over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HCT levels + Phlebotomy = BS

He is 100% correct. There is no evidence that high hematocrit without high platelets is dangerous. I've been walking around with a hematocrit of 56-60% for years. No amount of phlebotomizing will get it to STAY lower. I used to be terrified about this and tanked my ferritin levels donating all the time. I got my genetic clotting tests and I am negative for them. Dr. Neil Rouzier was the first person to start speaking truth about how it's not a concern.

He is 100% correct. There is no evidence that high hematocrit without high platelets is dangerous. I've been walking around with a hematocrit of 56-60% for years. No amount of phlebotomizing will get it to STAY lower. I used to be terrified about this and tanked my ferritin levels donating all the time. I got my genetic clotting tests and I am negative for them. Dr. Neil Rouzier was the first person to start speaking truth about how it's not a concern.
agree and also my hematocrit is still 53-60 depending on the cycle. But my platelets are always low..... Diet also has a big influence on that. When cutting, I always have lower values... but I never donate blood again. It was a mistake and my hematocrit always jumped even higher within a few days. It's definitely not a solution.

many including myself have done this. live and learn.

regardless if you have a genetic clotting factor if you are ....

1. running very high bp
2. have high HCT/Hemoglobin
3. high ferritin/plateltes

you should donate and get off and fix things before hoping back on.

Depends on "why" you donate.
I personally donate every 4 months or so for others.
It's not about me.
Been doing it for YEARS!

Depends on "why" you donate.
I personally donate every 4 months or so for others.
It's not about me.
Been doing it for YEARS!
This, and there is also a health advantage to donating once a year. It's just that the benefit doesn't come from lowering hematocrit. It comes from lowering iron (but getting iron too low is bad).

This, and there is also a health advantage to donating once a year. It's just that the benefit doesn't come from lowering hematocrit. It comes from lowering iron (but getting iron too low is bad).
if you take iron pills like feramax or palafar which i was told to use if i am a frequent donor won't that cause the rbc to make more hct again.

I've posted this over and over here but nobody pays attention.

I'd venture that for most guys using AAS and experiencing high hematocrit the AAS aren't the main cause - poor hydration and chronic, untreated sleep apnea are more likely.

Like some others have stated, my hematocrit has fluctuated between 52%-60%, according to my bloodwork. My higher or lower numbers didn't didn't seem to depend if I was on low dose trt or running something a bit more. I do know for fact as danieltx stated above, dehydration can drive that number up as well as untreated sleep apnea (had that too until I got tested). Been on mostly 125mgs/wk trt for many years and my numbers still fluctuate about the same... Valuable information...

so i am at 59% HCT and 19HB with low paletts.
my doc advised me to donate, we tried 2 times and both times my body collapsed after 200ml/100ml of blood.
Due to all my medications for my cardiomyopathy, my blood pressure is extremly low. Giving blood further lowers it and after a small amoutn of blood
my body does not give more blood, i get cold sweat, nausea and then black out.

He wants me to try another time but i always feel miserable for atleast 2 days after this procedure..

so i am at 59% HCT and 19HB with low paletts.
my doc advised me to donate, we tried 2 times and both times my body collapsed after 200ml/100ml of blood.
Due to all my medications for my cardiomyopathy, my blood pressure is extremly low. Giving blood further lowers it and after a small amoutn of blood
my body does not give more blood, i get cold sweat, nausea and then black out.

He wants me to try another time but i always feel miserable for atleast 2 days after this procedure

are you on trt? what is your dose?

what is your ferritin / iron numbers?

are you on trt? what is your dose?

what is your ferritin / iron numbers?
i am on "TRT+" or however one would call it.
I am experimenting with low osages alot.
the blood work is from before dropping the 100ml of blood. I was on 10mg test cyp + 5mg trest E back then
ferritin and iron and a bit over middle of the range

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420