yms-GIF-210x65-SB
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have you ever realized to what extent you have body dysmorphia?

So I believe its two factors:

First - I obviously have some form of PTSD from being a chubby fuck for several years. So any break in diet or not going to the gym for a few days just absolutely fucks with my head and makes me feel like I’m 17 again.

Second - to Samson’s point - it’s all perspective. I imagine a lot of you feel this way as well. It’s hard to simply look in the mirror and say to yourself “you look good” because you’re not in a vaccum. We spend our days looking at IFBB pros and sitting on social media so naturally we are always comparing. So it’s really like “you look good compared to…” or “you look like shit compared to…”. You can make this argument with most facets in life. My parents raised me to be happy with what you have and not compare yourself to others but it ain’t easy!
I’ll never be able to truly silence the voice inside my head of the fat kid who took shit for it growing up.

I’ll never be able to truly silence the voice inside my head of the fat kid who took shit for it growing up.
Yup - the trick is to use as much of it as you can for motivation without it driving you completely crazy lol

So I believe its two factors:

First - I obviously have some form of PTSD from being a chubby fuck for several years. So any break in diet or not going to the gym for a few days just absolutely fucks with my head and makes me feel like I’m 17 again.

Second - to Samson’s point - it’s all perspective. I imagine a lot of you feel this way as well. It’s hard to simply look in the mirror and say to yourself “you look good” because you’re not in a vaccum. We spend our days looking at IFBB pros and sitting on social media so naturally we are always comparing. So it’s really like “you look good compared to…” or “you look like shit compared to…”. You can make this argument with most facets in life. My parents raised me to be happy with what you have and not compare yourself to others but it ain’t easy!

I'm going to have to think about this for abit before I reply

I must have PTSD that tells me now life is short and sweet and just to enjoy everyday because it could be your last.

I could really care less how people think I look. I'm honestly happy when I look in the mirror. I know I don't look amazing but I'm ok with that. I also know I have the tools to change things quickly if I do think im getting a little soft or feel to heavy.

I must have PTSD that tells me now life is short and sweet and just to enjoy everyday because it could be your last.

I could really care less how people think I look. I'm honestly happy when I look in the mirror. I know I don't look amazing but I'm ok with that. I also know I have the tools to change things quickly if I do think im getting a little soft or feel to heavy.

But that’s the thing - it’s not about caring what other people think. Body dysmorphia is how you think about and view yourself. We are our own harshest critics. I, as I’m sure plenty of other members here, get compliments all the time from friends, family and randoms. Doesn’t stop me from shitting on myself.

But that’s the thing - it’s not about caring what other people think. Body dysmorphia is how you think about and view yourself. We are our own harshest critics. I, as I’m sure plenty of other members here, get compliments all the time from friends, family and randoms. Doesn’t stop me from shitting on myself.

Oh I get that bro... I was just stating how I feel, wasn't just directing at you.

When I was younger and wanted to compete I had it. I'm sure I still do to a certain degree. Im trying to think when my brain switched the feeling.

When I post pics on here I take them in good lighting and angles so obviously I do care but just not to the point it crosses my mind that much.

Do you feel it keeps you motivated? Or fear actually getting fat again?

Just brain storming bro, nothing but love 🥰😅

Random thought ive had as ive thought about my hardcore body dysmorphia

I've noticed that the world (sans all of us) is broken up into 2 groups - the ones who notice big and the ones that don't.
And its about 10% to 90. WE notice. Honestly, most people with a BBing eye notice. WE are in this 10%.
But the other 90% of the people on the planet do not. My 320 looks the same as someone's 250 to them. "You're both big." No, no we are not. The ones who dont notice also make comments like, "Oh my brother is big like you." Um, no he isn't. It allll looks the same to them. Big is big is big. The other 10% pick up small things. I can tell PLing big, BBing big, NFL lineman big, fat big, everything big. We can look at a guys forearms and calves and kinda know what they are working with lol.

Its like a secret handshake when you are out and see a massive human being, like a nod given to eachother like, "youve been doin this awhile, getting this big takes a long time." It's the huge guy card, an appreciation for long hard work. I feel like there's nothing more cringy when someone who THINKS they are big and have that "huge guy card" and try to walk by you, flexing their invisible lats. It takes awhile to be a member in this giant gang lol

Oh I get that bro... I was just stating how I feel, wasn't just directing at you.

When I was younger and wanted to compete I had it. I'm sure I still do to a certain degree. Im trying to think when my brain switched the feeling.

When I post pics on here I take them in good lighting and angles so obviously I do care but just not to the point it crosses my mind that much.

Do you feel it keeps you motivated? Or fear actually getting fat again?

Just brain storming bro, nothing but love 🥰😅
Always love!

I don’t know the split but I think I operate both out of fear and I genuinely do love the art of bodybuilding and seeing the transformation of my body. I try to explain it to my gen pop friends all the time when they roll their eyes at me and say things like “hey bro, are you bulking or cutting?” They don’t understand how much fun we have experimenting and then seeing our hard work pay off before our eyes. I think that’s where the “hobby” part of bodybuilding comes in. I don’t have kids or want to fucking make model airplanes - this is how I enjoy spending my free time.

What’s ironic is that for me competing helped me get it out of my head a bit. For some guys, once they compete they think they have to look like that year round.

However, I would venture to say more are like me and it really makes you realize how unrealistic it is to look like that every other day of the year.

I’ve learned to appreciate (and enjoy) each phase of this sport as they’re all extreme when you’re aiming to make good progress either up in size or cutting down in body fat.

So for anyone who thinks they’re too small or too fat- push the limit of the other end (not a mini beach cut or dirty bulk). I mean make it as uncomfortable as possible to look like you never have before on either side.

In my experience you’ll see a lot more of yourself than you did before and forget about what’s haunting you from your past.

Very powerful scene from an otherwise funny movie that I think many of us can understand better than most. Just watch the final minute. Hell of a visual.

Something I will share from the personal experience of being told I was skinny, weak, and worthless through my childhood and teenage years. That was powerful external programming and it had its effect. I eventually learned to make my inner dialogue louder and stronger and came to believe it over those other voices.

It occurred to me one day that I spent countless hours in the gym doing sets and reps and every little nuanced exercise to grow and perfect my body, but did nothing to hone my mind as a weapon against my self depreciating thoughts. I realized that my mind will not progress unless I exercise it specifically in the realm I wanted it to improve. I sought out every source I could find on changing my inner dialogue. Everything from Emotional Freedom Technique to Holotropic Breath Work to Binaural Beats / Hemispheric Synchronization based meditation.

I am not a psychologist, nor am I psychologically sound and confident at all times, but over time, having the discipline to recite mantras, practice mindful meditation, perform self hypnosis and engage in imagery exercises has helped me control my thoughts and inner dialogue considerably, over the years.

I don't traverse life aggrandized and arrogant and thinking I am king shit, I keep it very humble and walk with humility and compassion, but I am no longer plagued with self sabotage. I manage to stay highly motivated as I always want to achieve more, but I no longer operate out of fear or self loathing.

Just one of the tools that helped me a lot below:

“I declare a war against my Parasite for the freedom to use my own mind and body, for the freedom to become the architect of my own life, to design the life of my dreams, and to create a masterpiece of art.”​

― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements Companion Book: Using The Four Agreements to Master the Dream of Your Life

At my gym the majority of the dudes really are fat pieces of shit but when they look into the mirror all they see is prime Schwarzenegger. What’s that condition called? It’s an awful awful disease but entertaining at times.
Egotism.

I feel like the young guys in the gym in 2024 NEED some sort of body dysmorphia...or maybe they have it in reverse.
Far too many small kids who have put 0 time in flexing and THINKING they look like classic competitors when they are fucking light years away.

I like the good ole days of thinking you looked like kinda shit no matter what lol.

Its like a secret handshake when you are out and see a massive human being, like a nod given to eachother like, "youve been doin this awhile, getting this big takes a long time." It's the huge guy card, an appreciation for long hard work. I feel like there's nothing more cringy when someone who THINKS they are big and have that "huge guy card" and try to walk by you, flexing their invisible lats. It takes awhile to be a member in this giant gang lol

This is why I get so butt hurt when people on here talk a big game but don't back it up

I feel like the young guys in the gym in 2024 NEED some sort of body dysmorphia...or maybe they have it in reverse.
Far too many small kids who have put 0 time in flexing and THINKING they look like classic competitors when they are fucking light years away.

I like the good ole days of thinking you looked like kinda shit no matter what lol.
They do need it but their little egos are just so built up to an unreasonable level now. If I'd of done that shit 35 years ago back in the YMCA in the smaller town I grew up in I'd of been crucified and laughed out of the place by the older guys that had put their time in

Always love!

I don’t know the split but I think I operate both out of fear and I genuinely do love the art of bodybuilding and seeing the transformation of my body. I try to explain it to my gen pop friends all the time when they roll their eyes at me and say things like “hey bro, are you bulking or cutting?” They don’t understand how much fun we have experimenting and then seeing our hard work pay off before our eyes. I think that’s where the “hobby” part of bodybuilding comes in. I don’t have kids or want to fucking make model airplanes - this is how I enjoy spending my free time.

U can still love the art of bodybuilding and seeing the transformation and at the same time appreciate how good you look now. As you do.

As far as fear. Brother you will never be fat again. This shit is easy now. Once you opt to maintain or downsize it will get even easier.

Hey maybe when I stopped chasing size my mindset changed 🤔😅

You can have your cake and eat it to.

I know a lot of people who spend more money on gym clothes, accessories, etc. then they do food. Definitely makes me chuckle alittle bit

Absolutely correct.

I've had so many times when I'm at a club, concert, walking through the mall, etc., and I see another really jacked guy. We make eye contact, give each other that knowing nod of approval, and keep going.

I’ve never thought about it like that, thanks. I do have people I’m able to talk about it with but I’ve reached a point where it’s hard to gauge progress. I tell my training partners “you gotta tell me how I look cuz I can’t see my physique” and honestly that’s helped a lot
I’ve figured out over the years who likes to hear about your physique the LEAST.
The gfs, and wives.

Unless they’re full tilt in it with you, they could not give less of a fuck if you’re a soft 250 or hard as nails 275 (drawing from my own life here).

Even though the above comparison is HUGE in our world, they just don’t care. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BahguulsBlasts
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins