advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have any of you thought about trying Pro Wrestling?

IcyChill

Registered
I'm sure some of you would get far. All you need is training, a big muscular physique, sometimes not even, and a distinct name and look.

yep ive done it...

let me add... Athleticism, flexibility, high pain tolerance, dedication, and a whole lot more including a willingness to sacrifice your body for very little pay for a long time.

^^^ Yup.
i was asked at the gym i worked out at if i wanted to look into it. i knew a guy at my gym that is a pro wrestler and he wanted me to look into it but its not for me.

its a pretty dangerous sport. gotta really want to do it and love it to go as far as some of those guys go to "entertain."
-JS

I was going to try this about 10 years ago, when I was young and crazy. I went to a match in a local bar and those dudes beat the shit out of each other. Looked real to me, no thanks.

Last year I was in a video shop and a little boy was tugging on him mom's coat saying,"Look mom it's one of those wrestler guys." I thought it was pretty funny. Just goes to show you that everything looks big to a 5 year old. Hell I was about 215 at the time - a far cry from someone 7 foot 11" weighing in at 500 pounds. That said, I do have a pretty good wrestling name if I don't mind saying so myself.

And in this corner, hailing from Australia by way Los Angeles.... animal eater:D

Currently chasing the dream myself! I'm doing pretty well for myself...hopefully it all pays off! Recently worked a few shots for Ring of Honor, the 3rd biggest company in the US. Been on the circuit now for 4 years. Lots and lots of miles! Taking the road trip from Boston to Louisville, KY for a 4 match shot with Ohio Valley Wrestling and a Ring of Honor TV taping in December.

Unfortunately, I'm only 5'11" so not a big guy with little actual chance of making it big. It's a fun and challenging hobby though!

good luck man, did some OVW myself back in the day...

the important thing to remember is, even though you are only 5'11" dont fool yourself...
Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, AJ Styles, and the list goes on and on... all under 6 ft or so... Hell, im 5'8" (5'10" in boots) and that never stopped me.

Currently chasing the dream myself! I'm doing pretty well for myself...hopefully it all pays off! Recently worked a few shots for Ring of Honor, the 3rd biggest company in the US. Been on the circuit now for 4 years. Lots and lots of miles! Taking the road trip from Boston to Louisville, KY for a 4 match shot with Ohio Valley Wrestling and a Ring of Honor TV taping in December.

Unfortunately, I'm only 5'11" so not a big guy with little actual chance of making it big. It's a fun and challenging hobby though!

Good luck dude.

Just find something that sets you apart from others!

Are u in good shape atleast? That'll take you a long way just in itself, and theres nothing i hate more than watching a fat indy wrestler or one who doesnt workout.

I know 2 guys that were or still are in prob wrestling. Both of the guys were always injured it seems. One of the guys actually made it into the WWF, it might have been like a minor league for them or something but I forget. Anyways, this guy ended up getting run through with a spear acting out a stunt! He was hurt pretty bad and was out of wresting for quite awhile. While he was out, the WWF dropped him like a hot potato. After working it for another year or so in other organizations he finally gave it up because like others have said the pay sucks and you travel all the time. He is now a nurse practitioner or some equivalent of that and much happier I think.

The other guy always was limping around with something hurt. Usually it was lower limb related, like knee or broken bones.

I know 2 guys that were or still are in prob wrestling. Both of the guys were always injured it seems. One of the guys actually made it into the WWF, it might have been like a minor league for them or something but I forget. Anyways, this guy ended up getting run through with a spear acting out a stunt! He was hurt pretty bad and was out of wresting for quite awhile. While he was out, the WWF dropped him like a hot potato. After working it for another year or so in other organizations he finally gave it up because like others have said the pay sucks and you travel all the time. He is now a nurse practitioner or some equivalent of that and much happier I think.

The other guy always was limping around with something hurt. Usually it was lower limb related, like knee or broken bones.

yeah, 10yrs of it has left me beat up all to hell... scars, snapped tendons/ligaments, concussions... a jaw that likes to dislocate randomly...

yeah, 10yrs of it has left me beat up all to hell... scars, snapped tendons/ligaments, concussions... a jaw that likes to dislocate randomly...

Another thing that nobody mentions about pro wrestling is the lifestyle you have to lead. I know both of them mentioned taking pain killers a lot to get by, and I cant imagine that travel all over makes it that easy to eat healthy etc. What was the lifestyle like for you?

Another thing that nobody mentions about pro wrestling is the lifestyle you have to lead. I know both of them mentioned taking pain killers a lot to get by, and I cant imagine that travel all over makes it that easy to eat healthy etc. What was the lifestyle like for you?

Thankfully, I cant touch painkillers... so minus Ibuprofen when it was really bad... i just learned to live with a certain level of pain in my body.. oh, and the green stuff...
i mean im barely 30 but when i wake up i feel about 50 some mornings. I started in the ring at 18.

But yes... there is definitely a lifestyle involved... its Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll probably even more than your average rockstars party wise, even without any money, lol. Lots of drinking, partying, after show parties at stripclubs and after stripclub parties in hotels... only to get up after 3hrs sleep, drive to the next town, hit the gym, then do it all over again.

That said.. I wouldnt trade it for anything, lol... loved every minute of it, wouldnt go back and change a single damned thing.. except maybe keep a few friends from dying.

food wise... some days we ate good, some bad... I always brought something with me, a cooler of chicken and a box of RTD shakes.

I am 6'6 270lb 26 with a good look

I just spent the last 6 months in Tampa Florida Training at FCW the talent development system for the WWE. I had a lot of experiences some good some bad but what i learned that unless you truley love the business of wrestiling you will never make it beacuse it takes a life time of dedaction and work with knowing that you may never make it.

Now i am a big dude where i come from but when i saw some of the other wrestlers there i was avarage unless you are a 7 footer and 300+ you are average there was a ton of guys that looked like me maby not as big but the averafe is 6'2-6'7 220 to 250lb

Oh ya and the first thing they asked me when i walked in the door was when can you piss clean from what i was tol the same people that test the wrestlers test the NFL as well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131