advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Having weird pain in the bicep/elbow/shoulder.. please help?

Chris288

Registered
Hey guys... a question on tendon and joint pain. I am a competetive arm wrestler and bodybuilder. I had a layoff for about a year from arm wrestling to just bodybuild and have recently starting training with a group of arm pulling pros i used to train with.. but i am having some really funny and weird pain in my arms. After pulling a week ago... and healing up from the soreness... my right arm will start to hurt around the elbow up at the lower biceps and run threw the side of the bicep along where the bone is up to the shoulder. Its not a tear.. cause it goes away after a little rubbing and ice... but the slightest thing with cause it to ache. Like turning something quickly like a steering wheel of a car. I can lift and curl and do everything, but if its something like a hammer curl it will start to kind of ache and burn up my arm to my shoulder. Is this a tendon? or is it from the joint? I have never had any injuries nor any tenditits or anything.. so not sure what it is.. or what I can take to heal it Not sure what heals tendons?. I kinda thought I started back to quickly and was just sore... but once it starts to ache.. its like I loose strengh and everything. Been like 3 weeks now. Thanks for any help

Chris288 said:
Hey guys... a question on tendon and joint pain. I am a competetive arm wrestler and bodybuilder. I had a layoff for about a year from arm wrestling to just bodybuild and have recently starting training with a group of arm pulling pros i used to train with.. but i am having some really funny and weird pain in my arms. After pulling a week ago... and healing up from the soreness... my right arm will start to hurt around the elbow up at the lower biceps and run threw the side of the bicep along where the bone is up to the shoulder. Its not a tear.. cause it goes away after a little rubbing and ice... but the slightest thing with cause it to ache. Like turning something quickly like a steering wheel of a car. I can lift and curl and do everything, but if its something like a hammer curl it will start to kind of ache and burn up my arm to my shoulder. Is this a tendon? or is it from the joint? I have never had any injuries nor any tenditits or anything.. so not sure what it is.. or what I can take to heal it Not sure what heals tendons?. I kinda thought I started back to quickly and was just sore... but once it starts to ache.. its like I loose strengh and everything. Been like 3 weeks now. Thanks for any help
Sounds like you have slipped the tendon from your biceps out of the Bicepital groove at the top of your Humerus. This refers pain to the shoulder and is common among arm wrestlers and heavy bench pressers. You need to have this tendon pushed or manipulated back into place.If this is the case. Not all doctors or physiotherapists know how to do this. There is a technique in which it can be done but a really good sports doctor or sports physio should know how to do this. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
This is great advice Oldfella... thanks so much!! I will have to look into finding a good doctor that can do this? What should i do in the meantime?? Just let it be? Layoff lifting? Quit pulling for a while? I suppose it wont heal itself will it? Thanks again

Chris288 said:
This is great advice Oldfella... thanks so much!! I will have to look into finding a good doctor that can do this? What should i do in the meantime?? Just let it be? Layoff lifting? Quit pulling for a while? I suppose it wont heal itself will it? Thanks again
No they will not relocate themselves. It has to be put back. You can lift but a short break from lifting/pulling would let the inflammation settle. Put Ice on it three times a day for 10 minutes a hit. You can still train but you will need to work around it. Once it gets put back I believe a two week layoff will allow the tendons to shrink back in the groove. good luck and try to get it fixed asap.

Ok sounds great!! Thanks so much Oldfella!! Starting icing it this morning already!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws