over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HBCD with Insulin

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
Anyone have experience with using HBCD with their Insulin over simple sugars like dextrose, Gatorade etc..? I have a few jugs in my cupboard. Just wondering if the same rules of thumb would apply?

It clears very fast..Like I'd go hypo without insulin after my workout when I used it intra. I mixed a little malodextrin with it and it helped.

Anyone have experience with using HBCD with their Insulin over simple sugars like dextrose, Gatorade etc..? I have a few jugs in my cupboard. Just wondering if the same rules of thumb would apply?
I always have hbcd in my intra. Never use dextrose myself although I have to admit I'm starting to think about it with the prices of supplements rising like mad.

Hbcd works fine with insulin yes. I always take my pre workout meal with the insulin and then my intra with hbcd, eaa and a little peptopro during workout

Yes . Karbolyn as well. I find dextose to be just as good and a lower price. I haven't done the math.

Usually i always train very near my prewo meal so basically, i use Mike Arnold's Insulin protocol:
-30mins prewo (basically while you drive to your gym) shoot 15+iu Humalog and drink HBCD + EAA
-intrawo: HBCD + EAA
-right postwo: HBCD + EAA
-once at home have a solid meal

I like HBCD because they digest fast and i feel lighter when i train.

I didn't like Dextrose because it seemed to last on my stomach forever.

i love HBCD in my intra, no bloating of the stomach, passes nice and steady, of all the diff carbs i tried intra its my clear favorit.

I have used just about every carb source out there for my intra shake when using slin. I never felt myself goin hypo or anything . I actually prefer hbcd best because I’ve never had any gastric distress with them. No bloat has etc. and my favorite reason is cause I can still eat a meal and digest real food well after my workout. My routine when I’m using skin preworkout has always been a meal 90min prior to workout and then my preworkout drink 20mins prior to gym. Once I get to gym I soo my intra throughout workout and that’s
50-75g hbcd depending on slin dose
5G creatine
15g eaas
5G glutamine
Once I got home after workout I’d have 50g whey iso and cream of wheat packet and then 45min-60min later real meal

** quick side note. I just started experimenting with new carb source called by Allmax called “Carb-ion” and I really really like it. It’s a mix of hbcd and another source. Feel great onnit

It does digest quickly/smoothly but I would treat it exactly the same as other carbs. I would recommend sipping your drink slowly so it lasts you until you are due to eat. I would recommend adding EAA's and glutamine to your shake.

I use Dextrin pre and intra. Dextrose post.

I have used just about every carb source out there for my intra shake when using slin. I never felt myself goin hypo or anything . I actually prefer hbcd best because I’ve never had any gastric distress with them. No bloat has etc. and my favorite reason is cause I can still eat a meal and digest real food well after my workout. My routine when I’m using skin preworkout has always been a meal 90min prior to workout and then my preworkout drink 20mins prior to gym. Once I get to gym I soo my intra throughout workout and that’s
50-75g hbcd depending on slin dose
5G creatine
15g eaas
5G glutamine
Once I got home after workout I’d have 50g whey iso and cream of wheat packet and then 45min-60min later real meal

** quick side note. I just started experimenting with new carb source called by Allmax called “Carb-ion” and I really really like it. It’s a mix of hbcd and another source. Feel great onnit
I have been using a few tubs of the Carbion too. Did you stick with it or have you switched to another product. I still go hypo despite 75g carbs (oatmeal) 1hr pre with 10IU R at beginning of workout, scoop and a half (35'ish G carbs from Carbion) 1.5 hrs later i go hypo but that usually occurs at the time im doing LISS cardio after weight training so im not sure if that is the culprit. Just wonder if i shouldnt switch up the carb drink. Thoughts?

A little isomaltulose in the carb drink may reduce the chance of hypo.

A dash of dextrose or even sucrose (table suga 😘) with HBCD will increase glycogen synthesis and uptake of the carbs.

It was in one of the endurance books I bought last year. I’ll try to find the source. But Ususally, a mix of two carbs is better than one carb.

Another thing we need to talk about is osmolality of the drink. We need to be close to isotonic relative to blood volume. AKA don’t put 50g carbs, 25g EAA, 10g creatine, 5g glutamine in 500ml of water, that sludge in your shaker will NOT be isotonic lol.

A dash of dextrose or even sucrose (table suga 😘) with HBCD will increase glycogen synthesis and uptake of the carbs.

It was in one of the endurance books I bought last year. I’ll try to find the source. But Ususally, a mix of two carbs is better than one carb.
With sucrose they are after the fructose. Fructose goes to the liver and enhances recovery, don't remember all the mechanisms. Usually fructose is the devil but especially endurance athletes benefit from it after races. I mentioned isomaltulose, does about the same, has very low GI and many think it's easy on the stomach. It does reduce the incidence of hypo if mixed into a fast carb drink when you use insulin imo. I only put like 15 grams of isomaltulose with say 75 fast carbs, something like that.

1https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomaltulose

Yes I see people mix Vitargo etc at a high concentration into drinks but that defeats the whole purpose of an expensive carb like that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws