over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hdl levels?

my results were : all measured in mmo 1/l (dont know what that means)

tc 4.3
hdl 0.39
trg 1.15
glucose 4.19
ldl did not read and nurse said she didn't know why+we tried a few times and on different machines.
non-hdl and tc/hdl ratio's did not read and nurse said this was because my hdl levels were so low so it couldn't calculate a reading.

I would ask to talk to the doctor, and ask for a re-test.

my results were : all measured in mmo 1/l (dont know what that means)

tc 4.3
hdl 0.39
trg 1.15
glucose 4.19

Ok I have my bloodwork next to me, and hdl 0.12 g/l = 0.31 mmol/l

Which means at 0.39 mmol/l, yours is higher than mine... however it doesn't mean it's good cause the level should be higher than 1.16 mmol/l

BTW, my ldl is 2.88 mmol/l (good cuz must be lower than 4.13)
triglycerides are 1.05 mmol/l (good, must be lower than 1.71)
total cholesterol is 3.66 mmol/l (good, must be lower than 5.16)

Last edited:
39 IS ON THE HIGH END. THAT IS PERFECT. I DOUBT IT WAS 39 IF DOC SAID THERE WAS A PROBLEM.

Yes, 39 is fine. However, 39 HDL with total cholesterol between 130-200 is different than HDL 39 with total cholesterol of 300 + (just an example). Also, if you total cholesterol is around 150 or so, the LDL/HDL ratio becomes close to irrelevant ....I think someone mentioned a ration of 24.4?!-- that's the highest I've ever seen...

YES

Yes, 39 is fine. However, 39 HDL with total cholesterol between 130-200 is different than HDL 39 with total cholesterol of 300 + (just an example). Also, if you total cholesterol is around 150 or so, the LDL/HDL ratio becomes close to irrelevant ....I think someone mentioned a ration of 24.4?!-- that's the highest I've ever seen...

MY TOTAL CHOLESTEROL LEVEL IS 119.
MY HDL IS 20.

119!?.. wow..

I've noticed most who use aas tend to always have a low hdl. LDL can be fine,total cholest can be good,etc.. but its always low hdl

Big Bapper - is that on cycle? That LDL is crazy high, if it means 304 in "American doctor lingo". That's scary actually. The statin should help though - which one are you taking?

I am using Simvastatin 20mg every night, I used simvastatin before and it worked well. Just wanted to try the natural route to see how it went.

Drugs used when test was done,
Sus
Tren A
Oxy

So I was on quite a big cycle. I will go back for next test and post results.

i have seen this mentioned before (total cholesterol under 150 and ldl/hdl ratio is irrevelant) i asked my doctor about this as my total cholestrol is 121 and my hdl is/was 26. he felt i was still putting myself at risk for heart disease. any thoughts???

i have seen this mentioned before (total cholesterol under 150 and ldl/hdl ratio is irrevelant) i asked my doctor about this as my total cholestrol is 121 and my hdl is/was 26. he felt i was still putting myself at risk for heart disease. any thoughts???

Edge- The most common things I see (not my labs, looking at other peoples labs) are elevated cholesterol/tri's, A1C/glucose, liver functions--- I'm talking about "common people" :D -- not bb'ers. The medical profession has varying opinions on what normal lab tests should look like, but the majority of ranges are pretty close on most issues----- not so much for cholesterol. There is no overwhelming evidence to support high cholesterol levels leading to heart disease ( or low total with low HDL). Ask your doctor to show you evidence of someone with your levels even being slightly at risk for heart disease--- I bet he can't

The pharmaceutical industry may be the most powerful entity in the USA (one of them at least)--- most of us know this. Right now one of their huge money makers is cholesterol. I believe the "link" to people with cholesterol levels of 250+ usually eat like shit, don't eat fiber, don't drink water, drink soda and coffee all day-- they may have high cholesterol, but what's going to do them in is clogged arteries, diabetes, colitis, hypertension-- etc...

When these folks start dropping, people want to point out how high their cholesterol was. I am not a doctor, but we know that many (heck, maybe the majority) doctors only know how to prescribe medication. 80-90 % of peoples health problems could be solved by improving nutrition, water intake, and know which supplements to use.

So this is my long-winded way of saying I think 121 with HDL of 26 is fine:)

I get kinda fed up with doctors and the medical field sometimes-- sorry for the rant.....

For whatever it's worth my total cholesterol is 117, my HDL is 23 and my LDL is 74.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws