond what he already has ........

I think a guy like Jordan Peters who was member here and used post a lot of pics is a young guy that Dante inspired [ and JP gives dante credit ] He is a step in the right direction ....smart ...humble and hard working ....And I guy I wish had Phil heath 's genes is Dusty Handshaw [ I think that's spelled right...if not sorry ] The guy trains hard as hell , is bright , funny , and is health conscious despite being a 300 plus off season guy ....If Dusty had Phil's genes so many more people would be inspired to do it right .....hopefully ,he will continue to build his brand and market himself in a manner that he touches a lot of guys beyond what he already has ........

thanks for the post and props my friend always been a big fan of yours...
It's interesting you mentioned Jordan Peters he came up in some links in youtube when I was watching some vids and never put it together that he posted on here years ago...he worked with Scott and like you said heavily influenced by D.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghxrYFTIn_8"]Jordan Peters from TrainedbyJP : upper body training session - YouTube[/ame]

Can you imagine if you combined Dillet and HEATH? They'd have pillows set up in the gym to sleep between sets. :D;) Not ragging on Phil i am sure he thinks he trains hard and the diet part ain't easy for nobody...but everyone knows what real training intensity is like and a guy from our time was like Heath - Flex Wheeler. Them damn genes.
Good thread and content and what we need around here.

Yep , Scott Stevenson was an awesome member here and person ....we traded pms here in the past ....super cool and super bright .....His training routine is legit and really the way I see training going in the future . Wish he would come back .

And yeah , I saw flex , cormier and dillet train many times . [ sold one of them gear a few times in fact ...lol ] And what is funny Rico , flex , and cormier trained heavy ......they were very competitive with each other .....they just weren't fast and intense and were easily distracted by pussy or gossip it seemed ....Dillet was just laid back ....no intensity at all .....prince was a beast super strong , as was Arron Baker ......mattarazzo was intense but not super strong .....demayo was like laid back not real strong ...Denis james was strong and trained hard ....so was Melvin Anthony ....they also got distracted though ....If those guys had Dante training them back then and they had his fortitude I can't imagine the bodies he would have built .....the big thing is by doing it right , the slow way , ends up being the fastest way over time .........but the genes of the guys then was just crazy .........but today you Have Dallas , Cedric , Maybe Compton.wolf , rhoden , dex , rolley , ramy , and Phil .....they are all awesome as well ....they just have all have a different look because of what they are doing ......When Wolf turned pro I think he was 247 .....looked so good ......I think Phil was 212
[ in fact , I was going to help him with money and his prep before that USA ....ask ken skip hill as he was the one that found him and put him in touch with me ......he was running a about a gram total of gear at that time .....then he met Cutler and jay got him a Muscle tech contract and helped him and the rest is history about that same time I was helping frank Mc Grath ] There are tons of good guys .....the guys just don't get it .....if you want improvement it is all about steady slow progression .......first ,with eating .....if you eat the same each year you will not get bigger .....second , you must get stronger or train harder ....this can be in very small increases but you have to give the body a reason to adapt ......third ...as you get stronger over the yrs ...you need more rest not less .....so routines must be planned intelligently to cover frequency with this fact [ not easy ...and volume should come down to do so ] and the last part .....small increases in dosages over time ....once genetic max is hit ....then you can stop pushing ....stay lean ...and just enjoy what you have built for as long as possible with out pushing drugs or intense training anymore ...........it is simple but like a few guys have mentioned guys don't see it and get blind by information and miss the basic truth of how things work

Last edited:
If most guys cleaned out and started over they would be so much better in the long run . Train basic , master there bodies , and training ......really got serious about eating and didn't worry about being ripped .....and did this for about 3 yrs ....younger guys 5 yrs .......then did a slow progression on gear added in layers . While increasing intensity in their training . you could max out most guys genetically in 3 tto 5 yrs .....then you can back off or stabilize things while being health conscious and keep a great physique throughout your life ......If guys saw that in high school or college ......even just started over and cleaned out .....I bet we would see lots of better physiques

And one last thing .......figure this roughly......If you are 5'10 you are going to be about 250 on stage to be an impressive national level guy .....so dieting down to a bunch of little shows is pointless ....Rich Piana and I agree on this . dieting down to do a novice show is a waste if you really want to be big .....250 on stage is usually 290 to 300 off season ........if you are 5' 8 you are probably going need to be 270 ish to be a heavy on stage .....some guys will go but I don't want to be fat and bloated ......well ,if you are doing it right you won't be at those weights .....you figure a big guy on drugs on around 1500 mgs a week is carrying 20 lbs of water weight min .....and 30 lbs of fat is a lot and can look really bad on some and not bad on others .[ depending how you carry it ect] But 30lbs of fat ...won't be huge tits or fat rolls ..but you will be smooth ....you will have lines ...some cuts ...not much ....some veins in legs and arms ....and you will feel hard .....if you are grabing rolls , have a fat face and neck .....can't breath then you went too far and need to pull some weight off until your body adapts ........but if you want to be big ...then get big .....the shows will be there when you are ready .....I see so many guys doing shows every year ...spending tons of money ....hiring coaches ....and never really changing and certainly not having all that much muscle .......

And whose to blame? The judges and the IFBB NPC for allowing such a mess to develop, an extreme example would be Women's Bodybuilding?

This is what we started with 30 some years ago...I can't even stomach to post the current pics of the top female BB'ers today...

Really love this picture!
When is this picture taken? I wonder how she looks now.
Maybe still quite handsome.

And whose to blame? The judges and the IFBB NPC for allowing such a mess to develop, an extreme example would be Women's Bodybuilding?

This is what we started with 30 some years ago...I can't even stomach to post the current pics of the top female BB'ers today...

Really like this girl. Beautiful, strong and handsome.
I wonder when is this picture taken? How about the woman now?

I truly wish I had more energy and was more inspired today, cause that really is a great thread/subject to which I'd love to contribute. Since that's unfortunately not the case, I'll try to condense my thoughts around what really differentiates this golden era from nowadays IMO: LOVE vs instant fame.

Most if not all guys back when I started lifting 21 years ago - BEFORE Internet took over - had a real PASSION for the sport... they loved training, loved the lifestyle, and most didn't care about what others thought about it... they did it for themselves, and though everyone could be a bit show off occasionally, still it was LIGHT YEARS from what's happening everyday in absolutely ALL the gyms all over this world... fitness type body 20 y.o. arrogant brainless dude in tank top weighting 180 lbs on 2g tren a week and 10 IU'S GH (let's also not forget the hipster beard :rolleyes:) doing one set of 25 reps cable crossovers to "pump up", then immediately taking a selfie and posting it up on Instagram... social media has killed any SPIRIT our sport could have... those decerebrate fuckers do it ONLY for recognition... their unique goal? Getting more "Like" on their FB page that the neighbor... whatever it costs, and no matter how silly they have to behave... :cool:

Frankly, going to the gym these days is a CHORE to me... knowing I'll have to somehow, even if I try to avoid it at all costs, interact with "them" is so annoying that I skip my workouts more and more... just to go in the woods to have a peaceful walk alone far from the fuss... a bit of cardio is still better than nothing. :eek:;)

Yep , Scott Stevenson was an awesome member here and person ....we traded pms here in the past ....super cool and super bright .....His training routine is legit and really the way I see training going in the future . Wish he would come back .

And yeah , I saw flex , cormier and dillet train many times . [ sold one of them gear a few times in fact ...lol ] And what is funny Rico , flex , and cormier trained heavy ......they were very competitive with each other .....they just weren't fast and intense and were easily distracted by pussy or gossip it seemed ....Dillet was just laid back ....no intensity at all .....prince was a beast super strong , as was Arron Baker ......mattarazzo was intense but not super strong .....demayo was like laid back not real strong ...Denis james was strong and trained hard ....so was Melvin Anthony ....they also got distracted though ....If those guys had Dante training them back then and they had his fortitude I can't imagine the bodies he would have built .....the big thing is by doing it right , the slow way , ends up being the fastest way over time .........but the genes of the guys then was just crazy .........but today you Have Dallas , Cedric , Maybe Compton.wolf , rhoden , dex , rolley , ramy , and Phil .....they are all awesome as well ....they just have all have a different look because of what they are doing ......When Wolf turned pro I think he was 247 .....looked so good ......I think Phil was 212

[ in fact , I was going to help him with money and his prep before that USA ....ask ken skip hill as he was the one that found him and put him in touch with me ......he was running a about a gram total of gear at that time .....then he met Cutler and jay got him a Muscle tech contract and helped him and the rest is history about that same time I was helping frank Mc Grath ] There are tons of good guys .....the guys just don't get it .....if you want improvement it is all about steady slow progression .......first ,with eating .....if you eat the same each year you will not get bigger .....second , you must get stronger or train harder ....this can be in very small increases but you have to give the body a reason to adapt ......third ...as you get stronger over the yrs ...you need more rest not less .....so routines must be planned intelligently to cover frequency with this fact [ not easy ...and volume should come down to do so ] and the last part .....small increases in dosages over time ....once genetic max is hit ....then you can stop pushing ....stay lean ...and just enjoy what you have built for as long as possible with out pushing drugs or intense training anymore ...........it is simple but like a few guys have mentioned guys don't see it and get blind by information and miss the basic truth of how things work

All I want in life is to be at your strip club and stare at hot naked girls while you tell me old bodybuilding stories

First of all JC
Hope all is ok with you......pm me plz if you need any support ......i do care ......as far from what you have shared . I feel you there my brother. I purposely train between 3 and 6 am to avoid the young crowd as much as i can . Plus i like it when i can just have the gym to myself . If i could . I would just train at home . About a year and half ago i sold my house and am leasing til i figure out my next move .The area i live in now is much different than where i was before. The gyms where i train now i am often the only white guy ( not that i care ....or it matters ...but definately a different mentality )...if i go during prime day or even mid morning. Its all kids snap chatting .....taking selfies ....wearing matching outfits ....in big groups .....the girls are even worse ...lol ...i just shake my head at it all ....but like you said ....no one over 200 or training hard ....on lots of gear ...and taking tons of video or pics ......i m in awe of the whole thing and culture ....very empty but it is what it is ....that situation wont be changing anytime soon i m afraid . I understand your frustration and like your idea of hitting a walk in nature ...lol ....i agree ....more guys did it for love back in my day . I have many friends from my era that are in their 40s and 50s still at it and into it .....i hope you have a better day and that things are ok .....i will leave you with an old zen saying that often helps me in many areas of my life , " respect what is " ...what that means is what ever we dont like has already happened ....we dont have like it .But by seeing that we only hurt ourselves by not accepting things as they are and getting lost in judgment that we only hurt ourselves ....there is good and bad in every moment. Your experience is what you choose to pay attention to ...that is the hard part ...lol. ..it takes great practice to just see the good in everything ...ha ha and its why i train at night ...lol ..i am no master ,but learning to pay attention to life in front of me and not in my head really helped change everything for me ....in every situation you have three choices ....you can change it ...if you cant change it ...you can leave it ...and you can not leave it . You can always accept it ..acceptance has been tough for me to practice but it has made life so much better for me .......i just wish i was able to accept the whole empty look at me materialistic tworld it has become ...lol ...unfortunately ....i see life as being the we ( the oneness of existence) not the me everyone is so caught up in, so i m kind of the odd man out in society these days my friend....

Nothuman ....that can be arranged my brother ....i hated my job for along time ...
I felt bad that i made choices that threw away my education and limited my choices in life . But now i embrace it and am so grateful ...i have a great life ....the greeks used to say that beauty was virtuous .....lol .....i agree ...beauty makes us present ....ha ha ..sitting around gettimg paid well to be around beauty isnt a bad deal at all ........i could be a park ranger or game warden ....as i love nature ....or i can run a strip club and enjoy a different kind of beauty while making a few more bucks than those careers do ...ha ha .....

Last edited:
Tell you guys what .....i have a crazy few months ahead ...but right after the new yr ..if any of you guys want to come set up a weekend where you come out and train ,eat ,and hit my club for a couples days out here in sac , ca.....lets do it ...

Also i went and checked out ancsi and tenny and cg ( both great guys ) ...going back and forth about eating when hungry .....here is my take they are both right .....i think in the beginning you have to create an anabolic environment with food . I think you have to learn to eat and to use food to grow . But here is where hernon ,tenny ,bboy ,are absolutely right if you are training right ....sleeping enough ....and using just enough gear .....you will be hungry all.the time .....these guys no this from yrs in the game ......and understanding how the body works . I think you have to learn how to create the right environment to grow and that comes from experience.....i think structured eating is smart until that point is reached .....massive g post your artical from im ( great site btw ..skip is awesome there )his ideas are very gd ......eventually eating when hungry is the way to go .....but not until you have paid your dues and built your body.and metabolusm

have a bad connection so cant really quote this....
but...
no joke, maybe sadly i have been reading the words of iba n some of who he mentions since 2000. wow time has past! we dont know eachother, just some perspective, phidais too, idk how far back i remember and agian no idea who the fuck he is n doesnt really matter.

just some random names of ppl around the world with similar interest doing there own things... watching this train wreck unfold... lol

i dont really have anythimg to say on bb. it was super cool way back when.. in the mid lates 90s when everyone is talking about, probably what fueled some jouvenile motivations in all of this, hopefully i am evolving. i think the dirty subculture part of this that was so cool became user friendly do to image, information, internet, drugs, etc... drugs... lol

that whole drug, juice maniac subculture was just that... way back when everyone is talking about and before/in beggining of the internet. a subculture.

if you werent part you werent in. and part meant the look. lol
how to get there was the mystery...
wtf did these big scary monsters do to get like that...

sure i was a big hs kid, but a babby in retrospect...
lift big weights, eat big food, juice...
barley seen or heard of.

now... hs kids know the internet better then us.

why did i come to the interrnet?
knowledge first. really i wanted to know what the ppl i wanted to be like did, for real every day, not like magazines...

enter the ug and anabolic extrememe! lol

i read the shit out of that, its the first place i read some of these guys above...

juice... came later.
but.
without the internet, shit... would have been a fucking chore!
back in college it was around but i wasnt really ready. pro hormones sure! lol oh my...

anyway.
lets be honest. most looked to the internet for gear.
and the internet has provided.

drugs are fun, drugs are flashy, drugs are what everyone wants to talk about...

sex, drugs, sexy body... blah blah...

with google and the speed that the internet and all this has grown ppl have take the short route, nothing new, just now everyone is an instant expert on everything...

so what does it take to be big... lol just google it!
there you go problem solved and heres how you get it.

everyone got focused on THAT!
yes, those maniacs of the late 90s were juiced the fuck up and fucking with anything available but... that was limited and new...

ppl skipped the training til you puke.
the laughing about eating so much, not being able to walk for a day after legs... lol all types of shit that only the sick ppl went after n loved.

today we only see and want to see the end result. socially acceptable flashy at the polished end..
that one second pic after months of eating lifting dieting..
just the sexy club image.. and what goes with that????:D

sorry it is what it is, the world over.
not just with bb but all these freaky sub cultures have parts that have leaked into the mainstream.

shit..sorry side note. club culture that flashy fame.. those fucking clear shiny glassy only worn in afterhours dark spots... those fuckers too.. once you stared seeing none afterhours ppl wearing them there was for sure a problem...i think juice exploded in similar time.

i think its very easy to look back, blame, act in fear.

i think there is a great point in the original post about what can be done to change.

we have to see that even though this is a tiny subculture. i mean really fucking tiny, you are talking about basically a handful of guys that the world in some way took little bits of and tried to emulate.

as usual they focused on the wrong parts.

i wish we could see that we are and have created something new and we should be doing something new to address that.

new is also a big problem.

idk...

no one wants to do the boring stuff.
work
what else to say
i would love to see a push for change, i dont htink ppl are ready for it to happen.

LK3..... hear bro ......Gandhi said, " we must be the change we wish to see in the world " ....and that means we can not change anyone ,but we can be the change we wish to see in others , and maybe we will influence others that cross our paths and they will effect others and so on ........the question is , how can we as individuals help the guys here not only be better healthier bbers , but how can we help them be better people as well ....Every day we must be accountable to that and if we are, things may change here and in time ,they may change in a larger scale ......when I finally launch my book and web support for it, as well as the you tube channel for the project , I will taking care of my end towards society .....and I will be here to cover this one ......we all matter and can have impact . We just have to believe it ......

I didn't know Paul Borreson .....I did sit on the phone interview with him once when Jason Muller [ shawn ] interviewed him .....Guy was wasted ....he might have been reckless and a liar [ I don't know ].....but I liked lots of his ideas ....some which he may have stole from pusher [ are you the old maverick ] ....He used to say something I liked .a lot though....." Ignorance kills .......Let's kill ignorance " .......the man was right ....it is ignorance that ruins the bbing experience and it is ignorance that blinds the world and leads it to suffer as it is ........

He had a dream of connecting 30000 huge bbers and forming a community that supported one another and also influenced the world in a positive way ....bbing starts out as a very selfish activity, but it can transform in to art .[ which is just intelligence having fun isn't it ? ...lol] everyone can and should be a bber in some way , shape , or form .....it doesn't have to look like anyone else and should never be done as competition ......you are you perfect as you are ....you can play with that, and express that anyway you choose that is the whole fun in bbing imo

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws