over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hawaiian Gym...

UltraHuge

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm relocating from the Midwest to the Hawaiian Island of Oahu in the coming months. I was wondering if anyone here either is from/has experience with the gyms in the Honolulu Area. More specifically I'm looking at places near Tripler Medical Facility. My fiance and I are relocating there for military purposes. My experience with the workout facilities at Schofield, Schafter, and Tripler are not the best as they are all sub par.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone here could let me know of any good workout facilities in the area.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys.

-Huge

I lived 5 years in Honolulu.

If you are military, I think Pearl Harbor has a nice gym (only been there once).

As for non-military gyms, I trained at 24 Hours Downtown and Kapiolani. Downtown is a little small but has a lot of equipment (including a benching "corridor" which leands to the serious lifting rooms with the cages and leg presses). Kapiolani is gigantic and if you can fit it in your schedule, go there.

powerhouse gym in pearlridge.

take care.
MS

Thanks for the knowledge guys I really appreciate it. I've never been to the Pearl Harbor gym. I'll have to go there sometime and see what kind of cool toys the Navy plays with haha.

Are any of you guys still located in the Honolulu area? It'd be cool to meet some PM guys when I go out there.

-Huge

I moved from Honolulu 6 years ago. I trained at 24 hour, I was happy with it.

i'm in the honolulu area when i come back for christmas and summer breaks. i typically workout at the powerhouse downtown

Awesome, powerhouse is beginning to sound more and more like the general consensus in terms of where to train.

I'm getting more and more excited to get there and just see what the atmosphere is like there versus the midwest.

Thanks again for all your help guys

-Huge

Awesome, powerhouse is beginning to sound more and more like the general consensus in terms of where to train.

I'm getting more and more excited to get there and just see what the atmosphere is like there versus the midwest.

Thanks again for all your help guys

-Huge

coming from someone who was born and raised on oahu and goes to school in wisconsin, i'd say that the gym environment is pretty comparable

I think overall, you will find a lot of good places to train in HI. You have to take in the fact that your average Samoan and Hawaiian can most likely bench 225 like it was just the bar thus most gyms go big with the weights -- even 'fluffly' places like 24 Hour cater to big guys.

However, stay out of Waikiki for gyms.

I think overall, you will find a lot of good places to train in HI. You have to take in the fact that your average Samoan and Hawaiian can most likely bench 225 like it was just the bar thus most gyms go big with the weights -- even 'fluffly' places like 24 Hour cater to big guys.

However, stay out of Waikiki for gyms.

definitely true. those guys go into the gym for the first time and end up pulling 500 off the ground like it's nothing

Any reason to stay out of Waikiki??? Just the gym quality? Or the tourists and what not?

Dropshot that's ironic that I'm following your path in the reverse haha. What school do you go to if you don't mind my asking?

-Huge

Any reason to stay out of Waikiki??? Just the gym quality? Or the tourists and what not?

Dropshot that's ironic that I'm following your path in the reverse haha. What school do you go to if you don't mind my asking?

-Huge

waikiki is the tourist area. it is also very congested and hard to find parking.

i'm a wisconsin badger.

Nice nice, I'm originally from the Madison area. But I'm finishing up my degree at UW-Oshkosh.

I figured that would have been the main reason. But I just wanted to be sure. I know that they are some sketchy places for non-locals to stay away from.

-Huge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity