over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) pre-contest carb up

saffire

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, i'm compete soon but i can't get dyazide, what i get is HCTZ.... is problem with only that compound?

- before show i'm not planing cuting water / sodium, something like Matt Porter protocol

- only day of show sipping water as needed nothing else will be cutted

- carbing up only on friday

tabs are 12,5 mg hctz , planing using 1-2 tabs friday night and 1-2 tabs morning show

any guys using hctz or anyone got experience ?

thanks!

I've used the straight HCTZ and it gave a great look but seemed to give more cramping, maybe because of the lack of triamterene which the dyazide adds. The only way I could use the straight HCTZ was with a lower dose coupled with an OTC natural diuretic like Expell.

You could not get maxzide either? That one seemed to work the best.

I've used the straight HCTZ and it gave a great look but seemed to give more cramping, maybe because of the lack of triamterene which the dyazide adds. The only way I could use the straight HCTZ was with a lower dose coupled with an OTC natural diuretic like Expell.

You could not get maxzide either? That one seemed to work the best.

i don't think :/ got on hand only HCTZ , Aldactone & Lasix nothing else. so my choice is HCTZ for now , last show i did Aldactone and come too flat, for lasix i'm little afraid so thats it.

how much you used HCTZ ?

Lasix and HCTZ are pretty similar in terms of effects and they are prescribed almost interchangeably. Don't think you would notice a difference between dyazide and HCTZ though, the hydro is what I use. I only need a tab Friday night but some people benefit from a 2nd

Lasix and HCTZ are pretty similar in terms of effects and they are prescribed almost interchangeably. Don't think you would notice a difference between dyazide and HCTZ though, the hydro is what I use. I only need a tab Friday night but some people benefit from a 2nd

Lasix and hctz are not prescribed interchangeably.. you know very little about medicine. Lasix is used for patients with severe fluid retention , or congestive heart failure. Hctz is the weakest, used for moderate hypertension..

Last edited:
Lasix and hctz are not prescribed interchangeably.. you know very little about medicine. Lasix is used for patients with severe fluid retention , or congestive heart failure. Hctz is the weakest, used for moderate hypertension..

I have patients that doctors prescribe both for either fluid retention or hypertension.

Personally, when used precontest though, lasix pulls less fluid than HCTZ. 12.5mg of HCTZ is all I need and anymore will flatten me out pretty drastically whereas I need 40mg furosemide to do the same

I have patients that doctors prescribe both for either fluid retention or hypertension.

Personally, when used precontest though, lasix pulls less fluid than HCTZ. 12.5mg of HCTZ is all I need and anymore will flatten me out pretty drastically whereas I need 40mg furosemide to do the same

Using only day of show or night before?

i will carb loading only on day before with little slin 2iu max

Saffire, if you still have some problem getting HCTZ, please let us know. We have it pharma grade.

Lasix and HCTZ are pretty similar in terms of effects and they are prescribed almost interchangeably.

:banghead:

You give TERRIBLE advice... guys, please, don't follow what he says.

You're comparing HCTZ and furosemide mg for mg, which is utterly stupid, knowing that most folks prescribed Lasix for serious heart problems are given 500mg tabs. Lasix, unless it's the injectable version, is very unpredictable and most often cause way more damages on a competitor's physique than anything else: odds are 9/10 to miss your peak... you'll either look dramatically flat or spilled over when it has left your system... which you never really know when it's gonna happen.

Not to mention the possible awful cramping from sodium and potassium excretion...

:eek::cool:

You're comparing HCTZ and furosemide mg for mg, which is utterly stupid, knowing that most folks prescribed Lasix for serious heart problems are given 500mg tabs. Lasix, unless it's the injectable version, is very unpredictable and most often cause way more damages on a competitor's physique than anything else: odds are 9/10 to miss your peak... you'll either look dramatically flat or spilled over when it has left your system... which you never really know when it's gonna happen.

Not to mention the possible awful cramping from sodium and potassium excretion...

and what your thoughs on HCTZ ? did you run any protocol with it?

12.5mg night before / morning show would be enough?

Giving diuretic advice over a forum with no background info is a recipe for failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. You saved me a follow up post !

Spirolactone works without the cramping.100 to 200 mg for a few days and your dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One, I wasn't giving advice per se, I was stating what works for me.

Two, furosemide and HCTZ are both approved and prescribed for fluid retention, congestive heart failure, and hypertension although furosemide is used more frequently for the latter.

Three, nowhere did I compare the two mg for mg. But if you were trying to compare them, 40mg furosemide is a generally higher dose than 12.5mg HCTZ. Lasix has never caused cramping or as much flatness for me as compared to hctz. That's my experiemce and I know many competitors who use both. There is no definite right answer. Do a trial run with one or both and see how they work for you individually.

Furosemide at 40mg gives me the aids look in a matter of hours if i'm already lean. The next day after Furosemide my body is very exhausted.

HCTZ/Triameteren 25mg/50mg on the other hand even with 2 tabs doesn't have the same effect. Next day is fine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131