over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HCG on TRT

FlexNyC

Registered
What's the benefit if any?
When would we need it if we did?

Anyone know by any chance.

HCG stimulates your natural production of testosterone. It mimics the LH (luteinizing hormone) signal from the pituitary gland.

Under normal conditions your body regulates your hormone levels via the HPTA - hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis. It’s basically your body’s feedback system that determines when your testosterone is low and increases production (increases LH) … then when the levels rise, decreases production (decreases LH). When you are young and in good health it is – perfection. It regulates everything perfectly and all is right with the world.

When you introduce testosterone into your body, you are messing with the HPTA. Your body sees the excess testosterone and shuts off natural production (LH ~ 0). If you keep introducing testosterone, your natural production is pretty much shut down during this period.

So … your testicles begin to shrink – they atrophy. Your testicles will reduce in size. In some cases the size reduction may be drastic (I guess it depends on how large your testicles were in the first place). Ejaculatory volume may also decrease.

If you would like your natural production to resume, leaving your testicles shut down indefinitely is probably not a good plan. Let’s say you were on TRT for 5 years and never used HCG. You would be shut down for 5 years. If you tried to re-start natural production … it could be tough. Basically, your ability to produce testosterone may be severely diminished.

When you are older (say in your 50s), you don’t produce much testosterone anyway. So whether or not your natural production comes back may not matter. In my case, the testicles are not doing much anyway.

When I take HCG, my testicles increase in diameter a little bit. Ejaculatory volume increases a just little bit. Basically, HCG can be like mashing the gas pedal to the floor on your natural production (especially if you take large enough doses of HCG). In my case, it’s like mashing the gas on a worn out 1972 Chevy Vega – not much happens.

For younger folks, being shut down can effect fertility. If you still want kids, you probably want to have access to some HCG. Like anything else, there are some down sides to HCG. For example, HCG can make it more difficult for you to control estrogen levels (it typically causes some additional aromatization). Some folks have enough trouble getting the estrogen levels in the right range – without HCG in the mix. Adding HCG can definitely complicate the protocol.

This should be enough information to get you started. I’m sure other folks can chime in with more prod and cons.

HCG will help to maintain testicular function. Very common when on trt

In case you are interested there is another signal that gets suppressed when you are on TRT - FSH- follicle stimulating hormone. I’ve been on TRT a few years. If you looked at my blood work you would see my LH and FSH are basically zero..

You can see from the thread below that HMG can be added to the protocol as well. HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) treatments can include HCG and can basically mimic both LH and FSH. In theory the LH stimulates the production of testosterone, and FSH promotes the formation of sperm. HMG is not as common in TRT protocols. It's used when fertility is an issue.

HCG also keeps your leydig cells from dying, which is what happens when your testes stop functioning.

Some people report a better feeling when incorporating HCG into there therapy.

HCG will help to maintain testicular function. Very common when on trt

...HCG functions to offset the negative feedback created by synthetically supplementing test...my MD has me on .10 ML ED (10,000IU ML + B12)...it is both needed to some degree and common...

In case you are interested there is another signal that gets suppressed when you are on TRT - FSH- follicle stimulating hormone. I’ve been on TRT a few years. If you looked at my blood work you would see my LH and FSH are basically zero..

You can see from the thread below that HMG can be added to the protocol as well. HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) treatments can include HCG and can basically mimic both LH and FSH. In theory the LH stimulates the production of testosterone, and FSH promotes the formation of sperm. HMG is not as common in TRT protocols. It's used when fertility is an issue.

A very nice addition if properly used to keep the boys healthy...

...HCG functions to offset the negative feedback created by synthetically supplementing test...my MD has me on .10 ML ED (10,000IU ML + B12)...it is both needed to some degree and common...

A very nice addition if properly used to keep the boys healthy...

Are you doing this 2 X EW? Sorry i see it now ED Wow havent seen this before but always learning something new :)

Last edited:
Wow, 1000 iu a day, I thought at those numbers down regulation would happen...

I do 250mcg every 4 days on hrt and have had no problems.

...it works out to abouit 350-400 IU daily.

HMG 3X Week will also help.... (@75IU)

Still too much imo. If you are going through a clinic, they like higher doses because they get more money. You don't need that much HCG

HCG stimulates your natural production of testosterone. It mimics the LH (luteinizing hormone) signal from the pituitary gland.

Under normal conditions your body regulates your hormone levels via the HPTA - hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis. It’s basically your body’s feedback system that determines when your testosterone is low and increases production (increases LH) … then when the levels rise, decreases production (decreases LH). When you are young and in good health it is – perfection. It regulates everything perfectly and all is right with the world.

When you introduce testosterone into your body, you are messing with the HPTA. Your body sees the excess testosterone and shuts off natural production (LH ~ 0). If you keep introducing testosterone, your natural production is pretty much shut down during this period.

So … your testicles begin to shrink – they atrophy. Your testicles will reduce in size. In some cases the size reduction may be drastic (I guess it depends on how large your testicles were in the first place). Ejaculatory volume may also decrease.

If you would like your natural production to resume, leaving your testicles shut down indefinitely is probably not a good plan. Let’s say you were on TRT for 5 years and never used HCG. You would be shut down for 5 years. If you tried to re-start natural production … it could be tough. Basically, your ability to produce testosterone may be severely diminished.

When you are older (say in your 50s), you don’t produce much testosterone anyway. So whether or not your natural production comes back may not matter. In my case, the testicles are not doing much anyway.

When I take HCG, my testicles increase in diameter a little bit. Ejaculatory volume increases a just little bit. Basically, HCG can be like mashing the gas pedal to the floor on your natural production (especially if you take large enough doses of HCG). In my case, it’s like mashing the gas on a worn out 1972 Chevy Vega – not much happens.

For younger folks, being shut down can effect fertility. If you still want kids, you probably want to have access to some HCG. Like anything else, there are some down sides to HCG. For example, HCG can make it more difficult for you to control estrogen levels (it typically causes some additional aromatization). Some folks have enough trouble getting the estrogen levels in the right range – without HCG in the mix. Adding HCG can definitely complicate the protocol.

This should be enough information to get you started. I’m sure other folks can chime in with more prod and cons.

Great post. Welcome to the Site.

I am 49, I have two MD friends who have anti-aging clinics in Florida. One says I am a fool if I don't take HCG, the other doesn't see the benefit and says too much HCG "may" burn out the testicles.(?)

I take HCG. I believe it allows me to lower my Test dose and it gives me a bump in libido.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131