YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HCG diet...question...not your typical HCG diet.

pumpkinhead

Registered
Please read this post before you reply and say "hcg diet sucks". I do not plan on doing the typical HCG diet in the sense most people think about.

So I typically write my wifes pre-comp diet, but I have noticed in the past few years, now that she is 40...her body tends to shut down on us with about 10lbs to go before she is stage ready. Her body will JUST NOT LET GO of that final 10lbs. We have tried everything, last year even hired a professional prep coach, who turned out to be less successful then I am.

So what I am thinking...when she gets near that "last 10lb mark", adding HCG into her diet. I know most NON-bodybuilding women tend to eat 500 calories on the HCG diets, but for her @ 165lbs (stage weight 153lbs) she would be at about 1200 calories by this mark. In essence I am hoping the HCG will trick her body into thinking she is prego and to let go of that final fat to feed her non-existent baby. The downside is the HCG will spike her Estrogen levels, making it harder to loose fat. Of course I could always throw Nolvadex into the mix, but that might interfere with the "pregnancy" effect of the HCG.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Last year when she hit the "10lb to go mark"...she was at over 2 hours of cardio a day (1 hour fasted, 1 hour after workout) and 1100 calories..and her body would still not let go of any more weight.

Check Thyroid

T3 to burn off those last 10lbs

if HCG burned fat I think we would all be taking it, but it doesn't, the only 500 cals per day if what burns the fat, the HCG is just big money for the weigh loss clinics

Any thoughts or suggestions. Last year when she hit the "10lb to go mark"...she was at over 2 hours of cardio a day (1 hour fasted, 1 hour after workout) and 1100 calories..and her body would still not let go of any more weight.[/QUOTE]

Just guessing here - but sounds like she needed a good old refeed

Check Thyroid

T3 to burn off those last 10lbs

if HCG burned fat I think we would all be taking it, but it doesn't, the only 500 cals per day if what burns the fat, the HCG is just big money for the weigh loss clinics

I appreciate your input, her T3 levels are good. Doctor even has her on T3/T4 combo to keep her in high end optimal zone.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Last year when she hit the "10lb to go mark"...she was at over 2 hours of cardio a day (1 hour fasted, 1 hour after workout) and 1100 calories..and her body would still not let go of any more weight.

Just guessing here - but sounds like she needed a good old refeed[/QUOTE]

always practice refeed's. Thanks for the input however. Her particular situation has stumped many..even top prep coach ran into same problems.

Was trying to think outside the box with the Hcg idea. As this seems the only approach we have not taken.

Might be as simple as just taking her calories even lower.

Obviously we're all different and maybe I just have freaky metabolism, but 1,200 calories is what I was eating at the end of dieting this last year at roughly 195lbs. and 6%.

How long would the "stall" last when you guys would be near the end? I know you said she couldn't drop any more weight....but how long of a period did she continue with it before you stopped trying?

I've hit sticking points in the past....But never made any adjustments until about 4 weeks in with no progress.

I figured I would give it time as I wasn't taking caliper measurements. But eventually progress would resume.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I appreciate your input, her T3 levels are good. Doctor even has her on T3/T4 combo to keep her in high end optimal zone.

In that case, if she can't get lean enough even with all that effort and working with a top coach as you describe then it may be as simple as maybe she can't get extremely lean. It sounds like she is doing everything right. I don't mean this in a negative way, some people just can't get extremely shredded no matter what they just like many can't squat 1000lbs no matter how hard they try or how we can't all be great at math etc.

Since competing is just a hobby for your wife, is it really a huge deal if shes a little out of shape as long as she knows she gave it her all?

You have to weigh the effort and health risk against the potential reward if she comes in 100% in shape, it's probably not worth it.

How long would the "stall" last when you guys would be near the end? I know you said she couldn't drop any more weight....but how long of a period did she continue with it before you stopped trying?

I've hit sticking points in the past....But never made any adjustments until about 4 weeks in with no progress.

I figured I would give it time as I wasn't taking caliper measurements. But eventually progress would resume.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

this problem has only started in the past couple years. Last time she stalled, it went as long as 12 weeks. Upping cardio, dropping calories as low as 800 for a couple weeks at a time, cycling carbs, cycling calories, refeed's..etc... NOTHING made a difference, actually gained 2lbs one week. Frustrating as crap.

In that case, if she can't get lean enough even with all that effort and working with a top coach as you describe then it may be as simple as maybe she can't get extremely lean. It sounds like she is doing everything right. I don't mean this in a negative way, some people just can't get extremely shredded no matter what they just like many can't squat 1000lbs no matter how hard they try or how we can't all be great at math etc.

Since competing is just a hobby for your wife, is it really a huge deal if shes a little out of shape as long as she knows she gave it her all?

You have to weigh the effort and health risk against the potential reward if she comes in 100% in shape, it's probably not worth it.

That is the Frustrating part, she used to get EXTREMELY LEAN...veiny in the chest, legs, everything.... this problem has only started when she hit her late 30's. After a gambit of blood work, adding thyroid, cortisol control supplements, etc..etc...etc.. Nothing has changed it. WTF has changed with her body in the last 2-3 years preventing her from getting super lean.

I have saved all her diets over the past 12 years...we have revisited other diets used in the past, same problem.... this is why I was throwing the off chance maybe someone has heard of throwing HCG into the mix when she normally stalls.

It is so bad, after 24 years in the sport I even start questioning what I know. Have even used some female pro's I know to try and tweak her workouts or diets, but they always come back to me and say it looks right on par.

P.s. Her diet this year just started on Monday, 5 days in...down 1.5lbs @ 2000calories and only 30min of cardio/day. Obviously Cardio will be increased and calories dropped as weight loss slows, but I know where this is going to end up. :(

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws