over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has your definition of success changed

This is a BB forum man...lol

We simply exist. Google "Consciousness"my man...

Agreed. What's with this post? Find a different forum for these types of questions. I'm going catabolic reading this....

I've noticed theres a few OT topics in this section. Have they ever had an OT section of this board for topics and discussions like this? Im sure some great conversations could be had here with the members

Sometimes I wish I could have a do over. My perspective on life has changed a lot. Esp since graduating college.

I wish I just had that mindset to be a selfmade business man. I rely on the man for a paycheck and to define my self worth by how much he pays me and what I can and cannot afford.

Sometimes I feel like the only thing I have control over in my life is bodybuilding. I control every aspect of it. Eating, lifting, supplements. That's why im pretty darn good at it.

The social stigma of bodybuilding always gets me down. When you walk around at 5*6 235. People usually know what the deal its. If they only really knew what it entailed they would view it more as an asset then a negative.

Not a lot of people have the mental tuffness to do this shit. that's why majority of the worlds population looks like shit. and turn to drugs and alcohol.

Last edited:
you are making too many threads now... just stop

Sometimes I wish I could have a do over. My perspective on life has changed a lot. Esp since graduating college.

I wish I just had that mindset to be a selfmade business man. I rely on the man for a paycheck and to define my self worth by how much he pays me and what I can and cannot afford.

Sometimes I feel like the only thing I have control over in my life is bodybuilding. I control every aspect of it. Eating, lifting, supplements. That's why im pretty darn good at it.

The social stigma of bodybuilding always gets me down. When you walk around at 5*6 235. People usually know what the deal its. If they only really knew what it entailed they would view it more as an asset then a negative.

Not a lot of people have the mental tuffness to do this shit. that's why majority of the worlds population looks like shit. and turn to drugs and alcohol.

Well said

Yes. When I was high school aged til mid 20's, women, money, and image were very important to me....almost to the point of obsessing over them. When it came to women, I wanted the more the better. With money I felt I'd do anything to get it. I had to look good and drive a good looking car or I didn't feel 'cool'. To me, having these things meant success.

Now at almost 33, I still enjoy aspects of those things....but they are not important all that much. I have a wife that I'd rather be with than anyone else, and I got tired of worried about STD's and unwanted pregnancies with women I barely knew. Money is always important, but I'm at a point where I can be comfortable with a moderate amount instead of sacrificing everything trying to get rich and accumulate crap I don't need. I like being in shape, but I don't let it get to me when I lose some mass here and there or gain a lb or two of flab over Christmas. I always bounce back, I think its healthy to not worry and obsess like I used to. I still like cool cars, that hasn't changed :)
Now I consider myself successful if I keep a roof over my head, treat my friends and family well, and work hard when I need to....while taking the time to enjoy myself as often as possible.

Yes. When I was high school aged til mid 20's, women, money, and image were very important to me....almost to the point of obsessing over them. When it came to women, I wanted the more the better. With money I felt I'd do anything to get it. I had to look good and drive a good looking car or I didn't feel 'cool'. To me, having these things meant success.
I was this point in my life right now in my mid to late 20s and recently everything was taken away from me like literally all my possessions I worked hard to obtain. So yes I've had to change my perspective to still remain somewhat happy but in all honesty I'm not content with a mediocre life. It just sucks that someone whom I trusted wants to ruin my life because their feelings are hurt. K I'm done ranting now.

I was this point in my life right now in my mid to late 20s and recently everything was taken away from me like literally all my possessions I worked hard to obtain. So yes I've had to change my perspective to still remain somewhat happy but in all honesty I'm not content with a mediocre life. It just sucks that someone whom I trusted wants to ruin my life because their feelings are hurt. K I'm done ranting now.

story time?

OP, for me, success used to mean the wife, the kids, and the white picket fence...a solid career, debts paid off, and money in the bank.

now that im older (25), it means everything listed above except for the wife LOL

Success to me means freedom to live the life id like. No fun in being rich and also working every damn hour of the day too.

story time?

OP, for me, success used to mean the wife, the kids, and the white picket fence...a solid career, debts paid off, and money in the bank.

now that im older (25), it means everything listed above except for the wife LOL
I'll give you a short and sweet version as I already typed a 5000 word narrative to my attorney.
I was living with gf for 2 years
Relationship as rocky but we stayed together despite our senseless arguments
We went to school together and both were involved in cannabis
She goes to someone on campus says she wants to leave but doesn't know how/scared says I have guns which I would use (untrue they were unloaded and for hunting)
cops get called
Gets our apartment raided I'm arested at gunpoint
cops find a lot of stuff including gear (gf did my weekly pins)
I'm getting charged with lots of bad things but I posted bail without conditions immediately so I'm a free man for now.
Am not allowed to speak to her or her family by court order
I am a very sad person
/cliff notes

I'll give you a short and sweet version as I already typed a 5000 word narrative to my attorney.
I was living with gf for 2 years
Relationship as rocky but we stayed together despite our senseless arguments
We went to school together and both were involved in cannabis
She goes to someone on campus says she wants to leave but doesn't know how/scared says I have guns which I would use (untrue they were unloaded and for hunting)
cops get called
Gets our apartment raided I'm arested at gunpoint
cops find a lot of stuff including gear (gf did my weekly pins)
I'm getting charged with lots of bad things but I posted bail without conditions immediately so I'm a free man for now.
Am not allowed to speak to her or her family by court order
I am a very sad person
/cliff notes

That's brutal bro

good post

Yea they took 60gs in cash from me too. All I have now to look forward too is getting big again which finding the motivation for that is hard as well.

shit bro, sorry to hear that..

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

even when she's not scorned at all..

The best thing that ever happened to me was when I realized I will NEVER be a top Pro bodybuilder and I needed to focus on other endeavors instead of just thinking about how big and lean I could be. I have long skinny arms and legs and I store all my fat in my torso. I used to spend insane amounts of money on steroids and GH just to impress idiots I didn't even know.

Now I focus more on my career, family and my overall health. Yes I still train and I take some test but I will definitely miss a workout or a meal in order to spend extra time with my family or to work harder at my job. I think its sad when I see guys in their 40s with shitty genetics who will never make money doing this but they spend all their time and money on being a meathead.

How many guys have you seen on this very forum drop dead in their 30s and 40s because of this lifestyle? If you are making a lot of money doing this then it somewhat makes sense but otherwise you are a selfish person who doesn't care about your kids, family etc if you spend all your time and money on a hobby that will only shorten your lifespan. You might be the biggest guy at your job and maybe strangers stare at you but is it really worth it if you die at 45 and never spent much time with your kids as they were growing up?

Success now means hoping for a good boner and not pooping my pants.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131