qtropin
Professional Muscle Store open now
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have Any of You Turned to God to Help With Your Depression?

Acadian

Registered
I believe that I was predisposed to depression, which runs in my family. Ever since I can remember, I was riddled with anxiety and anger, which manifested into a fully depressive state following high-school. For 12 years I tried counseling and medications, neither of which were particularly effective. Finally in 2005 as environmental factors exasperated my condition, I went to what I believed was my last resource and hope...God

I thought at this point that, "what do I have to lose?". I hadn't been to church in years and really hadn't a real relationship with God for that long as well, but I started to just talk to him as if he was a friend sitting next to me (which he was). Even if I was around people, I would have an internal dialogue which would often calm me during previously stressful situations.

What I think God does is open doors. From my establishment of a relationship with him, I began to be pointed toward spiritual teachers and self-fulfillment gurus who help further develop my spirituality.

The conclusion is that this change of direction in my life has helped me tremendously. Gone is the chronic anger, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, and anti-depressants. I cannot say that everyday is sunshine and roses, but compared to where I was 5 years ago, I know that my decision to live my life through God was the correct one.

If you are struggling with these issues, I hope that I have put an option into your mind that may have not previously been there.

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The sooner you come to grips with the fact that there is NO GOD, the happier you will be. And even if there is, he/she is a cruel evil trickster at best. Enjoy your life be happy with other people and this wonderful world we live on. Life is short and you must make the best out of each and every day without trying to lean on something like religion.

Acadian

Registered
The sooner you come to grips with the fact that there is NO GOD, the happier you will be. And even if there is, he/she is a cruel evil trickster at best. Enjoy your life be happy with other people and this wonderful world we live on. Life is short and you must make the best out of each and every day without trying to lean on something like religion.
I actually have issues with the history and current tenants set forth by many organized religions. If you do not believe in God, that is completely your decision and I won't argue with your right to your opinion. Even though I attend church, it is more for an atmosphere that I find makes me feel more spiritual rather than that I believe that everything said in there is 100% factual. I do not "lean" on a religion but choose to live my life in a spiritual way that is through God...If you want your opinion respected than respect my opinion that there IS a God, and no the happier I will NOT be, because I was already there before and it sucked...

pcp316

Newbies
Here, try this book.....Conversations with God by Neal Donald Walsch. In the very least it is an interesting read, I am reading it again to better understand it though. I consider myself a Christian and had a hard time dealing with some of the material discussed in the book but on the other side it made a lot of sense and allowed me to feel a bit more positive about life in general. By the way I will say I just got divorced last month after 17 yrs of marriage and this book and a couple others have been an intergral part in my recovery from depression, suicidal thoughts and a basic negative approach to my whole situation, good luck.

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
amen brother..........................:D

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
Faith is a gift

Faith in God can have a huge positive impact in a persons life.

Acadian, I have also struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. I'm in the pharmaceutical business and I know the benefits proper medications can have on people. But I also know first hand it's typically not a cure, just a much needed crutch.

I have zero faith and no spirituality. And I know both would be so beneficial to me, my family and all I come into contact with. So I am happy for you, while also being envious.

Leo Tolstoy has a quote in War and Peace that really struck me. It gives me hope, while at the same time planting doubt in the devout. Of which Count Tolstoy was, a man of extreme faith.

"No one really knows if there is a god until they die. And then they know everything. Or stop asking". This pushed me from atheist to agnostic.

But it's difficult to believe a loving God would allow all the horrors in this world, but help me be happier about going to work in the morning. And I say this to you respectfully. Now I'm off to take my CNS meeds, and go for a long run.

Keep the faith. The alternative is no fun. Except for the nihilist chaos lovers. :lightbulb::lightbulb:

viveutvivas

Registered
If god doesn't cure babies with cancer, why do you think he should help you with your depression?

dbbt

Registered
all of you 'NON BELIEVERS' out there...here's a challenge:

Take Anatomy and Physiology I and II
Take Chemistry 101

Then come back here and tell me there is no God

God never said life would be fair or easy. HE wants to see how YOU deal with the issues in your life. Without challenges, without obstacles, life would be too easy. Anyway, take those classes if you truly are an atheist or non believer.

Take care

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Take Chemistry 101

God never said life would be fair or easy. HE wants to see how YOU deal with the issues in your life. Without challenges, without obstacles, life would be too easy. Anyway, take those classes if you truly are an atheist or non believer.

Take care
What's your point? I've taken all of those classes. Nothing in A&P makes me believe in god. And certainly nothing I see in the medical field makes me believe shit. I see kids of all ages die horrible deaths almost every day. Fuck god.

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Take Chemistry 101

Take care
Those are science classes. How can you take these intellectual courses and then make a connection to "an imaginary man in the sky" who must have been the lonely creator?

While I say I'm an atheist, my feelings are more about proof. Nobody has proof of anything. Have you ever read the book "THE GOD DELUSION" by Richard Dawkins? My flying spaghetti monster has just as much proof as your god.

God is a man? A he? Or is it an asexual?
There is only 1 God? Not 2 or 37?
Who made God?
Why does God grant miracles to rich white people in hospitals in LA but let the poor children of Africa die? Wouldn't he even things out a bit?

Studies have been done to show that those with higher IQ's tend to believe less in religion. Mensa members are the least likely. People with IQ's of 100 or below are the most likely.

I'm not saying there's NOTHING... but to say you KNOW the answer is somewhat ignorant. I'll say that yes, something is the reason we are here today... but what?

People need answers, even when the answer is a lie.

PHIL HERNON

Banned
Two thoughts

1. Yes, but studies have also shown that the majority of people ABOVE the higher intellectuals, the SUPER IQs, tend to believe in a God.
2. Thomas Merton said it best. " God is not a BEING............BEING is God".

ledbetter

Newbies

Take Chemistry 101

Take care
This is the laziest arguement for the case of god I have ever seen.

RLara85

Registered
I don't believe in god, at least no god which as been written about in any religious text. However, I think non-believers should also be more accepting. I know lots of Atheists and Agnostics claim that religious folk always push their beliefs down our throat, but I've seen plenty of people of my own way of thinking attack any idea of the possibility of a god. I think maybe we should lead by example.

While I don't believe, I am very open-minded and think everyone should be free to believe in and participate in anything they wish as long as it produces a positive result, or at least doesn't produce negative results for others.

When it comes down to it, my beliefs are most likely wrong, and I can openly admit that. I'm human, I know just as little as any of you and am basically just taking a wild guess based on my limited comprehension skills and what I perceive, so thinking my view is superior is just silly.

ronnieron

Kilo Klub Member
When you truly accept Christ into your life and his spirit lives within you, you will than believe there is a God. Those who do not believe do not have a personal relationship with him. If he do not believe in him then you have NO FAITH, without FAITH nothing can be done.
To experience Gods help and blessings you must have FAITH, he wants you to believe your problems are taken care of, before you even ask him.
Long story short, I lost my job a year ago, at first months went by and I though suicide thoughts, depression and not be able to go on. After months of this I began going to church every week, and even though I am still jobless, my bills and needs are met while my family's income is a 1/3 of what it was when I was working. 3 weeks ago I even began to tithe, and now have an interview next week.
Just saying you can not ask God for something, it is not done, or not done instantly and then turn your back and say see there is no God. God has given every person the free will to do anything, so if someone pulls a gun and shoots you in the head, you can not question God, as to why he did not intervene.

TNT_REP

Registered
good 4 you bro

Hey man you picked the right medication! God is the way brutha. I have ANXIETY horrible. It stems from my childhood growing up with an alcoholic father. I am no holy roller but my wife and I watch Joel Olsteen on CBS every Sunday morning brutha. If you want a feeling a peace and encouragement watch him. Also go to his website. He has quotes and sayings that will lift your spirits and make you feel tons better. All I can say is pray and God is always listening. I am not perfect by any means and I sin every day. I do know God has taken me places I have never been and without him I would probably be in jail or dead.

As far as your anxiety and depression have you ever taken Cymbalta? I take it every day and it makes me feel tons better bro.. Talk to your doc about it.

Well hope I helped a bit..Seriously check out Joel Olsteens website. He is awesome to listen to. lmk how it goes my man! God bless you brutha :)

XKawN916

Registered
i believe in god. i also believe he hates me. i'm not sad about it. it's a free country and he can hate me if he wants.

shootg32

Registered
Lord spoke to my heart....

I've been saved by my Lord Jesus through God's mercy on me. It's been 2 years and 11 months now. He spoke though not in a voice by in my heart one night as the jist of it was either believe in my name or move forward in life your way/s!

I accepted him this time after ignoring all the doors and people he'd put in front of me in my life. Thus what a Great God we have as I couldn't see this before but after being saved my eyes could look back and see all what God was doing in my life that I just choose to ignore.

My testimony is of a person that many of others are also who I was. Loved money, sex, lieing, stealing, cheating, rolling in filth, destroying everyone around me but not seeing what the true effects was. Though I wasn't some scumbag as I did all that above with a smile and with a nice guy image. Don't matter when your heart and flesh is what controls you and not the WILL of God. He has been changing me from the inside out every since and WOW He has done things I could of never done.

I wasn't a big praying person nor did I read the bible and what I have found out is simple. Pray so Jesus gets to know you better and read the bible so you get to know him better. I can't believe how much wrong info. I heard in my life about God from people that when I actually read the bible myself, I kept going what that person said was not even close to what God's word says.

Don't be fooled by Satan and this fallen world as this is not our home and it is crumpling fast. Just as it was written it would do.

Jesus saved my life and no I'm not a coward dork in my closet. I am in out every day life battling againist the same sins you are.

Take it easy.

Saved!

p.s no need to bad mouth me as I lived worldly so I'm not going back to it with insults and jabs tossed at me. You judge you and I'll judge me as one day we'll all stand before the great judge.

MongolianSlut

Newbies
i believe in god. i also believe he hates me. i'm not sad about it. it's a free country and he can hate me if he wants.
spot on ! i fucking hate him and he hates me back
PS: god if you there reading this,screw you !

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
AnarchE123