over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN COACHED?

I have worked with two.

Worked with Wesley from Iron Addicts before he passed, focused on getting much more explosive for college sports while still adding LBM. His methods were fantastic.

For diet I worked with Skip Hill. He didn't focus much on the training for me as Wes's write ups were doing great, but with Skip I gained muscle and lost fat. He was also happy to answer any question I asked, and I had a ton. He was really stellar for me and I highly recommend him.

I have worked with two.

Worked with Wesley from Iron Addicts before he passed, focused on getting much more explosive for college sports while still adding LBM. His methods were fantastic.

For diet I worked with Skip Hill. He didn't focus much on the training for me as Wes's write ups were doing great, but with Skip I gained muscle and lost fat. He was also happy to answer any question I asked, and I had a ton. He was really stellar for me and I highly recommend him.
Damn i miss Wesley.Worked with him for two years also.Great guy and coach.His programs,diet and supplement knowledge was awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I never cared much for the team aspect of a sport. I like to know what i accomplished was done on my own with no one else to take credit for the success or to blame on the failure,

Sugashane - thanks for the info

Buck - yeah, not much for the team aspect either. Too many bikini girls trying to be buddies, and i do this to challenge myself individually. Main reason for me, in using a coach is to have the outsiders eye and opinion while dieting and prepping, to learn something new maybe, and having someone to check in with helps me to stay focused while depleted.
My work is very physical and busy, can be mentally draining, so its something i do for myself that helps me to stay balanced

I talked to a few people before I decided (and they accepted me) on going with Tenny and MT.

What I really liked and continue to like about them, is that between the two of them I have close to 24 hour access to them and if I have any question I get an answer quickly. With them working as a team you also get a more thought out approach to everything from your diet, supplements, and training.

And to touch on a point that I see being brought up, yes, a lot of us on here can prep ourselves and probably do a decent job. However, having someone else there to keep the prep crazies away and to help take away some of the stress of trying to find the forest from the trees is invaluable.

Having a coach also brings a new perspective to what easily becomes a singular mentality that we all tend to develop towards our own protocols and comfort zones.

zacharykane - thank you you for your thoughts and feedback. It sounds like it really has been effective for you. Not sure if a 3am question about losing gains or fat loss would be needed (lolol) or lappreciated, but responsiveness and accessibility are an important component to me. Ive had several coaches who you could just tell by their email responses, just werent paying attention.

Was on a plane back from nationals last year, sitting next to a big name coach. He had a couple guys messaging him who were a couple days out from big shows. He wad having his wife reply to them with whatever she wanted to tell them to do with their nutrition. Not uncommon...

Last edited:
Worked with Matt Porter. He's pretty straight and to the point. He did exactly what I paid him for. Best size and condition of my life. I don't feel I "learned" from him very much as I feel we're pretty similar, not that that's bad.

Id definitely recommend him to anyone that would ask. He's a fan of hiit and I never really felt like I was suffering until the end of prep. Drugs were modest at best.

IMO the best female prep coach in the game is Shelby. He turns average genetic females into impressive physiques. Shane Hugely seems to bring females in pretty nasty also.

Anyone ever worked with Blue Taylor? Buddy of mine is and is blowing up. Drugs are definitely up there but that's what he wants.

Worked with Matt Porter. He's pretty straight and to the point. He did exactly what I paid him for. Best size and condition of my life. I don't feel I "learned" from him very much as I feel we're pretty similar, not that that's bad.

Id definitely recommend him to anyone that would ask. He's a fan of hiit and I never really felt like I was suffering until the end of prep. Drugs were modest at best.

IMO the best female prep coach in the game is Shelby. He turns average genetic females into impressive physiques. Shane Hugely seems to bring females in pretty nasty also.

Anyone ever worked with Blue Taylor? Buddy of mine is and is blowing up. Drugs are definitely up there but that's what he wants.

Does Blue Taylor use a solid nutritional and training approach? Is he detailed with his methods? Good communication?

Another check for skip. My gf plans to work with him in the new year.

first, ill say hiring someone was the best money i ever spent in terms of return on investment in all of this.

that said i think what you get out of it strongly depends on your goals going in.

"prep" to some means they wana get crazy with "things" that is probably not the approach that some people take, so i think you need to clearly define what you want to get out of it, with the person before hand.

make sure you are both on the same page.
:lightbulb:

Damn i miss Wesley.Worked with him for two years also.Great guy and coach.His programs,diet and supplement knowledge was awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I was at about my 5th month at his passing. He was a great guy and definitely would do things out of the norm. He was a talker though, first phone consult lasted well over an hour, ended with me just writing a lot of his rant down since there was so much info lol

Does Blue Taylor use a solid nutritional and training approach? Is he detailed with his methods? Good communication?

Blue seems like a legit dude. Gives phone number to clients. He's big on gh/slin. Seems pretty individualized. Training and nutrition. I know 99% of coaches don't do that. Tenny and MT do which is awesome.

getting a coach was best thing i ever did. took me three tries to find the right fit but now im working with IFBB Pro JC and let me tell you this guy is on point. we are going to be bringing a totally new package to the Team U next year.

Wanted to say thanks for the suggestions. It's great to find someone who's a good fit for both parties, who will take the time and give personal attention and knowledge... As it should be, since that's the nature of the job
I prefer working with a coach from time to time, to stir things back up, keep it fresh, learn something new, and to be talked down from the ledge as a comp approaches.
Definitely am looking forward to a new plan, new coach, and new look for 2018

getting a coach was best thing i ever did. took me three tries to find the right fit but now im working with IFBB Pro JC and let me tell you this guy is on point. we are going to be bringing a totally new package to the Team U next year.

JC?

Before coaches became the in thing to do. BB'ers were getting very ripped, more so then they are now IMO. Because they actually had to learn how their body worked and redacted. But it did probably take more time and attempts to get this knowledge and many people just want things now without putting in the foot work.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear