YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have TRT appointment with urologist Thurs. What if doc won't prescribe injections?

Jake LaMotta

Registered
I posted 2 threads here concerning my situation:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41344

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41497

I have my TRT appointment with a urologist Thurs. He is probably going to be running some tests on me (my primary doc already did initial blood work on me which revealed low testosterone). FYI, I haven't been "on" since summer of 1999 (but foolishly didn't do any PCT after).

My biggest fear is this: once tests results return and he is ready to start me on a TRT program, I fear that he will refuse to put me on injections and will only start me on either the gel, creme, or patches. EVERYONE I have spoken with (in real life and on the net) has told me DO NOT take any thing other than the injections because the other methods are useless. Plus, I have heard some horror stories of some really ignorant docs who think anyone who will only take an injection is a "juice head" and just looking to "sauce up again" and thus the doc than shuns these people. I hope I don't run into that kind of doc. My cousin is a urologist in residency and said that I should just simply tell the doc that "I have done lots of research and talked to a lot of people and I feel most comfortable taking injections". He also said the doc I'm going to see is a nice guy with a good bedside manner.

So what do you guys think? Is my fear well founded? Has anyone ran into a doc that WON'T prescribe injections and only gel, creme, etc.? Can someone who has gone through this tell me what my first appointment will be like Thursday (physical exam, ordering of tests, possibly starting HRT,etc.).

Another thing I'm worried about is that once I get started on a TRT program, my doc will want my testosterone at too low of a level. What should it be at for a 28-29 year old? 600 ng/dL? 700 ng/dL? 800 ng/dL?

Does anyone know what it's like to be 28 years old (about to turn 29) and only be able to get a semi-not even really hard erection that isn't even stiff enough to have sex with? IT SUCKS!!!

By the way, here are my numbers:

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL: 236 (range is 260-1000)
TESTOSTERONE, %, FREE: 1.8 (range is 1.0-2.7)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 43.4 (range is 50.0-210.0)

Last edited:
its your body and your life not his

so you have every right to demand an effective product

Why a urologist. Endocrinologist are primary for HRT and such problems. I never had a problem. They started my on cream etc and a month later i said i couldn't stand the messiness of it and asked for inj. I was asked how would I administer it and I said my wife can. I was told she would have to come and and be taught and made the appointment. I knew this was going to be said and requested and went along with it.

Last edited:
Before you jump the gun about TRT, it may not be fully necessary. It could be as simple as taking an HCG protocal for a while to get your natty production going. Your uro will know by looking at a detailed hormone panel if this is the case.

Now if you do start the TRT talk, you may find your uro will initially resort to the gels and creams. It is very common as only a small percentage of those being prescribed fully understand the advantage (or assumed advantage) of injectible test over transdermal. Those benefits such as keeping a steady blood level and the ability to absorb thee gel's creams etc. If this is the case you can certainly suggest that you would rather have injections. The doc may still not agree. At this point as you and I both understand the current fears of some doctors are facing by possibly "un-necessarily" prescribing test.

This is the part that you seek a 2nd, 3rd, even 4th opinion. You want to fin a uro that is more concerned with how you fill than just "sticking to the protocal." This is a life long endeavor and you want to uro that will work with you to increase your quality of life. You most likely will only need to set up an appointment and ask the 1st uro to fax any test results to other prospective docs. The tests have already been ran so now it will just be a consultation and hopefully you will find someone more open to prescribing what you seek.

Good luck.

Why a urologist. Endocrinologist are primary for HRT and such problems.

For 4 reasons:

1. My primary doc said endos AND urologists can handle this.

2. A few people I know who have had success with TRT have gone to urologists.

3. I called every endo in my area and some were so booked up they weren't even accepting new patients and the ones that were couldn't get me in to March. The way I feel now THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I COULD WAIT UNTIL MARCH.

4. My cousin who is a urologist in residency said the guy I'm going to see Thursday deals a lot with TRT.

Many urologist actually seek a holistic approach and tend to concern themselves with actually helping you feel your best than just a typical protocal. You will find more uro's are susceptible to prescribing TRT that doesn't just put you in the upper quarter range but may actually place you slightly beyond. Just my experience and what I have gathered from others...

Why a urologist. Endocrinologist are primary for HRT and such problems. I never had a problem. They started my on cream etc and a month later i said i couldn't stand the messiness of it and asked for inj. I was asked how would I administer it and I said my wife can. I was told she would have to come and and be taught and made the appointment. I knew this was going to be said and requested and went along with it.

Many urologist actually seek a holistic approach and tend to concern themselves with actually helping you feel your best than just a typical protocal. You will find more uro's are susceptible to prescribing TRT that doesn't just put you in the upper quarter range but may actually place you slightly beyond. Just my experience and what I have gathered from others...

So it's better to go to a urologist for this problem? So basically you're saying that in a way it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't get in with an endo and ended up with a urologist?

So it's better to go to a urologist for this problem? So basically you're saying that in a way it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't get in with an endo and ended up with a urologist?

It's a possibility...the biggest factor is finding someone who will work with you.

This is the part that you seek a 2nd, 3rd, even 4th opinion. You want to fin a uro that is more concerned with how you fill than just "sticking to the protocal." This is a life long endeavor and you want to uro that will work with you to increase your quality of life. You most likely will only need to set up an appointment and ask the 1st uro to fax any test results to other prospective docs. The tests have already been ran so now it will just be a consultation and hopefully you will find someone more open to prescribing what you seek.

I already beat you to the punch. I have scheduled appointments with 4 doctors in the next 6 weeks (2 urologists and 2 endocrinologists). Hopefully out of the 4 I will find 1 that will work with me.

VTliftVT I appreciate all your help buddy.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear