over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have developed allergies to multiple foods, about to give up

kpumpin

Registered
I started off having intolerances/allergies to some fruits where I would get hives, swollen lips, and an itchy tongue. It has gotten progressively worse over the course of time. Now I can't find one single fruit that I can eat. It has continues to move on to other foods.

I was able to eat a diet with most of my carbs coming from sweet potatoes, but that has been the last thing that I now can't eat that has finished me off. Im seriously thinking about quitting. The funny thing is that I can eat crappy processed foods usually without problem.

The doctor says it is whats called oral allergy syndrome and really there isn't any treatment to allow me to eat the foods. Only avoidance because it could become anaphylactic. He said they have done studies with slowly introducing the foods backs in but have taken years and really haven't been that successful. He also said he has only seen a few cases as bad as mine.

As of right now I can't eat any fruit, the only vegetable that I can eat without any symptoms is white potatoes. I can't eat any green vegetables, sweet potatoes, fruits, no nuts that I know of, oats, or any milk proteins. The milk proteins were very bad and almost caused me to have a surgical procedure. That eliminates most protein powders.

Anyone ever experienced or known anyone that has had anything like this? Im frustrated beyond belief. Maybe this is time telling me you've done this long enough, eat some cookies.

Only thought I have is maybe search for other doctor's. Get different opinions. Help you get it worked out!

I will second getting another option on treatment. But for now write down every thing you know you can eat now. And rotate the foods constantly. To help avoid more issues.

I would do all and every blood, skin allergy test I could. plus get second opinions.

Then I would research and try and treat "leaky gut"

I would also get tested for worms or parasites.

Then I would do an anti-viral/antibiotic supplement plan with natural things.

IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THEM
  • Manuka honey
  • Lactoferrin
  • acacia extract
  • monolauren
  • lysine
  • etc.

Also try and fix your gut, pro-biotics, pre-biotics, digestive enzymes, etc.

I would also look at ways to lower histamine response, but the other things seem more important, good luck bro.

I would do all and every blood, skin allergy test I could. plus get second opinions.

Then I would research and try and treat "leaky gut"

I would also get tested for worms or parasites.

Then I would do an anti-viral/antibiotic supplement plan with natural things.

IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THEM

• Manuka honey
  • Lactoferrin
  • acacia extract
  • monolauren
  • lysine
  • etc.

Also try and fix your gut, pro-biotics, pre-biotics, digestive enzymes, etc.

I would also look at ways to lower histamine response, but the other things seem more important, good luck bro.

As above but worth adding l glutamine for gut health

Thanks for the replies. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'll look into all of these.

Also rotating foods is getting harder to do. I can change meats and eat eggs but the white potatoes and white rice are the only carbs I can tolerate without any symptoms now

Last edited:
Flexodone bet me to it, was going to come back and mention leaky gut issues. For carbs, try an international grocery. There are different potatoes, quinoa, and such you probably have not tried. Just to rotate, so potatoes don't end up on the list.

Leaky gut causes undigested food partials to enter the blood stream. This causes a histamine response. I would try anything that aids gut health to see if you can help it. Most doctors do believe in leaky gut. But most medicines cause it to some degree. Are you on any medication?

I've been on it for 5 years or so. I have had some of these allergies to certain things before that but the list keeps growing. I only have digestive issues if I try to eat some of the more tolerable foods which cause a mild itching of the lips and mouth

I think you would be best served starting with a supplemental plan to heal the gut. Not good taking 30 pills a day if you have upset digestion. Once the most important part is healed, the gut, then move onto some other supps.

The company my mom works for has some stuff called Butyric acid, she says it's supposed to help heal the gut.

"Butyrate enhances the intestinal barrier by facilitating tight junction
assembly via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in Caco-2 cell
monolayers.

Peng L, Li ZR, Green RS, Holzman IR, Lin J.
Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA.
Butyrate, one of the SCFA, promotes the development of the intestinal barrier. "

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sci.life-extension/evyFMWRSadQ

Amazon.com: butyric acid

Butyric acid attenuates intestinal inflammation in murine DSS-induced colitis model via milk fat globule-EGF factor 8.

Butyric acid attenuates intestinal inflammation in murine DSS-induc... - PubMed - NCBI

I haven't really done much study on leaky gut but it seems like a good starting point would be

• Butyric acid
  • Glutatmine
  • Mankua honey
  • Pro-biotics
  • Digestive enxymes
  • licorice

What your talking about really sound like leaky gut bro.

**broken link removed**

8 Supplements To Heal A Leaky Gut

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear