over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Having trouble activating lats

I call my late the “Wonder Twins” and when I am doing pull-downs I just yell out “shape of a cobra - ACTIVATE”

If you were a kid in 70’s hopefully that one made sense.

Either way - it was funny in my head.

I used to say "Bat wings....Activate!!!!"

Exactly. I'd say almost more than any other muscle, the lats truly take a mind/muscle connection

I think everyone is different in that respect. For me it was always chest being a problem. When I would bench I only felt it in my triceps and mostly delts.

Another idea

If you really want to feel it in your lats, pre exhaust them before doing a major exercise by doing a giant set. Do a set of dumbbell rows kneeling on the side of a bench and then go right to the pulldown machine and do a set of pulldowns nice and slow/controlled. Youll have to set the weight lower on the pulldowns of course, get out at least 10 or 12 reps. That one count as one set, doing both exercises back to back with no rest between other than travel time between the two. You shouldn't feel your biceps much at all doing those pulldowns.

One arm exercises.
Spot inject ur gear there maybe. You will feel them working

Do everything for back, including lats using a thumbs over the top grip. This decreases the amour of bicep involvement and focuses more direct tension on to the area you are working.

Do everything for back, including lats using a thumbs over the top grip. This decreases the amour of bicep involvement and focuses more direct tension on to the area you are working.

Glad you said that! I do that too and it makes a big difference. Helps to take the biceps muscle out of the movement. When you use straps your grip will be just as strong without using the thumb.

???

So . . . essentially you are saying to put the direct link (arms) to your back (strong)
in a weaker position to work a stronger muscle. Sounds bass ackwards to me :confused:
Have tried it did not like it, hindered results, but then again I don't look as good
as you do.

Personally, I find a pre-exhaust technique to be the most result producing solution.

Find movements that suit you anatomically.

If you've been training for a while, and have done the basics, and your back is a weakpoint.

Find various movements to see what you respond well to, and progress on those.

This was the "secret" John Meadows utilized when trying to bring up his back to win his pro card; traditional BB rows, and pulldowns didn't do it for him.

Best of luck.

So . . . essentially you are saying to put the direct link (arms) to your back (strong)
in a weaker position to work a stronger muscle. Sounds bass ackwards to me :confused:
Have tried it did not like it, hindered results, but then again I don't look as good
as you do.

Personally, I find a pre-exhaust technique to be the most result producing solution.

I know for me it really works well doing bent over barbell rows. I would feel it in my biceps a lot more until I stopped wraping my thumb under the bar. Putting it up top helped to take the biceps out more. Prior to that, on some sets my biceps would give out before my back muscles and that hindered the back. I was able to do more reps with my thumb on top, took stress off the biceps so that they didn't fatigue as fast.

as you do.

Use straps. Then the arms aren't in a weakened position.

as you do.

It may not work for everyone but the idea is to isolate the lats as completely as possible. The only way to do that is to eliminate any assistive muscles. When you combine this method with the use of wrist straps to compensate for grip strength the only muscle that can carry the load is the lats. But you've gotta wrap those fuckers tight, it'll work, I promise. We're talking near complete isolation of the lats, or any muscle in the back. I use this method for everything back related.

Glad you said that! I do that too and it makes a big difference. Helps to take the biceps muscle out of the movement. When you use straps your grip will be just as strong without using the thumb.

Damn right! This method and the use of straps has been my approach to back training for nearly 20 years and it always yields results regardless of training program or diet.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131