advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have any of you successfully lowered C-Reactive Protein (CRP)?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Please detail how you did it if you were able to significantly lower it through supplementation, etc. Range is 0.0-3.0 but I have read people mentioning they have very low values - which is a good thing.

After a stressful time in my life, December 2015, I was at 2.32.
September 2016 it had gone down to 1.52.
January 2018 it sat at 2.02.

All within range but I would like to get this down as low as possible since my other markers are pretty damn good. Thanks.

On 5th Jan 2017 mine was 1.0 and 1 month later on the 9th Feb 2017 it was 0.2. I have had it down to 0.1 and my last result a few months ago was 0.3.

I couldn't give you an exact answer how I done it but it was more a combination of things. Using common sense with aas but I still go higher on occasions. Using a high quality fish and/or krill oil. I think one of the best things is my anti-oxidant intake in the form of various berries and even powders. I take in green and extra acai powders twice daily. I use 1 gram ester c per night.

All the basics really and I think ubiquinol has helped. I recently added in curcumin and I hope that has made a difference but I haven't tested it over the last few months. You know all of this and probably take most of those things. I definitely think high antioxidants (and extra vit c) helps with good fats and then the main 2 of curcumin and ubiquinol. I should add I think keeping liver enzymes down (see below) is useful as well so for that again common sense with orals, synthergine and lemon water etc.

Association between elevated liver enzymes and C-reactive protein: possible hepatic contribution to systemic inflammation in the metabolic syndrome.

Kerner A1, Avizohar O, Sella R, Bartha P, Zinder O, Markiewicz W, Levy Y, Brook GJ, Aronson D.

OBJECTIVE:

The objective of this study was to test whether the frequent association between liver enzyme elevations and various components of the metabolic syndrome is associated with higher C-reactive protein (CRP) levels.

METHODS AND RESULTS:

Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), alkaline phosphatase (Alk-P), and high-sensitivity CRP were measured in 1740 subjects. Adjusted geometric mean CRP was calculated for subjects with normal and elevated ALT and for subjects with normal and elevated Alk-P, adjusting for age, sex, smoking, physical activity, body mass index, fasting glucose, triglycerides, the presence of hypertension and low HDL cholesterol, and use of aspirin or hormone replacement therapy. Adjusted CRP levels were higher in subjects with elevated ALT (2.21 versus 1.94 mg/L, P=0.028) or elevated Alk-P (2.58 versus 1.66 mg/L, P<0.0001). Logistic regression showed that compared with subjects with normal liver function tests, the adjusted odds for high-risk CRP (>3 mg/L) were significantly higher in subjects with elevated ALT (OR, 1.5; 95% CI, 1.2 to 1.9, P=0.002) or elevated Alk-P (OR, 2.1; 95% CI, 1.7 to 2.6, P<0.0001).

CONCLUSIONS:

Elevations of liver enzymes are associated with higher CRP concentrations. Hepatic inflammation secondary to liver steatosis is a potential contributor to the low-grade inflammation associated with the metabolic syndrome.

Last edited:
Mine has been as high as 2.0 a few years ago..... it was 1.5 in August when I had just started keto.... Then just in February was .4.....Since December I have taken 4g/day EPA only fish oil to lower ldl, 1.5 g curcumin by terry naturally, curamed brand, and a slew of other antoxs incl coq and citrus b etc..... and I’m still on keto… One thing you may want to be aware of, is how close to the test you worked out… I know in my August test, it had just been a couple days, and in February I waited three or four… Also not working out as hard right now as I just had shoulder and hernia surgery… I would definitely be aware of where your workout though compared to the tests

I don't stress over stupid shit. I don't eat processed carbs. I eat lots of healthy fats. I get on average 8 hours of sleep each night. I take curcumin and ubiquinol consistently. I do consistent cardio.

from over 1(can't remember the exact) down to .2

Switched to higher fat diet
Lowered training volume
consistent cardio(mod intensity)
curcummin
carditone
arjuna

Those are all the things that took place between. Sorry I can't nail down specifically or if it's a combo of all.

I trained a day prior so could be slightly elevated due to that but mine came back 2.5.

I’ve read Capros reduces CRP quite considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried glutathione injections as well as several grams of vitamin c a day? I've read where people had success with the glutathione.

Anything that lowers whole body and endothelial inflammation will help lower this value. So think along those lines. Anti inflammatory diet (good quality fats like avocado, lower carbs, no sugar), curcumin, ginger, krill/fish oil, GLA, ALA, Res-V, Spirulina, blueberries, etc.

You know this knight. [emoji6]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner