advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have any of you guys ever been bouncers?

Back to the og subject...Sorry, I would not be a good candidate for a bouncer nowa dayz...I would be more of a liability unless told not to be by someone I actually respected.;)

When it came to the physical confrontation side it was a hassle, I beat one guys ass and in the process yanked my glute/hammie bad....I didnt have a scratch on me from the guy but fucking could not do legs for a month...and was limping around for a few days, not too mention that half the guys you cracked went and got the cops, I had to go to the magistrates office many a night and fill out police reports on people who were drunk for fear that when they sobered up they could hit me with assault....not worth the bullshit as a bodybuilder IMHO.

I think it totally depends on where you're working. I've been bouncing at a few different bars for almost 5 years in a small college town, and it's not too bad. We've got a pretty clear agreement with the local cops, that as long as we don't really injure someone too bad, they will be on our side.

Overall the scenery is great and the pay is ok. Still gets old though dealing with drunk assholes.

Did a lot of bouncing gigs in the 80s 90s. Later some pretty good bg jobs.
Those can be pretty nice , good money low hassle. Strip joint / bar bouncing is usually a low pay pain in the ass. Had one in a bar that had a tattoo
shop adjoining the bar. That one was busy. I had baseball bats and other tools strategically hidden . needed those in that joint. Lots of stabbings
ect. Sometimes though it was nice- a buck and a half to watch TV and eat.
Bouncing is for kids. I value my sleep far to much for that tired old scene

"Gone are the days when you could run someone into the cigarette machine, then throw them bodily through the door."

I was detained for a very similar incident in Chinque Terra (Italy)...Oh, the good ole days are gone now:D

Since the 80's. It sucks.

LOTS of stupid drunks ("The party bus gets in for free, right?"), and the younger they are, the worse they are. LOTS of boredom.

Yuo used to get paid cash - usually $15 an hour or more, now it's on a check mostly, and more like $9, though there are exceptions. Yuo may also double as a barback, and tote a lot of beer cases and trash throughout the night, and after the close.

Can NOT touch people unless they initial physical contact with you first. Gone are the days when you could run someone into the cigarette machine, then throw them bodily through the door.

Do anything else.

AAAHHH YES the good ol days. We use to use there heads to open the
back doors....... and of course hit the cigarette machine on the way out :)

Its a gamble. Yes its easy to pull ass and pay can be OK especially if you look at it like getting paid to go out like I did. As mentioned YOU BETTER KNOW HOW TO FIGHT, I don't mean the little punk shit you see two normal guys doing. Chances are good you'll be outnumbered a few times and drunks and drug users don't feel pain like sober people. I've got a torn pec to show for my years of bouncing and man have I been through some shit!

Looks like I should probably take up some type of martial arts before giving it a try.

Looks like I should probably take up some type of martial arts before giving it a try.

99% of the time, i was always able to defuse the situation and get the people to leave before shit got out of hand. If you walk around the club acting like Billy Badass you are going to be treated as such and everyone will want a piece of you.

If you are going to bounce, be cool, don't overreact, and if you do have to grab somebody make sure you do it fast, hard and be done. Nothing personal about it, get them out of your bar and be done.

I started bouncing in the Marine Corps while not on deployment and kept it as a side job for over a decade. The hours suck and the pay is not worth it but i believe my advice above is solid

if your 20........then HELL YEA......DO IT

it'll be the best time of your life

and you'll learn alot about people and their actions
you'll learn to read people by body language and such

get in good with certain people.....and opportunities open up

lol....sometimes good, sometimes bad

i'm almost certain, that you'll make some lifelong friends in the process

:)

I work on the door and have done for some years, I enjoy it most of the time and the pay is still pretty good in some parts of the uk ($20-25 per hour). I have had my fair share of fights and injuries, it's part of the course. Got some lovely scars.

One thing I have noticed in recent years are the number of incompetent little tools working the doors. I have sent people home before as they would have been a liability. This is all because of the SIA and their licensing crap, however this is hopefully being scrapped soon.

As said previously the sights and stories are comedy gold and the pussy is on tap ;)

It all comes down to the boys you are working with, good team = good shift.

if your 20........then HELL YEA......DO IT

it'll be the best time of your life

and you'll learn alot about people and their actions
you'll learn to read people by body language and such

get in good with certain people.....and opportunities open up

lol....sometimes good, sometimes bad

i'm almost certain, that you'll make some lifelong friends in the process

:)

what about lifelong enemys? lol

There is a broad spectrum when it comes to bouncing jobs...I have spent many years doing it at many levels. Started out as a kid in a country bar for aroung $6-7/hr I think it was...late nights, dumping trash cans, and regular nightly fights. ONLY positive was the constant ass. I have worked all over the country in biker bars, college bars, trendy night spots...you name it. After a divorce I decided to relocate back to Las Vegas at an attempt to make some "real" money in the night life scene....
I wore a suit and brought a resume to every place I could find...after alittle fustration I was hired at a new upscale strip club. Started the afternoon shift and other than my $12/hr, there wasn't much money to be had. Well, within a year I had become lead floor host on the best shifts...and eventually moved up to shift manager shortly thereafter. There is an art form to working in a stripclub...unlike a regular bar. We had it down...on top of my weekly check, $300 cash a night was a bad night, and I can recall several times I had well over a grand in my pocket at the end of the night...as a manager this was even more common (was salary @ $600/wk as manager as well).
Now, there's a flip side to every coin. I'd spend ungodly hours as a manager...I'd have to deal with 50+ strippers all in one spot (even more of a nightmare than it may sound trust me!) I saw things that make you lose any faith in society...and bother anyone with even half a heart. As hard as I tried not to, I got caught up in the scene too much...hard not to. I walked away from it all after a heart to heart with myself.
I made one more run at it in a popular nightclub years later. There's always a hustle in it somewhere...and I did alright, but nowhere near the stripclub money at my best. Some rules are to never burn bridges in that scene...connections are everything and its a small world. Shoot for the upscale clubs...but go where the moneys at, make it worth your while. Get it and get out...don't get caught up.
One CAN make a good living at it...but theres a price to pay. I have several friends that are still at it and living like kings...but thats a very small group....90% of "bouncers" don't make shit, do it for alittle extra cash and ass, and thats it.
If you want a job, play the part according to the place. Upscale clubs don't want someone who scares everyone...they look for professional, customer service guys that can handle the job and ALL it entails. Wear a suit and look sharp. I'm big, bald, and damn near completely covered in black and grey tattoos from my neck down...yet I can play the part. It's much easier for me in a biker bar, where I'd go in in jeans boots and a t-shirt. Don't count them out...a rough bar wanting good help can pay very well at times...but you'll earn your money!
Best of luck...its a tougher gig that most think, rarely glamourious, and often boring.

Back to the og subject...Sorry, I would not be a good candidate for a bouncer nowa dayz...I would be more of a liability unless told not to be by someone I actually respected.;)

Come on, with that temper of yours I think you'd make a fantastic bouncer:rolleyes: Just don't let any sales guys in the place;)

I did for a couple years, fun at times but gets old quick.

I don't have time to go around to clubs asking if there hiring because of school and my current job. Would it be alright if I just called some places up and ask if there in need of a bouncer?

After working in bars in/after college never even go to bars anymore! Cant stand the "scene" drunk douchebags and skanky bitches. Pretty much beat on idiots for petty cash, gets old real quick.

Only cool for benefit of tons of chicks, at all times. But mostly trashy types

Do some BJJ, and Muay Thai, you will need it!

i do it in australia, pretty good pay. Where i do it most things are quite safe. A lot of it is just talking, as soon as you lay a hand on someone you have to write a report. but most of the time just pull the person from his group of friends and just have a friendly chat telling him he is too intoxicated and has gotta go.

i like my job, but so far i havent had a really bad shift.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131